Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    No, I'm pretty sure he didn't die for me.
    I really wish Christians would stop spreading the good word, or whatever they call it.
    Going to a customer's house to fix a furnace and ending up hearing fairy tales about a guy in a religion that spawned off of mine (I was raised Jewish) is not my idea of a good time.
    I know this will get a lot of people's hair up, but let me ask you this.
    If everyone says their religion is the right way and sh!ts on everyone else's, how can a skeptical person believe any of it? Furthermore, can any of you provide one piece of PROOF that any of the bible occured? No heresay allowed....

PS I'm neither a liberal, nor an atheist.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Muslims murder christians daily. And others. He11, they just killed 20 of their own over a stupid u-tube post. Defend them??? LOL!
    What im saying tool is that the quaran does not instruct its followers to go out and kill everyday. That passage in the quaran was similar to ones in the bible where GOD tells the Israelites to go into an area and kill everyone......because GOD wants Israel to have that land.

These muslims today are not out there handing us our ass because the quaran.....they are doing it because they want us out of their land.

Backwards ass people.......stuck in their own old testament times for sure...... but to say that the qran orders them to go out and kill every non muslim is false.....and I am fairly amazed...and saddened that so many americans are ignorant enough and lazy enough to take the hook line and sinker on these internet fables.

They are stuck 600 years in the past...... up until 100 years ago we civilized christians had no problem wiping out whole families who lived on the land that they wanted...... christians were burning witches in america at one time...... they got that from the bible too by the way..... they misinterpreted it.....but still.... witches were burned for centuries before we finally wised up and realized that all this spiritual mumbo jumbo was just that.......spiritual mumbo jumbo.

Tool...if all muslims felt the way that people on the internet say they feel...... there would be a lot less of us here to post and argue on HVAC Talk....... cause those crazy bastards would have lopped our heads off years ago.

Judging by the lack of response to my question....Im going to ASSume...... that some folks actually went online and looked at an actual quaran and read the verse about slaying the infidels......in its proper context and not just a snippet off of some jackasses blog.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    What im saying tool is that the quaran does not instruct its followers to go out and kill everyday. That passage in the quaran was similar to ones in the bible where GOD tells the Israelites to go into an area and kill everyone......because GOD wants Israel to have that land.

These muslims today are not out there handing us our ass because the quaran.....they are doing it because they want us out of their land.

Backwards ass people.......stuck in their own old testament times for sure...... but to say that the qran orders them to go out and kill every non muslim is false.....and I am fairly amazed...and saddened that so many americans are ignorant enough and lazy enough to take the hook line and sinker on these internet fables.

They are stuck 600 years in the past...... up until 100 years ago we civilized christians had no problem wiping out whole families who lived on the land that they wanted...... christians were burning witches in america at one time...... they got that from the bible too by the way..... they misinterpreted it.....but still.... witches were burned for centuries before we finally wised up and realized that all this spiritual mumbo jumbo was just that.......spiritual mumbo jumbo.

Tool...if all muslims felt the way that people on the internet say they feel...... there would be a lot less of us here to post and argue on HVAC Talk....... cause those crazy bastards would have lopped our heads off years ago.

Judging by the lack of response to my question....Im going to ASSume...... that some folks actually went online and looked at an actual quaran and read the verse about slaying the infidels......in its proper context and not just a snippet off of some jackasses blog.
    Is that what they teach at your local Mosque corny. You are way out here as usual. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    No, I'm pretty sure he didn't die for me.
    I really wish Christians would stop spreading the good word, or whatever they call it.
    Going to a customer's house to fix a furnace and ending up hearing fairy tales about a guy in a religion that spawned off of mine (I was raised Jewish) is not my idea of a good time.
    I know this will get a lot of people's hair up, but let me ask you this.
    If everyone says their religion is the right way and sh!ts on everyone else's, how can a skeptical person believe any of it? Furthermore, can any of you provide one piece of PROOF that any of the bible occured? No heresay allowed....

PS I'm neither a liberal, nor an atheist.
    Just because you reject Christ doesn't prove he didn't die for us.
    There is tons of proof people and events occurred as written in the Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post

Well Corny, I do not think we are in any direct actual disagreement. Sure, there are many moderate muslims. And any popular holy text can be taken to an extreme [muslim-protestant-catholic-mormon] by the adherents. But muslims are the problem. Islam crosses many different cultures and has many diverse sects / splinter groups.

So I am logically concluding that islam itself is the problem. Now, whether that is because the koran is instructing evil or it is being mis-interpereted my opinion is indeed flexible.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

I think their intolerance is from a lack of pork fat in their diet. Nothing like a big fat stuffed pork chop to put a smile on your face.

That sounds so yummy I am going to vamoose down to the store and get me some. Play nice till I get back.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Well Corny, I do not think we are in any direct actual disagreement. Sure, there are many moderate muslims. And any popular holy text can be taken to an extreme [muslim-protestant-catholic-mormon] by the adherents. But muslims are the problem. Islam crosses many different cultures and has many diverse sects / splinter groups.

So I am logically concluding that islam itself is the problem. Now, whether that is because the koran is instructing evil or it is being mis-interpereted my opinion is indeed flexible.
    The koran dont instruct evil and I dont believe it is being misinterpreted...... those crazy mofros would still be doing the killing if they didnt have any religion at all. Its a power thing.....

The pork thing....lol
    Thats part of the problem with these guys...... they are still stuck with rules and laws from a book that was written a couple thousand years ago.

The difference between us and them is that we came out of that old testament BS....yes....I said old testament BS.....and those cretins never got around to writing a new testament to invalidate all those old laws and customs.

We have Jesus as our savior......they are still stuck with mohammed.

Yes, yes...... the jews and the old testy....... but one thing about the jews......they were dragged into the modern world by being thrown out of the middle east and into europe where they were brought into modern times with the rest of the world.

While I am sure there are jews in the mid east that can trace their bloodlines back to Israel......the majority of modern jews in Israel and the jews in power in the government...... are of european descent...... just like us.

They had a few centuries of attitude adjustment by the greeks, the moors....the europeans...... they still practice some of the old food laws and such.....but they have been thoroughly modernized by the europeans.

And of course the jews dont have to go around the world killing......they got what they want and they have the whole western world standing behind them with their military might to insure they keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    Just because you reject Christ doesn't prove he didn't die for us.
    There is tons of proof people and events occurred as written in the Bible.
    Well we know he died.

The "for us" part is only an opinion.

Can't be proven either way.

Thats why it is a belief.

As far as the Mussys killing people and Christians not killing then obviously some here must have never heard about the Crusades.

Interesting post, corny, you almost sound like a NeoNazi w/it....

Fact is, the Palestinians and Muslims have all of North Africa and the Middle East they can call home but interestingly enough they ONLY want that little sliver of land they call Palestine and the Jews call Israel. See, the Jews have no other land to call their own unlike you and me and the Muslims.

And, further, unbeknownst to the so-called Palestinians they're being used by the rest of the Muslim world as shock troops to wrest the Jews from the land promised to them by not only God but also the UN and England.

So, yes, I think it is proper for the West and, for that matter, the rest of the world to back the Jews on his matter, and to forcibly make the Muslims accept this situation no matter how many sissy suicide bombers they send our way. Who cares if they continue to throw a collective tantrum because they're not getting their way? I don't, and I could also care less if they end up being wiped out in the process.
    WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Well we know he died.

The "for us" part is only an opinion.

Can't be proven either way.

Thats why it is a belief.

As far as the Mussys killing people and Christians not killing then obviously some here must have never heard about the Crusades.
    The Crusades? It's laughable that you even bring that subject up....

First of all, they took place centuries ago so if that's the best justification for Islamo-terrorism you can come up with hen this debate is over and you lost

Secondly, when you think of terrorism, what's the first word that comes to mind? Christianity? Doubtful, and you'd be lying if you said so. Environmentalists? Maybe, but also unlikely. How about Islam or Muslims? Now that would be a much, much more likely response, and more honest to boot.

Sure, every religious sect out there has probably committed crimes against humanity. But no other religious sect has gone as far as Islam when it comes to killing people - heck, Muslims probably even invented terrorism as a form of coercion.
    WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by Special Ed View Post

Fact is, the Palestinians and Muslims have all of North Africa and the Middle East they can call home but interestingly enough they ONLY want that little sliver of land they call Palestine and the Jews call Israel. See, the Jews have no other land to call their own unlike you and me and the Muslims.

And, further, unbeknownst to the so-called Palestinians they're being used by the rest of the Muslim world as shock troops to wrest the Jews from the land promised to them by not only God but also the UN and England.

So, yes, I think it is proper for the West and, for that matter, the rest of the world to back the Jews on his matter, and to forcibly make the Muslims accept this situation no matter how many sissy suicide bombers they send our way. Who cares if they continue to throw a collective tantrum because they're not getting their way? I don't, and I could also care less if they end up being wiped out in the process.
    Nothing I said seems neo-nazi ish..... I simply stated the facts. The jews still use the old testament and still follow some of those BS food laws and such.....but after the romans sent them packing from Israel and pretty much the mid east.....they were assimilated into european cultures which took some of the old testament out of them.

Of course you still have jews out there who could kill the child of a non jew and feel no different than they were swatting a fly.... but they cant act on those feelings as it would disturb those who protect israel and might damage their relationship with their protectors.

As far as the state of israel....and any other nation on this planet........ this is what I believe.......

If you can take the land it is yours forever how long you can hold it...... I dont care who you are..... because thats what man has been doing since the beginning of time.....

But... if islam can take and hold onto land in that area.......I have no problem with that either..... cause thats just the way this big blue marble works.

Quote Originally Posted by Special Ed View Post

Maybe a mater of perspective.

The British talk to the French and decide to help out all those poor Mexicans that want to go to Texas to live. They say it is only fair as Mexicans owned the place originally. So all the Mexicans in Texas start bringing their extended families to live in Texas. Well it starts to pee off the locals and some of them start harassing the Mexicans. Eventually a couple of Mexicans get killed and the Mexicans decide to arm themselves for protection (Should be a natural thought down in Texas don't you think). Well the locals that don't know how to share are pretty good at arming themselves. Eventually things boil over and the USA Texans and the Mexican Texans have a little war among themselves where the Mexicans win out (there are a lot of them and you know what they are like, loco and all) and the Texans are pushed into a small county or two.

The rest of the Americans are so ashamed that the Mexicans beat the pants off their fellow Americans that they disown them and they are stuck in these flee bitten camps waiting for someone to come to their aid. Eventually the UN said the displaced American Texans can have their own State but the Mexicans do not want to settle with them as some of the American Texans say they will never surrender Texas even if it takes a thousand years to get it back (imagine that these Texans have a long history in the land not going back a few hundred years but thousand). After a while the Mexican Texans figure this not settling with the American Texans is a good thing as every year they push the American Texans off of more land and start building more towns and fill them up with their wacky cousins from Guadalajara.

And still the American Texans complain. The ungracious motherless sons.

Not like I started this as a Christian/West vs Muslim debate, thought there was enough threads on that topic already. It really disappointing me, I would not have bothered if I thought this would just devolve into another one.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast