Thread: leibert

leibert

we have picked up a new account with a couple of leibert units. I havent worked on any personally but heard they can be tricky, does anyone know a good link where i can read up on them. a friend told me just call tech support but first i want to be familiar with the units. thanks by the way im not even sure if im spelling leibert correctly.

Call tech support with M# and S#. They will send you literature or email. Complex units with alot going on and alot of different models. Get the lit on your equipment, all of it, and read up. They do have good literature and fantastic tech support don't be afraid to use them. Everybody is green on something. Nothing wrong with that. Make the call.

Complexity depends on the model and Lieberts tend to be more complex the smaller they get with the big stuff being pretty straight forward.

Lieberts very good machines & are easy to work on.

Are they iCOM units? Lieberts are a challenge to work on, but they are great units.

Quote Originally Posted by socotech View Post
    Are they iCOM units? Lieberts are a challenge to work on, but they are great units.
    I was referring to the Challenger & Minimates. I have worked on the ICOM In-Row with digital scroll R410 & 407C. I have not been to the ICOM class yet.

If you can handle iCOMs then challenger and minimate should be a breeze. I think you can google the IOMs you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold shot View Post
    I was referring to the Challenger & Minimates. I have worked on the ICOM In-Row with digital scroll R410 &
    407C. I have not been to the ICOM class yet.
    Challengers are pretty simple. The newer units use a VFD for capacity control and a hot gas by pass for low ambient operation.

The mini mates use a head master, hot gas by-pass at the compressor AND a liquid injection valve to cool the compressor plus a reciever heater.

The smaller units can be more challenging than the 20 to 30 ton up/down flow units.

Over all if you understand how those individual components work they are pretty easy machines to trouble shoot and repair.

manual TM-70220 sm sys old controls.pdf MANUAL~1.PDF sl_11915 eng manual 3-5t rev 3-03.pdf

Not sure if this worked, but if you need more email me and ill send you what I have.
    I have done so much with so little for so long, that now I can do almost anything with nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by GoColts View Post
    manual TM-70220 sm sys old controls.pdf MANUAL~1.PDF sl_11915 eng manual 3-5t rev 3-03.pdf

Not sure if this worked, but if you need more email me and ill send you what I have.
    looks good. i saved the info and im going to read through it. thanks!!