Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMech View Post
    So you can braze? Can you you re wire something from scratch of a wire diagram?
    I am young like you but have WAY more experience then you and credential then you and. I am going to George brown in October and taking a workshop at carrier tommorow. You never stop learning in this trade. Take as much training you can get it will make you a better tech
    I am actually working in the field, I was involved in two installations today and lunch on the boss, jealous much?

Quote Originally Posted by partime59 View Post
    pgcc is not a very good choice, catonsville or nova if u want to get your moneys worth and creditable skills that result in better pay, troubleshooting, also sign up for 602 apprentiship
    I have two buddies who went to PGCC and now work for AIRTEMP. It really comes down to what you put into it. My father happens to be a Master technician so I have him at my disposal 24 hours a day. Catonsville and Nova are too far, especially with rush-hour traffic. I already have an apprenticeship, but if I did't 602 steam fitters would be a good choice.

you want to be a 'tech' or mecahnic?

Rest assure you may think you know how to braze 'an all.......but I think you know better than make that statement.

ThE best thing is when U finaly know everything or believe u do u will realize that it's not what u know it's who u Know,,

or u better have a good thing
    watch episode 20 how i met your mother

I would take the class. I had been in the trade for 2 years before I took my first class and I learned something at every class that I took. Now I am enrolled in my 150 hr HVAC electrical code class, we are working out of the NEC code book and I am learning many things a night that I am there. I wish that I was younger when I got in the field because now that I am married with two children time is alot harder to come by but you only get out of life what you put in. So take the class even if you think it is basic because everything is a stepping stone. Good Luck

a picture is worth a thousand words!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    I am sorry in this sounds offensive , but it is not i assure you.

So let me get this straight!

Since you already have like 150 days experience as a helper, you feel as if you no longer need to waste your time in class anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by sto2299001 View Post
    I have two buddies who went to PGCC and now work for AIRTEMP. It really comes down to what you put into it. My father happens to be a Master technician so I have him at my disposal 24 hours a day. Catonsville and Nova are too far, especially with rush-hour traffic. I already have an apprenticeship, but if I did't 602 steam fitters would be a good choice.
    What happens when DADDY gets sick of you.?
    I'm already sick of you and I'm just looking at your picture. Just kidding.

One leaky braze is all it takes to dump a whole bunch of freon. Trust me some are harder than others.

Quote Originally Posted by HVAC-matt View Post
    I would take the class. I had been in the trade for 2 years before I took my first class and I learned something at every class that I took. Now I am enrolled in my 150 hr HVAC electrical code class, we are working out of the NEC code book and I am learning many things a night that I am there. I wish that I was younger when I got in the field because now that I am married with two children time is alot harder to come by but you only get out of life what you put in. So take the class even if you think it is basic because everything is a stepping stone. Good Luck
    Thanks man, how old are you? Yea I wish I started earlier sometimes too.

Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    What happens when DADDY gets sick of you.?
    I'm already sick of you and I'm just looking at your picture. Just kidding.
    LOL thanks alot.

Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    One leaky braze is all it takes to dump a whole bunch of freon. Trust me some are harder than others.
    True. But as long as your nitrogen holds you should be able to detect the leak prior to charging the system.

Quote Originally Posted by sto2299001 View Post
    True. But as long as your nitrogen holds you should be able to detect the leak prior to charging the system.
    that would be a wrong assumption.

I had a 75HP screw, take out a 90 on the discharge line after 2 days of run time, and after a standing pressure test, 2 1/8 long radius.

I failed to get the silfos deep into the slip of the joint..................bye bye 500lbs of r-507.

Quote Originally Posted by indy2000 View Post
    that would be a wrong assumption.

I had a 75HP screw, take out a 90 on the discharge line after 2 days of run time, and after a standing pressure test, 2 1/8 long radius.

I failed to get the silfos deep into the slip of the joint..................bye bye 500lbs of r-507.
    Well then are you using a vacuum gauge and holding to detect the leak? Beside carefully checking you solder joints how else are you checking prior to charging the system.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast