Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Baxi boiler setup question

ok guys, I haven't been here in a while.....but I have a question.

....A good friend of mine had a Baxi boiler installed from an older plumber he knew. Evidently the plumber mostly gave a little guidance and had my friend install it himself. (some help huh !!?) Anyway, he said he didn't think it was working properly and he had no hot water. (combo unit) I went over to take a peek and was horrified at how completely wrong everything was. I understand HE did it, but the plumber came back to look at it !!!!! It was so wrong, I emptied it and made him rip it all apart ! I drew him a diagram of how it's supposed to be piped and made him do it till it was right for being a cheap *** and not getting a pro to do it....lol. His hot water was piped backwards which is why it didn't work...

......he got it all piped in correctly and everything is working, but i'm kinda confused with the control. He doesn't seem to have a manual for it, and from looking it up on-line i found how to get in and change the settings....but it doesn't seem to be working good. His water is too hot at the faucet. 140*F. I found a setting to set the max output for DHW in the advanced settings and changed it from 60*C to 52*C....and it instantly changes to 55*C. I don't know why this is happening, but I have never dealt with a Baxi before either. but even turning it down to 55*C, it's still 140*F at the faucet !!!

I dunno guys, I get no statisfaction from the manuals, what little they tell you. Can anyone give me a hint as to what is going on here ?? There is temp up/down buttons for DHW on the front, but they don't seem to work at all.
    I only try to be the best.....though i'm not......but in my efforts to be, I hope to learn and achieve more than most !!

Those boilers need a mixing valve on them for the hot water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty hvac View Post
    Those boilers need a mixing valve on them for the hot water.

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? ??..... that seems silly with a damn control on it....boy, I'm less than impressed with these things.

Quote Originally Posted by brian in mass View Post
    Really? ??..... that seems silly with a damn control on it....boy, I'm less than impressed with these things.
    Every combi boiler that I have installed has a mixing valve with it. You have to think if you are heating water to 195 for base board you can't send that temp of water to your domestic fixtures. It is also there as a safety device.

Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty hvac View Post
    Every combi boiler that I have installed has a mixing valve with it. You have to think if you are heating water to 195 for base board you can't send that temp of water to your domestic fixtures. It is also there as a safety device.

Exactly, standard procedure, it's even good to have on an indirect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes perfect sence. I just assumed that when you have the heat shut off on the control and your using it only as a hwh...you'd be able to throttle it back....but, that would only be temp anyway now that I think of it. So yeah, stupid me for not realizing that. !!! Boy, i need a vacation! Lmaohahahaha .. thanks guys

A mixing valve is recommend but most models can control DHW outlet temps and lock out. What's the mod? And I could probably help you out

Im driving right now, but i think it's something like luna3 310fi.....does that sound right? ...LoL

Im driving right now, but i think it's something like luna3 310fi.....does that sound right? ...LoL
    If that's the case you should have a blue digital display with the boiler either installed in the front face or used as a room stat.

Ya, he has it on the front of the unit

Ya, he has it on the front of the unit
    Well than it has a DHW temp selector on that control (+ and - under the dripping tap) If its not keeping outlet temp to within a few deg there is a failure somewhere. NTC sensor maybe?

your temp set point is working correctly 55C is 140F just reset to 45 C should get 120F i.e. rule of thumb double Temp C and add 30 to get F

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast