+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does this class description sound basic?

Post Likes
    One leaky braze is all it takes to dump a whole bunch of freon. Trust me some are harder than others.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC-matt View Post
    I would take the class. I had been in the trade for 2 years before I took my first class and I learned something at every class that I took. Now I am enrolled in my 150 hr HVAC electrical code class, we are working out of the NEC code book and I am learning many things a night that I am there. I wish that I was younger when I got in the field because now that I am married with two children time is alot harder to come by but you only get out of life what you put in. So take the class even if you think it is basic because everything is a stepping stone. Good Luck
    Thanks man, how old are you? Yea I wish I started earlier sometimes too.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    What happens when DADDY gets sick of you.?
    I'm already sick of you and I'm just looking at your picture. Just kidding.
    LOL thanks alot.

Post Likes
    One leaky braze is all it takes to dump a whole bunch of freon. Trust me some are harder than others.
    True. But as long as your nitrogen holds you should be able to detect the leak prior to charging the system.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sto2299001 View Post
    True. But as long as your nitrogen holds you should be able to detect the leak prior to charging the system.
    that would be a wrong assumption.

I had a 75HP screw, take out a 90 on the discharge line after 2 days of run time, and after a standing pressure test, 2 1/8 long radius.

I failed to get the silfos deep into the slip of the joint..................bye bye 500lbs of r-507.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by indy2000 View Post

I had a 75HP screw, take out a 90 on the discharge line after 2 days of run time, and after a standing pressure test, 2 1/8 long radius.

I failed to get the silfos deep into the slip of the joint..................bye bye 500lbs of r-507.
    Well then are you using a vacuum gauge and holding to detect the leak? Beside carefully checking you solder joints how else are you checking prior to charging the system.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Well, that sounds better.

Even the most rudimentary class can teach you something.

Promise.
    The more classes you take, the more you learn that you don't know as much as you think you do. Take any class that you can.

There is a trick to this field and it's pretty simple. Mouth shut, ears open, cell phone in the truck and learn from other people's mistakes along with yours.

You'll know when supertek is being serious, there won't be 10 !!!! after the sentence!

Post Likes

Who paid for all that gas?

Post Likes

Why didn't you clean it up real good and use the 45% silver with flux?

Post Likes
    Well then are you using a vacuum gauge and holding to detect the leak? Beside carefully checking you solder joints how else are you checking prior to charging the system.
    system passed standing pressure,300psig, and evac test, 280microns

Post Likes
    Who paid for all that gas?
    My company, labor (9hrs) me.

Post Likes
    Why didn't you clean it up real good and use the 45% silver with flux?
    15sil is standard.

second repair, has held since then...........with the braze througout the slip it will not be a problem now.

Moral, I think of myself as a competent welder, but now and then we all get a slice of humble pie.

Post Likes
    Thanks man, how old are you? Yea I wish I started earlier sometimes too.
    I am 31 but went to college after I got out of high school. Not saying I regret anything but wish I had saved myself some money. But I guess everything happens for a reason. Thats where I met my wife.

Post Likes
    i started young!!!!!!!!!!!!

now my back, knees, elbows and hands hurt! my ears and eyes have taken a beating too!!!!!!!!!!!
    true knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Post Likes
    I plan on being in the classroom for years to come, in this field you can spend a lifetime learning..I just thought this class sounded a tad bit rudimentary.. I know 150 days is not much ,but I have covered the initial basics outside the classroom. I appreciate it.
    You might have the basics covered in the feild and to some thats all they need but for around my area you cant even take the test for a licsense without classroom theroy. It may be the same thing over and over again but thats part of the process. I have a hard time with classrooms and trying to learn from a book that some guys reads out of, im much better with hands on training but you need that classroom theroy to really help out in the field.

Post Likes
    I am eating some more humble pie today, I am full already.

Post Likes
    I am eating some more humble pie today, I am full already.
    lol

Post Likes
    lol

Post Likes
    Take the class! If youve got the time it definitely cant hurt you.

OldSchool- good choice in schools, what are you taking in october? If refrig, which level? I too am from t.o .. Whatever you do, dont go to centennial. . . Took my intermediate level there..... F'n horrible

Post Likes
    you have to step back and think you may have some exp. with said tools & techniques so you may be a leg up from 1 or 2 class mates though a good instructer will pick up on that and take you to the next step you will learn if you have the right attitude

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in