Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Cool Install is a great way to understand

I would strongly advise you to do some work on the install side first. This comes from personal experience. I installed for 7 years as a journeyman electrician before I got the laptop and learned the programming. What installing teaches you is how and why you install damper actuators a certain way, how and why you wire up a 3 wire actuator and a 2 wire and their differences, and very importantly, where to properly install a sensor in the system.

Having an electronics and electrical background have truly been a boon to me. It helps me troubleshoot much more easily.
    I did the install thing, the original programming, commissioning and checkout thing, and now the full time troubleshooting thing and I couldn't have done it without this background.

BTW, I love my job. Troubleshooting and fixing stuff others can't get, solving a problem and seeing happy customers is very rewarding!

- Brian

deeeeeeeeeee plane deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee plane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hotandcoldair View Post
    da plane...boss! da plane...
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

thanks for taking the time to respond I appreciate your input

I was in the residential hvac repair business for 15 years until I switched to controls a year ago. This has been the best decision I have ever made. I did take a pay cut at first but now there are more doors to open than before with much higher pay. I have a A.S. in computer technology and web design on the side. What has helped me the most was I dabbled in Christmas light display sequencing. Also getting lucky enough to find a company who only had one controls guy who had no clue how to program..lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234