Confused Thermostat problems....

I have been trying to replace my old Rheem 41-20804-15 thermostat with a Honeywell RTH6350D one. So far I have had no luck. I have a Goodman Heat Pump ( GSH130301BA ) along with a Goodman Air Handler (ARUF303016BA). I have hooked the wires up according to the manual, and cannot get anything to work. No fan, no ac, no heat. Please help!

p.s. I am not sure if this falls under DIY or not, if so...anyone around Columbus, Indiana area that can help? I would be glad to pay. Local companies have told me that they will not install a thermostat that I did not purchase from them. So....I'm stuck.

Just call a contractor and tell them the ac is off, if it is what I think it is it shouldn't take them but a minute to diagnose and resolve the problem

Okay. Thanks! I'll try that one.

Quote Originally Posted by ashjo84 View Post
    Local companies have told me that they will not install a thermostat that I did not purchase from them. So....I'm stuck.
    What bs that is.

I install anything the customer buys, however, I give no labor, or part Warrantee with it. They understand if it fails, breaks seconds after I leave, or does not work properly I still get paid to install it, and then paid again to reinstall the proper item, and chances are they are going to buy that part from me .

I had a guy that bought his own condenser fan motor and then called me to install it. The parts house sold it to him for more than I would have paid for it, and told him there is no warantee with it, or returns. He still had to pay me to install it, and he lost out because it all cost him more money than it would have if he bought it directly from me, and it would have be warranted for 90 days on labor, and 1 year on parts.

Any job like this is paid in cash, and cash only.
    The opinions expressed by me are not that of my employer.

insulation modern marvels
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g37riSkyZzM