Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    I would vote for this to be a good depection of Jesus. Thank you very much

If Jesus was born where he was then he was a Semite (Arab), so he most likely looked like this...

Name:  jesusface.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  7.4 KB

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

For those who reject the teachings of Christ, understand that your free will to reject it is a gift from God. God will not Force anyone to believe. It has been my experience that most people who reject Christ and misquote Him, do so with a really limited knowledge of Scripture and/or following someone else who has perverted the scripture.

I know of preachers who have left the sound teachings of the Scripture for emotional reasons like "Well, I've got gay friends and I can't believe a god of love would send them to hell". If God rejects something and people cling to the thing God rejects, they are rejected too.

Who can show where God has sinned? What commands are evil? What are the grounds for rejecting a Book that is proven historically and prophetically accurate?

Almost universally people hate thieves, but they make plenty of room for adulterers, fornicators, queers, drunks, etc. Why do people despise thieves? Because they steal, sometimes kill and often destroy what belongs to someone else. Things that someone else has worked hard for or built/created.

Heaven and earth are His. He created them . He has offered everything freely, but by faith. And He has stated that no one is going to steal, kill, or destroy His heaven, though many will try.

Exactly which book are you unbelievers following. I'd really like to know. I would like to see the authority behind it.
    Authority, and the ABILITY to enforce it are both necessary.

I've heard many people say that they would deal with the after life when they get there.

Now that's a plan!

Everyone does what seems right in their own eyes. They have their own devised beliefs.

Islam is based on perverting judeo/christian teachings and insane murderous rantings of a madman that his caretakers early on considered to be demonically possessed.

This life is so short and eternity so long. Good luck with self reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    And you missed my question.

It is obvious we have freedom of choice and that God gave it to us. That is my point. Why did God give us freedom to sin that He now condemns us for? And what is the connection between being tortured to death on a cross and how that unravels God’s decision to let us sin?

It is perfectly natural for us to sin. How can God design us to sin and condemn us for sinning at the same time? God is painted as a very confused and misdirected Force…which I do not believe It is.
    It's all pretty clear to me.

Approaching those questions from a point of not seeking God but instead trying to disavow God will always lead you to the same conclusion.

Its really a waste of time. Rhetorical and pointless.

Are you trying to convice people that there is no Christian God or sincerely interested ?

Because I've answered in previous post why we are innate sinners and why his blood cleanses us of our sins as long as we accept his Grace.

Quote Originally Posted by ironpit View Post
    Who can show where God has sinned? What commands are evil? What are the grounds for rejecting a Book that is proven historically and prophetically accurate?
    Nothing about the bible has been historically or prophetically accurate......

You just got to have faith.... Same with all religions... without faith they are just collections of stories.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

And you missed my question.

It is obvious we have freedom of choice and that God gave it to us. That is my point. Why did God give us freedom to sin that He now condemns us for? And what is the connection between being tortured to death on a cross and how that unravels God’s decision to let us sin?

It is perfectly natural for us to sin. How can God design us to sin and condemn us for sinning at the same time? God is painted as a very confused and misdirected Force…which I do not believe It is.
    God gave us freedom to CHOOSE sin or not to sin. He knew we would, so from before we were created, He made a way for us to escape condemnation. There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ.

The whole point of free will is for God and His people to have people who had a choice to love Him and them or not. No healthy person wants to be around people who don't want them.

It's about opportunity. We were not created to sin. We were created ABLE to sin. Big difference.

WE get to choose. WE, do.

The Cross is God's anger and judgement on sin. Rather than on people who sin. It is not enough that the guilty pay, someone innocent had to. The Love of God was in the Cross.

There is principle involved that goes beyond our comprehension.

You are right, God is not confused or misdirected. We are, without Christ.

I marvel at all of the secular stories, like peter pan, that emphasize believing in something in order for it to be real to us. Not real, but real to us. Those are just make believe stories. The truth is far greater than the stories.

It IS perfectly natural for us to sin. That's the problem. But it is natural because of our choice.

The emphasis of the Gospel is freedom. And that comes freely for us thru the love of God in the Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Nothing about the bible has been historically or prophetically accurate......

You just got to have faith.... Same with all religions... without faith they are just collections of stories.
    Lying does not make truth. Very pathetic effort.

Two books. Evidence that demands a verdict and more evidence that demands a verdict, by josh mcdowel.A lazy mans way to facts of scripture.

You should enjoy them.

For those who reject the teachings of Christ, understand that your free will to reject it is a gift from God. God will not Force anyone to believe. It has been my experience that most people who reject Christ and misquote Him, do so with a really limited knowledge of Scripture and/or following someone else who has perverted the scripture.

I know of preachers who have left the sound teachings of the Scripture for emotional reasons like "Well, I've got gay friends and I can't believe a god of love would send them to hell". If God rejects something and people cling to the thing God rejects, they are rejected too.

Almost universally people hate thieves, but they make plenty of room for adulterers, fornicators, queers, drunks, etc. Why do people despise thieves? Because they steal, sometimes kill and often destroy what belongs to someone else. Things that someone else has worked hard for or built/created.

Heaven and earth are His. He created them . He has offered everything freely, but by faith. And He has stated that no one is going to steal, kill, or destroy His heaven, though many will try.

Exactly which book are you unbelievers following. I'd really like to know. I would like to see the authority behind it.
    Authority, and the ABILITY to enforce it are both necessary.

I've heard many people say that they would deal with the after life when they get there.

Now that's a plan!

Everyone does what seems right in their own eyes. They have their own devised beliefs.

Islam is based on perverting judeo/christian teachings and insane murderous rantings of a madman that his caretakers early on considered to be demonically possessed.

This life is so short and eternity so long. Good luck with self reasoning.
    Why would a God thats all powerfull and all seeing, need you to tell us about him ???

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    Why would a God that’s all powerful and all seeing, need you to tell us about him ???

Roy
    God mainly speaks to us through the Holy Spirit (our hearts). Those messages are of how to treat our fellow man, not how to interpret a Book that was written and plagiarized by man. What we happen to believe about who Jesus or Mohammad was in relation to God is not the point. It is how we live our lives while we are here. Therefore good people of all religions will be welcome to heaven.

The Bible, Koran and other holy Books are here to divide us. But God is the Father/Creator of all people regardless of faiths…and it is all perfect for the evolution of the soul. It is religions that offer shortcuts to heaven, but there are none IMO. Giving us free will was not a mistake and does not require forgiveness for our natural tendencies.

OMG!

You're a monkey and Jesus got laid!

Run for the hills!
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

God mainly speaks to us through the Holy Spirit (our hearts). Those messages are of how to treat our fellow man, not how to interpret a Book that was written and plagiarized by man. What we happen to believe about who Jesus or Mohammad was in relation to God is not the point. It is how we live our lives while we are here. Therefore good people of all religions will be welcome to heaven.

The Bible, Koran and other holy Books are here to divide us. But God is the Father/Creator of all people regardless of faiths…and it is all perfect for the evolution of the soul. It is religions that offer shortcuts to heaven, but there are none IMO. Giving us free will was not a mistake and does not require forgiveness for our natural tendencies.
    I'm assuming you have some factual basis for all that.

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    Why would a God thats all powerfull and all seeing, need you to tell us about him ???

Roy
    He isn't the one with the need.

I'm assuming you have some factual basis for all that.

There is no factual basis for anything along spiritual matters. It is all a matter of opinion...and that is mine.

There is no factual basis for anything along spiritual matters. It is all a matter of opinion...and that is mine.
    California Dreamin' ? But good luck with it. It's YOUR choice.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast