Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Sman3

New Sman3

Bought new set of Sman3 took out of the box powerd up, but low side temp is reading 164degF at room temp. Is there somthing I am not doing? Should both clamps read the same on both sides?

New Sman3

The pipe clamps can be calibrated but if it is reading off that much - I would suggest contacting Fieldpiece for a replacement clamp.

Try swapping the probes to see if the problem is the probe or the head.

Are you sure you are on the temp screen (T1,T2) and not the other screens that calculate SH/SC , saturation temp or the input for target SH

I work for Fieldpiece. Give us a call at 714 634 1844.. We'll walk you through a couple of tests to determine the issue and get it taken care of. Thanks!

-Russ

This is the first fieldpiece equipment I have ever bought and because of you guys exceptional I will be buying more

I may have been on the wrong screen I will look

Just wondering I tried too charge r22 with sman3 just using pressure because I was'nt sur about the target SH it was late at night. IS that the same as taking my old gauges and charging low side pressure to 65degF?. Starting Pressure was 45psi Well my SH ended up as 1 and my pressue was at 58psi. Think I overcharged it am going back to check on the unit it has a small leak. What should my super heat be on r22?

Quote Originally Posted by ifIknew View Post
    Just wondering I tried too charge r22 with sman3 just using pressure because I was'nt sur about the target SH it was late at night. IS that the same as taking my old gauges and charging low side pressure to 65degF?. Starting Pressure was 45psi Well my SH ended up as 1 and my pressue was at 58psi. Think I overcharged it am going back to check on the unit it has a small leak. What should my super heat be on r22?
    Your required superheat is going to depend on the indoor wb and the outdoor db, usually somewhere between 12-20

Sent from my van

Is the outdoor dry bulb the same as outdoor ambient temp?

For all intents and purposes... Yes

Sent from my van

Quote Originally Posted by ifIknew View Post
    Is the outdoor dry bulb the same as outdoor ambient temp?
    You sound like you have a lot to learn and that's perfectly fine. This site has a ton of great info and is an asset to anyone in the field. These are great questions.

Apply for a pro membership. You have enough posts. Once a pro, you gain access to all kind of technical information and we can discuss your questions in a more "technical friendly" setting.

X2
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Ridley View Post
    You sound like you have a lot to learn and that's perfectly fine. This site has a ton of great info and is an asset to anyone in the field. These are great questions.

Apply for a pro membership. You have enough posts. Once a pro, you gain access to all kind of technical information and we can discuss your questions in a more "technical friendly" setting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast