Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    You demanded backup. Upon presentation you ridicule it without explanation or reason. I am not sure why I bothered to comply.
    You need to get your link from an official Saudi web site there to argue against a supporter of Islam there Tool. Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Strongly disagree there roy. The countries that did most of the killing had non Christian governments Nazi Germany and atheist Soviet Union.

Christian faiths & churches had no part. Why do you spin the truth here? Thank you very much p
    Where do you see the words "Faith" and "Churches" in my post. Before, during, and post WWII Germany, the population considerd themselfs either Katholisch or Evangelisch wich are Christians, the old Soviet Union was mainly Catholic whatever denomination called.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

You need to get your link from an official Saudi web site there to argue against a supporter of Islam there Tool. Thank you very much
    I thought you and I had come to some sort of truce.

But since obviously that is not the case then so be it.

Just because I make a reference to your cherished religion about their past travasties does not mean I support Islam.

And drawing such a conclusion is just another way for you to try to put words into my mouth that are not there.

Try using your brain for a change.

See a smiley face that means this sentence is obviously satire.

Glenn..... chill out
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by Special Ed View Post
    Nice story, printer, and it would be a perfect analogy, except for one thing: the Mexicans have never been nor will they ever be a perpetually persecuted race by almost every other race.

Every people needs a homeland, especially if they're hated as much as they are and even more especially if it seems as if the psychotic Arabs/Muslims want to wipe you out even more so than those fickle Europeans!
    They were offered Uganda and did not take it. Heck, they can walk away right now and we will give them the Atlantic Provinces. More land and resources than they have now. If they are so worried about the Arabs, we will give them a piece of Canada. Not good enough, they want the land they walked on 2000 years ago. Every people has been persecuted by someone else, time to get over it. Also they were not a people but rather followers of a religion. The Arabs are the same people as the Jews, just different religion and the Jews pushed them out of the land they occupied.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

The subject of whether or not the man Jesus (assumption that we are referring to Jesus Christ because Jesus was a common name at the time that Jesus Christ walked the Earth as a mortal) ever had sex or was married has come up often. Usually, the conversation is based on Coptic writings, which are always somewhat suspect because of the Egyptian Christian melding of female deities into the Christian faith. Also, even this latest alleged reference is still a century and a half after the fact of the man Jesus having lived as a mortal.

That said, from an etimologically historical viewpoint, taking into consideration the social aspects of the Middle East and in particular, Jews of the time that the man Jesus lived, it would actually be odd if Jesus had not married.

Unlike today, with it being so inexpensive for writing materials, writing 2000 years ago was limited to what mattered most. Only if there were something out of the ordinary about a person being written about would a subject even be noted. Paul of Tarsus is an example of a man whose celebacy was pointed out because celebacy in a male Jew at Paul's age was something that would be noticed and commented on. With Jesus having been thought of as a rabbi, it would have been even more odd for Him not to have been married. An unmarried thirty-something rabbi would have raised a lot of eyebrows and would have been commented on.

Just as we have no written description of what Jesus looked like, we have nothing in writing as to Jesus's marital status. Paul on the other hand is described physically and his celebacy is written about. Why Paul and not Jesus? Because Paul's physical appearance was noteworthy and his celebacy needed explaination. In turn, the reason that Jesus is not physically described can be reasonably assumed because Jesus looked like every other typical Jewish man in His time. Likewise, with nothing being mentioned about Jesus being married or not, it is more likely that Jesus was either married or had been married. It is possible that Jesus had a wife who passed away before He started His ministry. Either way, it is actually more unlikely that Jesus was never married simply because there would have been some mention of such an unusual lifestyle by Jesus.

Since Jesus was fully a man, any offspring of Jesus's would simply be normal humans. It was that Jesus was also the incarnate of God the Father that made the man Jesus so spiritually unique.

As for Jesus dying for the sins of all mankind, He did just that. For those who do not wish to accept the gift of salvation from Jesus's sacrifice of dying for our sins, that is their choice. Just because we don't accept something someone does for us does not diminish the fact that they still committed the act for us. If I open the door for you and you refuse to walk through it, I have still opened the door.....for you.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Why Paul and not Jesus?
    Good point.

In turn, the reason that Jesus is not physically described can be reasonably assumed because Jesus looked like every other typical Jewish man in His time.
    That sounds kind of racist don't you think?
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    Where do you see the words "Faith" and "Churches" in my post. Before, during, and post WWII Germany, the population considerd themselfs either Katholisch or Evangelisch wich are Christians, the old Soviet Union was mainly Catholic whatever denomination called.

Roy
    Really Roy Christians didn't start the war or wanted to join the war but their non Christian governments did. Christianity had little or no influence in the governments of Germany and the Soviet Union. You did say:
    Now guess who were the ones that did most of the killing....Christians or Muslims ????

Christians have killed more Christians then any other religion.
    This definitly implies that "Christians" are responsible for the killings when in fact it was their non Christian governments which were responsible. I hope you understand the difference here? Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    I thought you and I had come to some sort of truce.

But since obviously that is not the case then so be it.

Just because I make a reference to your cherished religion about their past travasties does not mean I support Islam.

And drawing such a conclusion is just another way for you to try to put words into my mouth that are not there.

Try using your brain for a change.

See a smiley face that means this sentence is obviously satire.
    OK mcjo perhaps that was a streach saying you were a supporter of Islam but I would say that you have definitly defended Islam which is not much better IMO.

Perhaps you can show where Tool's link is wrong in any way other than posting a Muslim web site link? Otherwise you have no bases to challenge Tool's post. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

OK mcjo perhaps that was a streach saying you were a supporter of Islam but I would say that you have definitly defended Islam which is not much better IMO.

Perhaps you can show where Tool's link is wrong in any way other than posting a Muslim web site link? Otherwise you have no bases to challenge Tool's post. Thank you, thank you very much
    First of all I did not defend Islam. What I defended is the peaceful people who are muslims and the point that we should make such a distinction to be fair to those people.

Not a hard concept to understand really.

As far as Tools post and link: I did not ask Tool to respond as he did not make the original statement that Muslims have killed more people then any other religion.

I asked Special Ed what he used to draw his conclusion in regard to his statement.

IMO a radically slanted website is not a good source to validate ones point because of its obvious bias. Thats all.

Here again another concept that should not be too dificult to understand unless you somehow want to change my comments to appear as though I have stated something I did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    That is quite a price to pay for being skeptical - a trait that God gave some of us. But whatever makes you feel one up on your neighbor.
    Skeptical isn't the problem. Rebellion is. People who refuse to believe and obey the truth.
    Damnation is for those who are too rebellious to accept the truth. The Scripture encourages us to "reason together" with God.In Psalm and Proverbs, as well as the book of Job, God challenges those with any sense of reasoning, to consider Him.

Have you ever read these books and considered them?

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    As for Jesus dying for the sins of all mankind, He did just that. For those who do not wish to accept the gift of salvation from Jesus’ sacrifice of dying for our sins, that is their choice.
    By saying “He died for our sins” doesn’t explain it or make it so, regardless of how many people repeat it.

If God made man with his “sinful” nature, spiritual ignorance and tendency to believe and follow corrupt men then why is He blaming us for the way He made us? If he wanted us to be without “sin” He could have made us that way with a snap of His finger.

A soldier’s sacrifice of dying for our freedom, as seldom as that is, is far more comprehendible than Jesus dying for our sins. Maybe you can be the one that explains why the physical torment of crucifixion that Jesus chose eradicates the responsibility of the sinful nature of man? What does one have to do with the other?

Really Roy Christians didn't start the war or wanted to join the war but their non Christian governments did. Christianity had little or no influence in the governments of Germany and the Soviet Union. You did say:

This definitly implies that "Christians" are responsible for the killings when in fact it was their non Christian governments which were responsible. I hope you understand the difference here? Thank you, thank you very much
    Goverments dont kill anyone.....

People do.

"I just followed orders", doesnt work either.

But it seems even in our goverment they seem to think that following orders is a good exuse for torturing people.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast