Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Romney's Taxes

Quote Originally Posted by humdinger84 View Post
    The other major problem is the trash that makes up a large portion of the voters in this country. That entitlement attitude that you see rear it's ugly head. I swear they must teach that crap in schools these days.
    Another major problem is people who think other people are trash for doing what they think is necessarily to survive. They do teach that stuff in schools, and have for the last 30-40 years, or more for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    I don't necessarily think it's a problem with a two party system but more the members that make up and run the system. They are more interested in power and what they can get out of it for themselves than in true service to the Country, State etc. Most smart people do not want to get into politics and put themselves and their family through the public humiliation of having to lie and compromise their integrity.
    The two party system removes competition from politics. It creates the same problems you see in free markets when government regulations create monopolies and Duopolies. There are reasons the democrats and republicans have been creating laws limiting ballot access at the state level for the last hundred years. Most people don't even know that Gary Johnson and other parties exist, so liberals are stuck with Obama, who is not really liberal, and conservatives are stuck with Romney, who is not conservative. Yes the two party system is the problem.

When you use an avatar like yours.....some people might think you are trying to show off your skills..... Id put the photo on the wall of shame and get it off my profile.

Just my opinion though....
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    The two party system removes competition from politics. It creates the same problems you see in free markets when government regulations create monopolies and Duopolies. There are reasons the democrats and republicans have been creating laws limiting ballot access at the state level for the last hundred years. Most people don't even know that Gary Johnson and other parties exist, so liberals are stuck with Obama, who is not really liberal, and conservatives are stuck with Romney, who is not conservative. Yes the two party system is the problem.
    Ever seen the U.K. House of Parliament at work? Talk about gridlock.

Read you own post......get to the root. They don't want other parties to be viable why? They want to maintain power for themselves, not just the party.

EDIT:
    And just so I'm not misunderstood....I wish there were some other viable parties out there that would knock out both the Dem. and Repub scoundrels. What is needed is to clear out the riff-raff and replace with people that are not out for selfish gains. Not sure that can be done short of a gigantic rock falling out of the sky and crushing the House and Senate along with the leaders of both parties.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    When you use an avatar like yours.....some people might think you are trying to show off your skills..... Id put the photo on the wall of shame and get it off my profile.

Just my opinion though....
    Might help if you clarify whom you speak of. Bit early to be nipping at the Whiskey bottle don't you think Corny?
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12