York Affinity Fossil Fuel Add On

Hi;

I am currently a student in an HVAC program in Virginia. I am about 75% through a 2 year degree in HVAC. I want to install a fossil fuel add on to my heat pump. I am only curious about the equipment I will need.

I have a York Affinity 8t Heat Pump that was installed in my home in the summer of 2006. At that time, I removed the gas furnace and replaced it with the York heat pump. I bought all york matching equipment at the time to include the York Air Handler. Now I want to try to add the Gas fossil fuel add on. Could you please provide me with the York Equipment I would need? I dont want any cheap modifications. I am looking for the York equipment that I could have added at the time, so everything will work together.

Thanks for any help

Youll need a furnace and a coil to match the pump. Current Affinity pumps have "york guard 6" and dont require the use of a dual fuel kit or OD stat. Not sure if thats the case for your 2006 model. The best thing would be to ask your dealer for the correct matchup

Which air handler do you have. Single oiece or modular. Modular, you just need the furnace, the case coil can be re used with the furnace.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?