Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shaygetz View Post
    You're welcome printer...I wish more folks could just stop and truly think about what they believe. That Jesus was the sinless, holy Son of God who came to walk among us as one of us has some serious points to ponder. Which is easier to believe...He walked on water or walked on by the local hottie in high school without a sinful thought overtaking him? Remember, the Scriptures say that He was tempted in every way as we are yet was without sin...so He had to do both, or He was no better than the rest of us, making His death on the cross utterly pointless.

Alas, sigh, groan...these are the discussions I miss from Bible college... :-)
    And that is what I think, if he was this wise old creature but only in a human body that is waiting to become full grown then what was the point? It makes more sense to me for him to go through the same things we do.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by shaygetz View Post
    You're welcome printer...I wish more folks could just stop and truly think about what they believe. That Jesus was the sinless, holy Son of God who came to walk among us as one of us has some serious points to ponder. Which is easier to believe...He walked on water or walked on by the local hottie in high school without a sinful thought overtaking him? Remember, the Scriptures say that He was tempted in every way as we are yet was without sin...so He had to do both, or He was no better than the rest of us, making His death on the cross utterly pointless.

Alas, sigh, groan...these are the discussions I miss from Bible college... :-)
    I have been trying to understand or embrace traditional Christianity for decades now but get hung up on some of the simplest concepts. One is that He died for our sins. I just don’t get it. The other is that we should love and follow Him more than his message of unconditional love and that recognizing Him, not his message, will get you into heaven. I think Christians have it backwards. Jesus does not come from a standpoint of ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post

I have been trying to understand or embrace traditional Christianity for decades now but get hung up on some of the simplest concepts. One is that He died for our sins. I just don’t get it. The other is that we should love and follow Him more than his message of unconditional love and that recognizing Him, not his message, will get you into heaven. I think Christians have it backwards. Jesus does not come from a standpoint of ego.
    That's my problem he died almost 2000 years before I was even born to commit a sin

Always had that thought too. I hang around some SDA folks who (never mind their modern prophet E.G. White) seem to imply that unless you implicitly accept Jesus as your savior, then you are doomed to eternal death. Which is all fine and dandy if that is what you choose to believe. But what about the rest of us who prefer to be presented with facts and not just accept the utterings of some men who lived thousands of years ago as fact? Are we doomed to eternal death as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    Another liberal decides to attack and malign the name of Jesus with a scrap of papyrus that dates back to the 4rth century and hasn't even been accepted by historians as legitimate.

So what else is new.

I mean we all know the damage that the Christians are doing around the world destroying embassies, throwing rocks at riot police and killing ambassadors.
    I am becoming really sick of these christians flying planes into buildings and detonating bombs in public places. Muslim miscreants. I think we need to basically quarantine them. They are sick. You cannot kill them, that would be mean, but we can cut then off. Koreans too. Just blockade all of the miscreants. Balls anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T7sU3A2m18

Cut them off.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Understand in Christianity there is the law and then there is Grace. Jesus was God in human form and his sacrifice was the only sufficient act worthy enough to cleanse the stain of sin from the human race.

If you recognize Jesus you recognize his message. Also to be Christian especially born again you have at one point thrown your ego aside completely and admitted your'e a sinner. Christians are actually very humble people. Humility is part of the initiation.

I wonder how many people who haven't accepted Jesus into their heart have sat down and done a full inventory of their mistakes in this life and then actually felt remorse and asked for forgiveness ?

There is example after example of how depraved, cruel, violent and filthy this world is. It's our decision as Christians to not live in the world ( so to speak ) but to follow Christ.

People have to realize that being or becoming a Christian doesn't make you less human or mean that you will never sin again. God's grace is free, all you have to do is ask for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    I am becoming really sick of these christians flying planes into buildings and detonating bombs in public places. Muslim miscreants. I think we need to basically quarantine them. They are sick. You cannot kill them, that would be mean, but we can cut then off. Koreans too. Just blockade all of the miscreants. Balls anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T7sU3A2m18

Cut them off.
    Right !!??? And you know where it says in the New Testament that you have to cut the head off of a Muslim if he doesn't accept the Christian faith ?

And you have to treat your women like sub-humans and make them walk ten paces behind you, don't allow them to drive a vehicle, cover every millimeter of their body because you can't control yourself's and beat them with sticks publicly if they " get out of line "??

I was thinking more along the line of huge Christian Concentration and re-education camps. The one's that won't toe the line well.....I hear there is this really big hole in Nevada...

I think basically, you need to admit you are a sinner, have sinned, accept it and Jesus, then you have all your sins forgiven. Jesus died to allow that to happen. Jesus gave his life for that in a tragic way. You start there. Then he said some other stuff that you can work-out as you go along.

Right !!??? And you know where it says in the New Testament that you have to cut the head off of a Muslim if he doesn't accept the Christian faith ?

And you have to treat your women like sub-humans and make them walk ten paces behind you, don't allow them to drive a vehicle, cover every millimeter of their body because you can't control yourself's and beat them with sticks publicly if they " get out of line "??

I was thinking more along the line of huge Christian Concentration and re-education camps. The one's that won't toe the line well.....I hear there is this really big hole in Nevada...
    Muslims would gleefully dump us all in a hole and bury us. I am not sure what they would do afterwards, maybe go milk some goats. I am thinking isolation perhaps. Quarantine. Diseased animals.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Please post where the quaran says to cut someones head off for not becoming muslim.....

The Q ran is a lot like the old testament.....lot of wars and violence going on in the stories......

What people have done with the Q ran is snipped out little pieces of scripture and posted them all over the net.....out of context to try and force western dullards...who wont pick up the book themselves and try and understand the statements in context.... to hate and fear Islam.
    May Allah Guide Us Towards The Right Path and move us towards a better understanding of Allah and Allahs Creation.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Please post where the quaran says to cut someones head off for not becoming muslim.....

The Q ran is a lot like the old testament.....lot of wars and violence going on in the stories......

What people have done with the Q ran is snipped out little pieces of scripture and posted them all over the net.....out of context to try and force western dullards...who wont pick up the book themselves and try and understand the statements in context.... to hate and fear Islam.
    Muslims murder christians daily. And others. He11, they just killed 20 of their own over a stupid u-tube post. Defend them??? LOL!

Another liberal decides to attack and malign the name of Jesus with a scrap of papyrus that dates back to the 4rth century and hasn't even been accepted by historians as legitimate.

So what else is new.

I mean we all know the damage that the Christians are doing around the world destroying embassies, throwing rocks at riot police and killing ambassadors.
    Still haven't apologized. Well it is not Monday yet. Mind you, that might even be humiliating.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by PM Heat n Cool View Post
    That's my problem he died almost 2000 years before I was even born to commit a sin
    And yet he still died for you.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast