I am 26 yrs old. I have been working as a Maryland HVAC apprentice for 6 months with little prior training. I found a course which is offered next month, it is one of six courses offered to graduate from the community college. The courses are offered offsite at there skilled trades center. For each course completed you earn a college certificate and at the end of the 6 courses you can earn the diploma. Here is the course description copy and pasted. I also will attach a link. I plan on taking a CFC prep course in 2 weeks at another school, at the end of the two weeks you take the CFC exam.

Description:
This course is the first level of the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) curriculum for HVAC/R students. Students will be introduced to career opportunities in the HVAC/R field, tools of the trade and trade mathematics. Other topics include copper and plastic piping practices, soldering and brazing and ferrous metal piping practices. This course is equivalent to the Fast Track technical trade program offered in the public schools. Textbook required at first class.

http://www.pgcc.edu/Programs_and_Cou...eID=6442454779

My problem: Having been on the job since April/May, I already know how to braze and solder, I have been on 25 installations. I know how to use the tools, and it sounds basic ,but I want the certifications and diploma for the future.

Any thoughts?