Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
    Aaron had a beard, saul was a head taller than most men, King David was described as being ruddy, which is considered to be red haired, esau was very hairy. Paul was short, there was a guy in the old testament that was so fat his stomach closed over the knife he was stabbed with. The old testament has a lot of description, including the number of fingers on hands.

Sorry. No voter I.D. cards.

Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    I'm curious, how do you Christians reconcile your beliefs and delusions with faiths not based upon the judeo-Christian template, like Hinduism, or buddhism? Are the billion and a half people that follow these faiths apostates? idolaters? blasphemers? Even more delusional than Christians?
    You put all this blind faith in your bible, yet hours ago you say it's been plagiarized by man. Now I know for a fact that nothing even close to modern English existed 2000 years ago. I believe people in that area spoke Hebrew and Aramaic. Then the bible was translated to Greek, then Latin, then through other languages as Christianity spread, finally landing on olde English. Then there's the different versions. Things get lost in translation, lost in interpretation, lost in time.
    Yet you preach this book as truth, and when challenged on it's accuracy and facts you can only offer more lines from the same book.
    It's a self-reinforcing prophetic delusion on a scale never to be repeated!!

My third issue with the points made so far is this whole free will thing.
    If the Jesus fish and god gave us freewill, then why all the temptation?
    If god have us freewill then do Christians seek to limit it?? Abortion or homosexuality for example.
    If you're a good Christian, then what others do isn't your problem, since you're going to heaven anyway!
    Why do you seek to meddle in the affairs of others??

Live and let live!

The whole religion is one giant pile of doublespeak and contradictions.

That's it! Let it out!
    Now, go home and think about what you have said and come back and tell us tomorrow. Next time, try to at least sound not so grumpy!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    And you missed my question.

It is obvious we have freedom of choice and that God gave it to us. That is my point. Why did God give us freedom to sin that He now condemns us for? And what is the connection between being tortured to death on a cross and how that unravels God’s decision to let us sin?

It is perfectly natural for us to sin. How can God design us to sin and condemn us for sinning at the same time? God is painted as a very confused and misdirected Force…which I do not believe It is.
    God does not condemn us. We either abide by (obey) laws of nature (God's will) and accept that God is the Creator of the Universe, became incarnate in Jesus Christ and sacrificed His life for us......or not (either with God or not with God) our choice.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Believe it or not I have experienced the grace of God

Dispite my own stubborness and arrogance.
    I believe you. Bet I sin better than you!

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    Good answer. A lot nicer than mine.
    Your answers are fine, and you have a much nicer avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by ironpit View Post
    Your answers are fine, and you have a much nicer avatar.
    I showed you mine, now you show me yours.

I'm just watching. I have plenty to say but you're doing a bang up job.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Funny roy, you picked the dumbest & ugliest looking Arab you could find to depict Jesus. Typical of your "spins" lately. Surprised you didn't pick the devil to portray Jesus. Thank you very much
    http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jcfa.htm
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

I'm curious, how do you Christians reconcile your beliefs and delusions with faiths not based upon the judeo-Christian template, like Hinduism, or buddhism? Are the billion and a half people that follow these faiths apostates? idolaters? blasphemers? Even more delusional than Christians?
    You put all this blind faith in your bible, yet hours ago you say it's been plagiarized by man. Now I know for a fact that nothing even close to modern English existed 2000 years ago. I believe people in that area spoke Hebrew and Aramaic. Then the bible was translated to Greek, then Latin, then through other languages as Christianity spread, finally landing on olde English. Then there's the different versions. Things get lost in translation, lost in interpretation, lost in time.
    Yet you preach this book as truth, and when challenged on it's accuracy and facts you can only offer more lines from the same book.
    It's a self-reinforcing prophetic delusion on a scale never to be repeated!!

My third issue with the points made so far is this whole free will thing.
    If the Jesus fish and god gave us freewill, then why all the temptation?
    If god have us freewill then do Christians seek to limit it?? Abortion or homosexuality for example.
    If you're a good Christian, then what others do isn't your problem, since you're going to heaven anyway!
    Why do you seek to meddle in the affairs of others??

Live and let live!

The whole religion is one giant pile of doublespeak and contradictions.
    Have you ever watched "Dr. Who" ??? or "Star Trek".

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    Have you ever watched "Dr. Who" ??? or "Star Trek".

Roy
    Dr. Who? No.
    Star trek? Yes.

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    I showed you mine, now you show me yours.

I'm just watching. I have plenty to say but you're doing a bang up job.
    I'd load an avatar showing my 62' ford 100 w/utility bed that a customer gave me, except I don't know how to get it off the camera! Something to do with lack of effort I'm sure>

Dr. Who? No.
    Star trek? Yes.

Why?
    In those you will find examples of people killing each other for whats seems to us the most unreasonable and trivial things, but they dont seem to think so.

Just shows that such ideology is like beauty, its in the eye of the beholder.

Roy

Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    Another liberal decides to attack and malign the name of Jesus with a scrap of papyrus that dates back to the 4rth century and hasn't even been accepted by historians as legitimate.

So what else is new.

I mean we all know the damage that the Christians are doing around the world destroying embassies, throwing rocks at riot police and killing ambassadors.
    Its funny how nutso you guys get when someone mentions the possibility of something contrary to popular religious belief, like its some sort of sacrilege. Many books that should have been in the bible have been omitted and dissected at the behest of those who wish to manipulate the masses such as Constantine. Who knows what knowledge we would otherwise have.
    America; first we fight for our freedom,
    then we make laws to take it away.

-Alfred E Newman

Liberty your wasting your time with some here, they believe that some film or a cartoon is what inflames people. They dont even consider that we have bombed and UAV'd the crap out of them, killing many inocent with some of the so called terrorists, not to mention having foreign troops on their soil.

Has anyone considerd what we would be like today, if anyone would do that to us. And please dont bring up 9/11, those were Saudies, I dint see us go after our oil benefactors.....gee I wonder why.

Roy

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast