Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by remodel80 View Post
    Heating and H/P the entire first floor and basement
    The First Floor is the 1600sqft, the second floor is not in this number since it is heated and cooled by the mini splits.
    Basement-750sqft
    1st Floor-1600sqft
    2nd Floor-600sqft (Not to be included since it is served by the mini splits)
    Thank you for the clarification. The guy that suggested the 100,000 and 4 ton must be smoking something. Absolutely no way. You will hate the 4 ton blower noise, not to mention it won't work.

Your 1st floor basically has no heat loss or gain. According to your calculations, a 60,000 input btu (96%) furnace and a 2 ton H/P is in order.

I personally have done all work on my home and have in reason made a goal of making an efficent affordable home. I paid to have the calculation done and supllied all information, the results are what I posted and was looking for a second opinion to confirm this wasnt out of reason. Even rule of thumb the system he is trying to sell me is to big.

Thanks for you advice on this, know to find someone to do the job right and install what is needed not what is thought to be needed. I believe that this could be a challenge, so I will be getting with my commercial HVAC guy and have him design the duct needed for the connnections and buy the unit myself and have a service tech do final setup and connections.

The other disappointing factor of this is this contractor that suggested the 100,000 BTU 4 ton system was a contractor i found off of this site in my area.

The other disappointing factor of this is this contractor that suggested the 100,000 BTU 4 ton system was a contractor i found off of this site in my area.

That is too bad, but that goes to show that one needs to do their homework. I've been told the wrong info enough that (I've been in the business 35 years) I've always done my own homework.

The last company that I joined didn't know they could use 2" PVC, they were putting tax on the labor (installation jobs) and they were not setting the set-up switches on the furnace correctly.

This is along with not selling (until I joined) geo-thermal, mini-splits, zoning or ductwork to room additions or modifications. And it's a large company.........

I agree always do your own homework.
    Again Thanks to all who have commented to help me achieve finding the right equipment. I dont mind paying the price that comes with a job done right.

I installed the mini splits myself becasue I couldnt find a contractor that knew enough about them to recommend them. That was thanks to another commercial HVAC friend of mine that recommended them and also hooked me up with a distributor that would sell me the equipment.

It pays to ask questions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12