Thread: Honeywell EBI

Honeywell EBI

Hey, Im working at a building with a current Honeywell EBI system that is connected to xl 5000 controllers on a LON network. I do not know much about this system, but we are removing it. We plan on reusing many of the existing devices and wires in the boiler room. I would like to use the existing Honeywell system to come up with a points list. None of the panels or terminations are labelled and tracing/toning out every device will take forever. I see that if you click on a point it gives you a "technical address: xxx.xx.xx.xx". What does this mean? The best I can decipher is, "channel.controller.??.point", is this right? How do I translate this to a physical point in the field? I also see other numbers associated with it such as "XLP01 001 19000060DO". Is there any way to turn this info into a physical point? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the limited info, Im not familiar with the EBI system or LON. Thank you for any help.

Technical address of 06.01.01 means channel.controller.point. Any point with XLP in front of the address is a point from a R7044 XL-Plus type controller. XLP01 001 19000060DO means Buss 1, channel 1, controler 19, point 60, Digital Output Point.

If you have access to Care (Honeywell's programing software) you can pull up a nice graphical representation of the terminal assignments.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    If you have access to Care (Honeywell's programing software) you can pull up a nice graphical representation of the terminal assignments.
    Only for the XL5000 controlers will this work, plus you will need the CARE project. For the XL-Plus points you will either a point list or the CAE Rebuild file or the CAE project itself.

Where can I get the Care software? Where are the CAE files stored? Where would I find the XL-Plus points lists? Thank you for the help!!!!

If all you are looking for is the list of points, there are quite a few ways to get that. First, would be in Quick Builder. This would give you pretty much all the information you need (as it is really all the information EBI has). It SHOULD be installed with the EBI installation. Even if the project file isn't there, you should be able to create a new blank project, and upload all points from the running EBI server.

Another place, which unfortunately will have a bit less information, would be in the EBI software itself. In there, you can use the reporting feature to produce a list of all points (I think it can export it to an excel file).

All that said, I'd avoid trying to do any sort of a mass transition to the new system. It will probably be much smoother to work a few controllers at a time, and manually check the status/configuration of each point along the way. Certainly would take a bit longer, but you will end up with much fewer problems from the transition. My guess is you're going ot have to be making all new graphics for everything anyways, so the point listing is not going to be the hardest work.

Quick builder will not be much help with the XL-Plus points. Only a point list (generated from the CAE database) or access to the CAE project will tell you how the panel is wired.

Quote Originally Posted by T87F View Post
    Quick builder will not be much help with the XL-Plus points. Only a point list (generated from the CAE database) or access to the CAE project will tell you how the panel is wired.
    I'm pretty sure he said it was only talking to XL5000 controllers on a LON network.