Thread: Question about new Trane variable speed

Post Likes

Question about new Trane variable speed

I just had two matching trane systems installed last week. (thanks for the answers to my previous questions)

I have the XV-80 furnace coupled with VR-15 compressors (and new trane coils).

Tonight I have noticed twice where the AC comes on low and then just after the blower kicks up to full speed it seems to cut off (may be going back to low - not sure yet).

Anyone seen this type of behavior? Is it something that should be looked at by a tech?

Post Likes
    You have an XR15 AC. The XV80 has what's called comfort-r mode and it runs the blower at 50% capacity for the first minute then 80% capacity for the next 7 minutes then 100% until the cooling temp is met and then back to 50% for 1 minute after the AC shuts down.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

Post Likes
    Sounds like it may be cycling of of the thermostat. You can call the contractor and ask him to come explain why it is doing that in detail.It could be something as simple as a setting in your thermostat. CPH. Could be a few other things too.If you have questions about new equipment, your contractor should gladly answer them.He did get paid right.

Post Likes
    heresjohnnyb

Please review the AOP Forum rules before posting.

Those rules can be found here.

Thanks,

AOPC

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in