p/t guage filling with water?

I had a customer telling me his boiler guages were getting filled with water. The building has 6 Aerco Benchmark boilers that are mayb 3-4 years old, newer 12 story bldg. I havn't seen the guage's yet but he stated he has removed the factory guages and installed new non oem guages that were suppose to be of good quality and after some time a few weeks they became water logged. It's not every boiler, maybe 4 he said. I have no info yet as far as system static pressure. I'll be back at the site soon and thought i'd run it by you guys. Any thoughts? TIA Fitz
    Chaos equals cash$$$

Quote Originally Posted by fitzyfitta View Post
    I had a customer telling me his boiler guages were getting filled with water. The building has 6 Aerco Benchmark boilers that are mayb 3-4 years old, newer 12 story bldg. I havn't seen the guage's yet but he stated he has removed the factory guages and installed new non oem guages that were suppose to be of good quality and after some time a few weeks they became water logged. It's not every boiler, maybe 4 he said. I have no info yet as far as system static pressure. I'll be back at the site soon and thought i'd run it by you guys. Any thoughts? TIA Fitz

High quality gauges..... umm did he buy liquid filled gauges and is now mistaking that for water?

no not glycerin filled..
    Chaos equals cash$$$