Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ironpit View Post
    Skeptical isn't the problem. Rebellion is.
    Being skeptical, a God made trait, is the problem.

Rebellion is a term used when both choices are very clear. Religions and spirituality are anything but that.

Following the thread of purity through out the Scripture, Christ could not have been married.

From the treatment of men as being unclean for , I believe it was 24 hrs after sex with their wives, to the complete devotion of oneself to God as illustrated by the 144,000 male jewish virgins in the book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ.

Christ was not just a symbol of purity, He himself had to be pure in every way.
    It is completely illogical for Christ to have been married. His desires were only to please his Father and complete His work.

He was and is a Lamb without blemish, pure and spotless, offered up to God as a first fruit.

Unlike muhawmed, who was a drunken whore monger, that promised an orgy for every whore mongering muzlim man in eternity. (No such promises for the women who are muzlim owned and abused.)

It's interesting that in just about everything that Christ represents, islam is the polar opposite. Jesus said that in Heaven, there is no marrying or given in marriage.

As for killing. What's the deal there? The Scripture says that our God is a man of war. Many times God sent angels to kill His enemies. God has that right. In fact there were a couple of guys of whom it was said "And God hated him and God killed him".

There is a lot to be said for the God of justice, who gives and takes away. There is security in knowing that He is able to deliver His people completely.

God has rights too. And He has the muscle.

Who is like our God!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Being skeptical, a God made trait, is the problem.

Rebellion is a term used when both choices are very clear. Religions and spirituality are anything but that.

If being skeptical is a God made trait, and assists us to search for truth, how can it be the problem?

The problem is not believing the evidence.

And perhaps not believing the evidence, is linked to the inability of those who say they have the truth, not being able to, or perhaps not caring to, present the truth with the humility in which it was designed to be presented.

In other words, maybe the Christians really just don't care as much about people as they say they do.

Unfortunately, I believe that includes me.

After reviewing some of your posts, I think you tend to be a fairly honest guy. You make some good points .

The answers are there, they just take some time and effort. If you don't mind, I'll pm you later.

ironpit.............if you were born in Pakistan, you would be a Muslim. It's all a matter of perspective.
    KX500......the original big green meanie

Quote Originally Posted by dna View Post
    ironpit.............if you were born in Pakistan, you would be a Muslim. It's all a matter of perspective.
    And if you were born in a sewer you would be what.... a turd.

There is no way you can know who would be what. there are a lot of christians in pakistan, iran, china and other nations like them.
    It is a matter of perspective, but not human

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    By saying “He died for our sins” doesn’t explain it or make it so, regardless of how many people repeat it.

If God made man with his “sinful” nature, spiritual ignorance and tendency to believe and follow corrupt men then why is He blaming us for the way He made us? If he wanted us to be without “sin” He could have made us that way with a snap of His finger.

A soldier’s sacrifice of dying for our freedom, as seldom as that is, is far more comprehendible than Jesus dying for our sins. Maybe you can be the one that explains why the physical torment of crucifixion that Jesus chose eradicates the responsibility of the sinful nature of man? What does one have to do with the other?
    God did not make man sinful by nature. Really its in the bible and at the front no less.

Adam was made in Gods image, perfect and without sin. Then God basically "did s bit of surgery" and made man a mate.

Her name was Eve. Eve did something that and told Adam to do something that they were warned against.

Ill stop there because the rest is obvious.

Skeptical isn't the problem. Rebellion is. People who refuse to believe and obey the truth.
    Damnation is for those who are too rebellious to accept the truth. The Scripture encourages us to "reason together" with God.In Psalm and Proverbs, as well as the book of Job, God challenges those with any sense of reasoning, to consider Him.

Have you ever read these books and considered them?
    So why would God not give others the option of following Jesus to salvation, think of all the lost souls through time that were born, lived, and died without hearing of Christianity? Are they doomed to hell because God did not have the foresight to spread the word to them in a timely manor? What is his excuse, I forgot? Sorry but it would be a cruel god that would damn those that he made in his image and failed to instruct them of the options.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    The subject of whether or not the man Jesus (assumption that we are
    referring to Jesus Christ because Jesus was a common name at the time that Jesus Christ walked the Earth as a mortal) ever had sex or was married has come up often. Usually, the conversation is based on Coptic writings, which are always somewha suspect because of the Egyptian Christian melding of female deities into the Christian faith. Also, even this latest alleged reference is still a century and a half after the fact of the man Jesus having lived as a mortal.

That said, from an etimologically
    historical viewpoint, taking into consideration the social aspects of the Middle East and in particular, Jews of the time that the man Jesus lived, it would actually be odd if Jesus had not married.

Unlike today, with it being so inexpensive for writing materials, writing 2000 years ago was limited to what mattered most. Only if there were something out of the ordinary about a person being written about would a subject even be noted. Paul of Tarsus is an example of a man whose celebacy was pointed out because celebacy in a male Jew at Paul's age was something that would be noticed and commented on. With Jesus having been thought of as a rabbi, it would have been even more odd for Him not to have been married. An unmarried thirty-something rabbi would have raised a lot of eyebrows and would have been commented on.

Just as we have no written description of what Jesus looked like, we have nothing in writing as to Jesus's marital status. Paul on the other hand is described physically and his celebacy is written about. Why Paul and not Jesus? Because Paul's physical appearance was noteworthy and his celebacy needed explaination. In turn, the reason that Jesus is not physically described can be reasonably assumed because Jesus looked like every other typical Jewish man in His time. Likewise, with nothing being mentioned about Jesus being married or not, it is more likely that Jesus was either married or had been married. It is possible that Jesus had a wife who passed away before He started His ministry. Either way, it is actually more unlikely that Jesus was never married simply because there would have been some mention of such an unusual lifestyle by Jesus.

Since Jesus was fully a man, any offspring of Jesus's would simply be normal humans. It was that Jesus was also the incarnate of God the Father that made the man Jesus so spiritually unique.

As for Jesus dying for the sins of all mankind, He did just that. For those who do not wish to accept the gift of salvation from Jesus's sacrifice of dying for our sins, that is their choice. Just because we don't accept something someone does for us does not diminish the fact that they still committed the act for us. If I open the door for you and you refuse to walk through it, I have still opened the door.....for you.
    Robo there were descriptions of Jesus in the bible.

It can be assumed that he wasn't nessecarily distinctive in his appearance as the bible talks about him easily blending into to crowds

Cont....(stupid phone)

And it talks of Judas having to identify him among his disciples to the Praetorian Guard with a kiss.

His disciples were fishermen, laborers and he was of course a Carpenter. So yes it seems he would have appeared like any other 30 something Jew of his time.

It references his beard in Isaiah "I offered my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard, I did not hide my face from mocking and spitting".

He most likely had shorter hair than what we're used to. Corinthians: "Does not nature teach you that if a man have long hair, it is a shame upon him ?"

There is a detailed description of Jesus from thr Roman Consul Lentulus to the Roman Emperor Tiberius. It was found in a monastery and historical research has confirmed the prsence of a " Consul Lentulus " in Judea at the time of Jesus's trial.

Although the validity of the origin of the document is still being debated.

Isn't is amazing that people struggle with the concept of God, And a God that loves us.

I cannot hope to understand or comprehend someone who says that He merely "Spoke" and created existence. All solar systems, universes, galaxies and all of the principles that govern the behavior of all that is.

Nor can I imagine what it was like to walk with Christ, as the people did and hear Him claim to be God, then raise people from the dead and do other miracles that have never been told of anyone else. Ever!
    Reading the Scripture I hear Him tell of God as His Father. Of Love. The mystery of the trinity.

When Pilate boasted of his power, Christ reminded him that all of his power was given to him by Heaven.
    He also reminded them that He could call angels to His rescue, as if He really needed them!

God did not spare His Son, but made Him suffer for all the evil of humanity.

The scripture says that He has set before us Life and death. Then He encourages us to choose Life, that we may live!
    God has put into each mans heart to know the truth. How God judges is not up to me, nor do I understand it.

I know a lot of people who refuse to love God as the Scripture reveals Him. They want to do all of the things that He says is against His nature.

It is His world. He made it. He makes the rules. His ways are good. It gives Him Great pleasure to give us the keys of His Kingdom. But He is not going to give them to people who do not want his nature or His ways.

Hell was created for satan and his angels. It was not intended for men and women. We are creatures of free will. We choose. What we cannot choose is to ignore the one to whom it belongs.

Think of it this way. Christ paid an eternal price that we might spend eternity with the Father and Him. People turn their backs on literal Heaven. Why wouldn't God be angry at that? Imagine giving your best for someone, only to have them throw it in your face, curse you and walk away.

As for those who never have heard, that is God's to deal with. We are told to preach the Gospel and also live it. Maybe God is depending on us to show We care. Maybe we have responsibilities ourselves. Maybe we who know and don't tell will be held accountable.

There are times we do not lean on our own understanding. We simply trust and obey.

Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    Robo there were descriptions of Jesus in the bible.

It can be assumed that he wasn't nessecarily distinctive in his appearance as the bible talks about him easily blending into to crowds
    I would vote for this to be a good depection of Jesus. Thank you very much

"I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

There are no physical descriptions of anyone in the bible...... they are all symbolic descriptions of WHO the person was or of their spiritual being or nature.

Tiberius letter...... its a fake..... No, it hasnt been proven without a doubt its a fake but the writing style and the language are a lot different than what was used when Jesus died.

There are several other fake letters out there too.

144,000 virgins.......in revelations........revelations.... the mother of symbolism...... think...spiritually virgin..... they had not succumbed to the world around them and all its sin and evilness....

Do you folks even study the bible.... or do you just keep a copy on your dash like the rednecks around here do.....collecting a ton of dust...

YE SHALL PAY DEARYE FOR YE SLOTHFULLNESSYE........
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

As for those who never have heard, that is God's to deal with. We are told to preach the Gospel and also live it. Maybe God is depending on us to show We care. Maybe we have responsibilities ourselves.
    So it might be better to not know and get in through the back door.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast