HeatPump Stat on a Gas Furnace?

Will a HeatPump thermostat (goodman TSTATG2152-2) work as well as a regular thermostat when used with a (2-stage) Gas furnace?
    I know it will at least fire up provided I hook it up properly, but will the furnace operate correctly?
    Mainly worried about the timing, like how long before first stage, how long before second stage kicks in, and how long it lets those stages run for, etc.

I will wire it with the W (aux heat) of thermostat on W2 in the furnace, and the B (heat valve) connected to W1.

The reason I am asking is because I received the thermostat free with the furnace and a/c order.

We can't give DIY advice.
    Why didn't the installer do the job?
    "Hey Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort." And he says, "there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. - Carl Spackler

No, I would call the installer and insist upon the correct thermostat......

There is no single installer.
    We hired a gas pipe installer, and hired a ductwork installer, I am the electrician for the job including the thermostat.

I'm not asking how to do the job, I'm just asking if in general there are any differences between a heat pump thermostat and a regular thermostat apart from the "aux heating" switch.

yes, thats why they have heatpump stats vs. Ac stats

Wrong stat, it may call for A/C when you run the heat. You need a 2 stage conventional thermostat.

Need a different thermostat
    We really need change now

Quote Originally Posted by tesco View Post
    Will a HeatPump thermostat (goodman TSTATG2152-2) work as well as a regular thermostat when used with a (2-stage) Gas furnace?
    I know it will at least fire up provided I hook it up properly, but will the furnace operate correctly?
    Mainly worried about the timing, like how long before first stage, how long before second stage kicks in, and how long it lets those stages run for, etc.

The reason I am asking is because I received the thermostat free with the furnace and a/c order.

What furnace are you hookin' up?
    Do not attempt vast projects with
    half vast experience and ideas.

The HP stat will not stage the 2 stage gas furnace. If you set it to heat and turn it up you will get cooling. What kind of deal gives you the wrong stat? Online?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

I don't think you need a 2 s stat if you want it to stage on timing, but imo that's a bassackwards way to stage.

Stage on delta runs better efficiency, better comfort, fewer cycles.
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.