Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    A first year tech with a multimeter "should" be able to wire the whole unit up from scratch, even with no diagram, and all unmarked black wires.
    Wait a minute...I'm the boss and still can't...
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

A first year tech with a multimeter "should" be able to wire the whole unit up from scratch, even with no diagram, and all unmarked black wires.
    Then a first year tech has worked on a lot of the stuff I deal with!
    Carpe Carp~ Seize the carp

Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    even IF you cannot read or understand a schematic/diagram, mark the wires, remember which came from where, look where they go!!!!
    +2

CT

I bet money I could wire an A/C unit blindfolded.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

We were required to wire an empty furnace cabinet to a "gutted" condenser" when I went to trade school. With no schematic. Learned a lot from that. I guess schools now just want to produce graduates not techs.

Yupp yupp

most likely that cheaper NETE certification. They use the "ani mini min e mo" method (Yes, I know)
    Why do I only get a HVAC license when reality is I'm a plumber, electrician, counselor and financial expert once I'm working on someone's equipment?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12