balance piston failure in "Screw compressor"

in Screw compressor for balancing of forces Acted on rotor(cause by pressure difference on inlet and out let), rotor pulled through inlet. bearing use for this perpuse but when pressure difference become high we shold use some mechanism to help bearing... by use on balancing mechanism(like balance piston) we can overcome 98% of forces acted on bearing... but some time this balancing mechanism fail to act properly and compressure failed( dameged ) . what may be the cause?

Thread relocated to "Tech to Tech"

Quote Originally Posted by hamednoordoost View Post
    in Screw compressor for balancing of forces Acted on rotor(cause by pressure difference on inlet and out let), rotor pulled through inlet. bearing use for this perpuse but when pressure difference become high we shold use some mechanism to help bearing... by use on balancing mechanism(like balance piston) we can overcome 98% of forces acted on bearing... but some time this balancing mechanism fail to act properly and compressure failed( dameged ) . what may be the cause?
    I hear ya!!!! but what the hell are you talking about?
    It's hard to stop a Trane. but I have made one helluva living keeping them going.

where's grahams video again?
    When I am late for work, I usually make up for it by leaving early.

I suspect he (the OP, not Graham) is trying to remember a question as it's asked in his text book. Or by his instructor.