Oil type for Embraco compressor?

I have an Embraco r134a compressor, model EGU60HLC out of a household refrigerator, and the datasheet calls for ester iso10 oil. What is that, since I looked around and don't see any iso10 viscosity oil. From what I can tell, that's very thin and does not seem to be commonly available. Could it just use standard 32 weight POE oil? Is there any problems with trying to change over to PAG or AB oil, (esp since PAG oil costs much less and I can get it in smaller quantities as auto ac oil). This is for an undergrad mechanical engineering senior project, and I am epa liscenced, but not that experienced.

Thanks for any enlightenment.

PAG oil cannot be used in hermetic compressors as it will damage the motor windings.

I would just use whatever POE you can get your hands on.

Ok, thanks. I thought I read that somewhere before, just couldn't remember. There actually is ester oil available for automotive retrofits, but the viscosities are too high. I guess I'll just have to cough up the $30/qt for iso32 POE. :P At least I'll only need about 20 oz. HFC's are a PITA. I'd build an R-22 system any day over this, but the project cooling requirements turned up smaller than expected, meaning my R-22 rotaries would be overkill and part of the object of the chiller plant design is to have multiple stages to control.

have you seen the price of 22?

stick with the rl32 poe, PAG is not an oil, but a lubricant.