Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 14 to 26 of 26
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mid-Mo
    Posts
    3,595
    Do it like Tim the tool man taylor did, heat it up with your torch!!! HOT!!!!!!!

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Charleston, Wv.
    Posts
    1,491
    at least 1000watt inverter. those lower power microwaves aren't that great though.

    check out stuff for semi trucks.

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    6,966
    soups in a thermos and you still have to eat your lunch in a freezing truck...what are bringing for lunch that you can't wolf down while writing a ticket ...those walk in delizzzz are awesome with all that hot stuff under the glass....meatloaf,mac & cheese,beef,macs,chinks...and those soups New England clam,Lobster Bisques....teasing you...ever been to the deli up on W55th up from the HILTON between 6th & 7th Aves,or the one at E45th and Madison..opposite Mens Warehouse...best one was on W56th middle of the block just over 6th Ave on the right middle of the block Green awning!!!!! awesome hot food in the back down the stairs..treat your self to Hero Boy one of these days...W39th and 9th.....White Castle W43rd & 8th....and of course Katz's deli...lower east side http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnu70rfgL-o
    Last edited by maxster; 09-23-2012 at 02:11 PM.
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    673
    They do make 12v microwaves. But I had a microwave in my van for over a year. I just ran 100ft extension cord to the customers outlet or used their microwave.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,461
    Quote Originally Posted by craig1 View Post
    This book might be able to help you out. You can have hot meals and not waste space on a microwave.

    http://www.amazon.com/Manifold-Desti.../dp/1416596232
    Interesting. Used to place a can of 'C' rations on the jeep manifold to warm up our meals.

  6. #19
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    7,415
    Don't forget about a smaller George Foreman grill either. I threw one in my truck back when I did installs and used it all the time. The other guys would get pretty jealous when I was making cooking up my stuff and they were eating sandwiches. I never cooked anything from raw, just used it to reheat stuff.

    Plus it was easier to carry to the outlet than a microwave. Now days tho, I just eat out... I really gotta stop that!
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    13,833
    the economy needs your lunch money!!!!!!!!!
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    working overtime
    Posts
    848
    http://12vmicrowave.com/

    here is one that plugs into the cigarette lighter as long as its rated for 20 amps

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    13,833
    why cant he just bring his lunch into quick trip and warm it up like everybody else?????????????


    Quote Originally Posted by cavalieri85 View Post
    http://12vmicrowave.com/

    here is one that plugs into the cigarette lighter as long as its rated for 20 amps
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    Posts
    1,781
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    the economy needs your lunch money!!!!!!!!!
    Not that I want to turn this into an ARP forum worthy waste of a thread, but spending money needlessly doesn't ACTUALLY help the economy. All it does is contribute to the increase in what is perceived as the necessary cost of living, which in turn leads to demand for higher wages, which leads to more jobs leaving our shores to countries that still cook their own meals.

    Seriously, I'm one who blames part of the economic problems on the inability of american's to take care of their basic needs. This has given rise to the rampant increase in the 'service' industry, which, in all actuality, doesn't improve the economy, because it doens't actually PRODUCE anything. when the cost of the service industry has exceeded the capability of the productive parts of the economy, the economy as a whole is negative, and the end result is inflation. When in a world economy, and this is happening, the result is jobs moving to areas that DO have a balance between service and production.

    If everyone started cooking their own meals, yes, many restaurants would go out of business - however, everyone's cost of living would significantly drop, and a family would be able to live on a single wage again.

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by maxster View Post
    soups in a thermos and you still have to eat your lunch in a freezing truck...what are bringing for lunch that you can't wolf down while writing a ticket ...those walk in delizzzz are awesome with all that hot stuff under the glass....meatloaf,mac & cheese,beef,macs,chinks...and those soups New England clam,Lobster Bisques....teasing you...ever been to the deli up on W55th up from the HILTON between 6th & 7th Aves,or the one at E45th and Madison..opposite Mens Warehouse...best one was on W56th middle of the block just over 6th Ave on the right middle of the block Green awning!!!!! awesome hot food in the back down the stairs..treat your self to Hero Boy one of these days...W39th and 9th.....White Castle W43rd & 8th....and of course Katz's deli...lower east side http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnu70rfgL-o
    theres a good deli on the corner canal st and west broadway banging philly cheese steak across from the hotel im on a budget though dont buy lunch unless i get home late and forget to make it i was looking at the inverters possable but over 100 bucks not worth it oh and i ran into some fitters on the roof today 638 trying to get me to the darkside but 638b life is good
    Last edited by raven22; 09-24-2012 at 08:57 PM. Reason: correct spelling

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,435
    Quote Originally Posted by CraziFuzzy View Post

    If everyone started cooking their own meals, yes, many restaurants would go out of business - however, everyone's cost of living would significantly drop, and a family would be able to live on a single wage again.
    they would just blow the savings on a bigger TV

  13. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by raven22 View Post
    theres a good deli on the corner canal st and west broadway banging philly cheese steak across from the hotel im on a budget though dont buy lunch unless i get home late and forget to make it i was looking at the inverters possable but over 100 bucks not worth it oh and i ran into some fitters on the roof today 638 trying to get me to the darkside but 638b life is good

    So is 1.5 times the HVACR Tech/Svc Jm possible O-T-C for a National Sig as an overhaul Mechanic or Service Foreman? Still waiting for an answer. I believe $36.55/Hr. in NYC to be obscene, not knocking any of you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event