Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Results 105 to 117 of 165
  1. #105
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    SW MO.
    Posts
    5,218
    Quote Originally Posted by ironpit View Post
    He isn't the one with the need.
    Good answer. A lot nicer than mine.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

    We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

  2. #106
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    SW MO.
    Posts
    5,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    There is no factual basis for anything along spiritual matters. It is all a matter of opinion...and that is mine.
    Spiritual matter, matter of opinion, matter of fact
    Then why does anything matter?
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

    We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

  3. #107
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,945
    Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    If Jesus was born where he was then he was a Semite (Arab), so he most likely looked like this...

    Attachment 312041


    Roy
    Funny roy, you picked the dumbest & ugliest looking Arab you could find to depict Jesus. Typical of your "spins" lately. Surprised you didn't pick the devil to portray Jesus. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  4. #108
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    bedford ind
    Posts
    1,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    There is no factual basis for anything along spiritual matters. It is all a matter of opinion...and that is mine.

    This statement, as well as many others of yours do not qualify as intelligent, informed statements. There is an assumption that "spiritual matters" are non-existent, with no definition of what spiritual matters are.

    We cannot accept the vague but general assumption of definition of "spiritual matters "as being valid as we have no evidence of the existence of what we consider "Spiritual matters".

    If we do accept such loose definition of "spiritual matters" we have in effect, given meaning to something that we consider does not exist.

    Which is lunacy.

    The fact is, there are known knowns, known unknowns, and unknown knowns. And even the things we think we know, may be falsely known.

    Not knowing what we don't know, how do we know that WE aren't the ones constituting "Spiritual Matters", If such a thing as spiritual matters actually exist . Which according to some people don't, which in effect make US, null and void.

    In other words. We don't exist.

    Dude, taking your logic to the end, leads to nowhere, if it exists.

    Take a bow Tommy Roe!

  5. #109
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    bedford ind
    Posts
    1,092
    Brian, the first statement I made in post 108 was really meant for another person on here that I find as "willfully misleading". In fact as I think of it, most the post is probably more applicable to him than anyone else, if in principle, if nothing else. I don't find fault of motive with you, as I do with him. You seem to be at least honest in intent. T man is something else.

  6. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    8,234
    I dont know anyone who I believe is going to make it to heaven...... probably including me..... and thats based upon how I believe a christian should act.

    And its the simple things that are going to be blocking our way..... lack of compassion......hate......greed.....
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  7. #111
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    bedford ind
    Posts
    1,092
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    I dont know anyone who I believe is going to make it to heaven...... probably including me..... and thats based upon how I believe a christian should act.

    And its the simple things that are going to be blocking our way..... lack of compassion......hate......greed.....
    While we were yet in our sins, (means that as the world was going about in it's sinful pleasure and activities), yet He died FOR US. He stayed the course, He looked around and saw all the activities, every minute of every day, and completed the work given to Him, namely He died for us. To give us justification and eternal life.

    Before the foundations of the world, before He formed us in the womb. He knew us and determined to redeem us. As many as WILL can come and drink of the waters of LIFE.
    '
    If a man could enter Heaven by his work, he would spend eternity boasting of it. That would then not be anyone else's heaven.

    Therefore, it is by faith and not by works, lest any man should boast.

    If you gave gifts to your children out of no other reason but that You loved Them, would you want them to go around boasting about how they earned it?

    Guarantee you if they did, their boasting would be centered on themselves and they would not appreciate the the gift, let alone the meaning of it, as a GIFT, unearned, from someone who loved them.

    Heaven is free. But you have to believe it to receive it.

  8. #112
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    nampa idaho
    Posts
    66
    Jesus was a man, god in the flesh, with all the same temptations you and me have, sent here and proving to us that a man can live without sin

  9. #113
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,265
    Quote Originally Posted by hkempf View Post
    Jesus was a man, god in the flesh, with all the same temptations you and me have, sent here and proving to us that a man can live without sin
    I would be the first to admit that I am not an overly religious person.

    But this post is so simple and wise in some profound way that it is hard for even me to ignore.

  10. #114
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    bedford ind
    Posts
    1,092
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    I would be the first to admit that I am not an overly religious person.

    But this post is so simple and wise in some profound way that it is hard for even me to ignore.
    wisdom usually is simple. It is the best way to hide it from the arrogant and boastful.
    Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings, God has ordained wisdom.

    Feel free to hammer away, after all it is ARP(Arguing Real Points)

  11. #115
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,265
    Quote Originally Posted by ironpit View Post
    wisdom usually is simple. It is the best way to hide it from the arrogant and boastful.
    Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings, God has ordained wisdom.

    Feel free to hammer away, after all it is ARP(Arguing Real Points)
    Believe it or not I have experienced the grace of God

    Dispite my own stubborness and arrogance.

  12. #116
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    In Isaiah it mentions his beard. The bible also talks about him moving effortlessly and unseen the the croeds.

    Also Judas's kiss to identify him to the Praetorian Guards.

    Yes its between the lines but none the less is a reference that he looked like your average 30 year old Jew of that time


    And he would have most likely have had short hair.
    I hope you do realize that Isaiah was written before the man Jesus was born, so there is no way that anything in Isaiah could be refering to the physical attributes of Jesus.

    Judas's kiss to identify says nothing about Jesus's physical appearance, but actually supports that Jesus looked no different than other Jews of His time. Otherwise, Judas could have just told the Romans what Jesus looked like.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  13. #117
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,151
    I'm curious, how do you Christians reconcile your beliefs and delusions with faiths not based upon the judeo-Christian template, like Hinduism, or buddhism? Are the billion and a half people that follow these faiths apostates? idolaters? blasphemers? Even more delusional than Christians?
    You put all this blind faith in your bible, yet hours ago you say it's been plagiarized by man. Now I know for a fact that nothing even close to modern English existed 2000 years ago. I believe people in that area spoke Hebrew and Aramaic. Then the bible was translated to Greek, then Latin, then through other languages as Christianity spread, finally landing on olde English. Then there's the different versions. Things get lost in translation, lost in interpretation, lost in time.
    Yet you preach this book as truth, and when challenged on it's accuracy and facts you can only offer more lines from the same book.
    It's a self-reinforcing prophetic delusion on a scale never to be repeated!!

    My third issue with the points made so far is this whole free will thing.
    If the Jesus fish and god gave us freewill, then why all the temptation?
    If god have us freewill then do Christians seek to limit it?? Abortion or homosexuality for example.
    If you're a good Christian, then what others do isn't your problem, since you're going to heaven anyway!
    Why do you seek to meddle in the affairs of others??

    Live and let live!

    The whole religion is one giant pile of doublespeak and contradictions.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event