A speech you won't see on Fox News or CNN.

This is a really good speech by Rand Paul on the floor of the senate about a bill he is putting forward to end foreign aid. Its long but worth the watch

Your not kidding about being long. Sorry Ill pass.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Your not kidding about being long. Sorry Ill pass.
    I figured most would, but if anyone does it will be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    I figured most would, but if anyone does it will be worth it.
    If it were my country rather than yours being an interest of mine I would, but I have other priorities.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

I don't see what Fox or CNN have to do with it. None of the news outlets are going to give up an hour's time to air it.

That being said, the Bill will go nowhere, no matter how much sense it makes.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    I don't see what Fox or CNN have to do with it. None of the news outlets are going to give up an hour's time to air it.

That being said, the Bill will go nowhere, no matter how much sense it makes.
    Media is not picking it up at all is the point. Don't you find it interesting that a bill that would quickly gain public support, from democrats and republicans alike, is not being reported on at all?

No, I don't find it interesting. I could make a list a mile long of legislation that I have watched (via Library of Congress web site as an example) get pushed through that the media did not report on.

I used to watch CSPAN, but it took up too much time for so little information on all that was going on in other committees.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/23/wo...oc.semityn.www

Yes Senator Paul is right on the mark with this. Taxpayer's money funneled by the billions to support the next despot of the region known as the ME.

Morsi is now telling Washington how things will be under the guise of the Muslim Brotherhood.

Vikram Phatak
    Austin, Texas

Flag

I have an employee who just got back from visiting his family in Cairo. He told me that Egyptians knew the video was by a crazy person and not the US Government and didn't hold the US accountable. He said he was shocked to see how it was being portrayed here by the media.

More interestingly, he told me that the thugs protesting at the US embassy were paid henchmen. ...The same henchmen Mubarak used to break up peaceful protests in the early days of Egyptian revolution. I received corroboration of this from a business client who had just returned from Egypt & said he never felt threatened or in any danger. He had been told the protests at the US embassy were staged as well.

If this is true, it explains why Morsi was not concerned about condemning the violence, since he paid for it (like AstroTurf movements in the US), and he therefore knew the US embassy wasn't in any danger. In effect, it was a play that enabled Morsi to prove his bona fides to the extremists and reinforce his power domestically while reminding Washington not to take Egypt for granted.

Can you comment? Did any of this come up in your discussions?

Someone always spills the beans. The recent violence in Egypt was staged and had nothing to do with a Copic Egyptian film,the media has been up to their old tricks again.
    FEN

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...208469470.html

And in Lybia it was staged also. It never was about a goofy video. Al-Qaida used that video as an excuse to kill Stevens.

Lets all wait for a revised statement from Hilliary and the White House.http://rubinreports.********.co.il/search/label/libya

Lucy you got some explaining to do.
    FEN

I think it is probably in the best interest to cut all ties with these nations and let them fight it out, till they all get it settled. Trying to help them or control them just makes us their target.

http://www.therightscoop.com/special...attack-to-now/
    On a time line basis,this administration is FUBAR.
    FEN

http://thehill.com/blogs/global-affa...hreats-attacks

The wheels in Washington spin in slow motion. Whistle blowers have proof that the consulate in Lybia had attacks in progress dating back to April.
    And Joebama did nothing. Hillary has been called out to testify in hearings slated for October. Further proof this was not about a goofy video.
    Joebama is back pedling on his tricycle and Hillary looks like a fool even more so for her appeasment speech. Stevens is dead and this could have been prevented.
    FEN

GA has nothing to prove this... however:

When I first heard the news of killings at the Lybian embassy... and read the profile of the diplomat Stevens... my gut said someone wanted him dead for some reason. I suspect we will not know the why's for decades... however the more news I hear, the more my gut says I was/am right.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14