pulling a vacuum - Page 10
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettgetsmwet04 View Post
    nothin wrong with doin that, some just like the tree because it has valves built in.

i use the jb 142n pump with 2- 3/8" ports and a 1/4" port built in.

i use 3/8" to 1/4" yellow jacket hoses and 2 appion core tools on the service ports.

i dont use a tree, i use the setup that came with the pump, it works just fine, just make sure its leak free.
    I have a Robinaire pump with the 3/8" flare now... Also I have access to a JB 7cfm.... And it is set up just like yours.

nothin wrong with doin that, some just like the tree because it has valves built in.

i use the jb 142n pump with 2- 3/8" ports and a 1/4" port built in.

i use 3/8" to 1/4" yellow jacket hoses and 2 appion core tools on the service ports.

i dont use a tree, i use the setup that came with the pump, it works just fine, just make sure its leak free.
    Same setup I use.

How do you connect your micron gauge to the CRT? With a short hose? I have had problems with the hose collapsing under vacuum and also I suspect it permeates badly. I can't get my Bluvac to hold steady, it always has a slight rise, around .1 micron per second. Never noticed a problem with my Thermal!

i use the side port on the appion if its possible.

some units will not let this happen due to tight spots, sometimes i cant get both core removers on.

worst case i will put the micron gauge on the 1/4" port on the vaccum tree, i like it away from the vaccum, but it will go there before i add another hose to the equation, i try to eliminate all the connections i can.

i use the side port on the appion if its possible.

some units will not let this happen due to tight spots, sometimes i cant get both core removers on.

worst case i will put the micron gauge on the 1/4" port on the vaccum tree, i like it away from the vaccum, but it will go there before i add another hose to the equation, i try to eliminate all the connections i can.
    Does your Micron gauge have a female fitting or do you use a hose to your crt?

yes, i use the jb dv22, its female so it screws right onto the valve core.

i got the blu vac at the top of my list, it looks like it has a male fitting now that i look at it, is that correct?

if so then u have no option but to use a short vacuum rated hose to connect it.

i got the blu vac at the top of my list, it looks like it has a male fitting now that i look at it, is that correct?

Yes, I wish it had a female fitting.

I'm thinking about using a female to female flare swivel to connect it. That would eliminate the need for a hose.

surely you could get just a valve that had a swivel on each end? I have no idea where to look but it would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by knave View Post
    surely you could get just a valve that had a swivel on each end? I have no idea where to look but it would be nice.
    JB D10244 Deep vacuum 1/4 sae swivel coupler
    Just picked up two myself, the rubber gasket is smaller then normal though so it looks like it might have to be babied.
    If using for vacuum i reccomend some Nylog on the gaskets.

Just watched the video for Nylog. Looks like some good stuff.

This is a Appion core tool that I soldered a 1/4" female QC on.

“If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    This is a Appion core tool that I soldered a 1/4" female QC on.

You soldered a Quick Coupler onto an Appion Core Tool???? Need a closeup photo of that.
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

“If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast