Sent to the site email account. I don't think these people have an account. Thought I would post it. The link for this post was sent in a reply to them.

Hello,

Last October/November we had our entire heating and air conditioning system replaced.

The installer put a Taco 218 flow check/controller to isolate the domestic hot water from the heating core element within the blower.

The problem that seemed to develop as winter/spring turned into summer - was that the flow check didn't entirely hold ... and it allowed hot water into the coil within the blower system - while the thermostat senensed that it was hot (summer) driving the air condition harder and harder to cool the house using more electric and more oil than normal.
    It turns out that since the valve was passing hot water, the heating system and cooling system were fighting each other.

We couldn't really tell that there was a severe problem because the system was new and we didn't know what to expect from it. After a heat wave in July - we noticed that the air conditioning was working really hard to cool the house.

Not knowing any better, we attributed it to the heat wave in mid July.

I happened to look at the oil gauge after a few weeks and noticed that more than half the tank was empty and we just had it filled in the beginning of June.

I figured out that instead of burning 7 gallons of oil per week, we were burning almost 21 gallons.

This amounts to a couple hundred dollars in wasted oil (heating) and electricity (cooling).

I spoke to the installer, he insists that the unit comes to him pre-set and ready to install, and that his only responsibility is to replace the faulty flow valve. Is this true ? Shouldn't he make sure the system is working in everyway before he signs off ??

Please help. Is there anyone who can clear this up ? Can I enter the forum to put these questions out there ??

“L”

You have to admit the RH inside was probably very low.

you would have better luck talking to the manufacturer, but then their arguement could be that you should have had a summer startup done on your a/c be nice to the installer and maybe they will help... these types of things just simply break down sometimes

Originally posted by Lusker
    Originally posted by pecmsg
    “L”

You have to admit the RH inside was probably very low.
    pec... I only eat taco's

Need more iron in the blood? I see.

Did the installer forget to close the valve tightly?