Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    or do they, Tony?
    "If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a KA." - Albert Einstein

It's later than you think.

readily available guns makes 'us' less safe.

certain guns have no purpose in the general public (this may be why they invented police)

it is easier to kill someone 10ft away with a gun than face him like a man, mano-el-mano.

"Guns don't kill people, husbands that come home early kill people...." quote Larry the cable guy.

Originally posted by tonys
    Explain how. Remember my previous example of the rapist and the young lady with the .45 in her purse? If the guns are readily available to both, the playing field is leveled, and the strong can no longer prey on the weak.

As I mentioned previously, she'll shoot his **** off. The criminal knows this, and does not proceed with the crime.

Therefore, readily available guns make us more safe.

certain guns have no purpose in the general public (this may be why they invented police)
    I'm unfamiliar with the part of the constitution where it says "to keep and bear certain arms, but not the kinds that some people don't like".

Perhaps you could enlighten me.

http://www.billofrights.org/

it is easier to kill someone 10ft away with a gun than face him like a man, mano-el-mano.
    So you're saying that the feeble old grandmother should fist-fight the 275lb crackhead kicking in her front door to rob her?

I'm speaking of the gun culture that you appear to support.

that broad that you refer to is D-E-A-D no matter what she has in her purse (hopefully a nice one like Jimmy-8675309's)

I guess the constitution is 'perfect', that is of course why it's never been amended, right? (didn't realize a universal document has to contain specific details on such relavant things as firearms and CO2 emissions, as you suggest)

grandma should call the police.

and,
    that's a weird space that you inhabit, Ralph.

You say this isnt about politics, and it is not directly. Where do organizations/people/businesses go for protection?? Law Enforcement. Not political. Ye it is. It is not disgusting that a person would tie this in with politics. This is what government is for. For the people by the people, to protect the people and our interest/ civil liberties. As much as this is an issue of crime against humanity it is also a civil issue. Those people who cannot figure out that this is tied to politics in this manner are the reason things like this keep happening. I'm not saying that the government should take control. What I am saying however is that people need to recognize we are doing things like this to ourselves. This problem cannot be solved politically or in in court. The problems (most facing America) can only be solved by a collective conciousness and awareness of what the problem actually is. It is us. The people. We are so easily duped and are so ready to follow whatever shepard becomes available. You think the penitentiary will scare someone away from commiting crimes? Its free housing. Free cable TV. Freedom from responsibilities for alot of the people in the pens around the country. It is an wasy way out. Society does not make it easy on people. So people take it out on society. Have you ever been homeless/penniless? Were you trying the best you could and no one would give you a break? Im not trying to make excuses for this mans actions, but lets look at what motivated him. There are many things, almost none of which anyone will ever try to understand, much less prevent or conquer. Democracy was set in place so that people would not have to argue and fight and kill each other to get a point across or to protect thier unalieanable rights. We believed a system of voting and majority rules would do fine. And it will as long as people get involved and start CARING. That word is huge. If everyone had a little more kindness in their hearts, things like this tragedy would not happen. so call it politics, call it criminal, call it insane, but the fact of the matter is we as Americans dont even understand ourselves, how can we salvage humanity when we can't even identify what we are trying to save?

one example of what is wrong with us is this:

Football stars, golf players, racecare drivers, baseball players, movie tycoons are making millions

teachers get nothing.

Use your heart as well as your head and we might just be able to make this all go away.
    UA LOCAL 614...WE DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME

Always remember, those who hate you don't win, unless you hate them. And then, you destroy yourself. -Richard Nixon-

You mean like the guy in PA?
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

The gun culture? I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to, or why.

"The broad that I referred to is dead"? How do you figure?

co2 emissions? wtf?

and you think I live in a weird space?

I have 6 guns. Have I killed anyone? No siree Bob. And you know I have wanted to and for many many reasons. why do you think gun control can prevent crimes? Laws say marijuana is illegal. Oh and I guess no one smokes pot either? It is illegal to drive without a license. So illegal immigrants dont drive? BS, they drive and people die because they drive irresponsibly. So when will we all get off of this just cause its a law it will stop train? Never. we are individuals. And we love that fact. You dont want guns I do. Right there you have a disagreement. Will I shoot you over your opinion? If I were crazy enough or hearltess enough. Believe in the Constitution dont amend it. Im not saying it doesnt need revised and Im not saying 225 years ago was just like today. But the principles are really good ones. It has a solid foundation, we just refuse to stand on it. We stand on marble floors with big screens and coffe makers. Take the guns away, let someone like Iraq (not that i think it could happen) invade us and what do you have? Instead of a bunch of gun-toting hip gangster wannabes you have a bunch of sissies throwing coffee mugs and the likes for protection. Oh the Government will protect us? The military will protect us? The police will protect us? Three things: 9/11, Vietnam, and Urban life in the ghettos. They cant get the job done for us. And whats that old saying? You want something right do it yourself. Also, who says we have more of a right to not get shot than those deer you killed last hunting season? You say they dont because they dont create stuff like Windows XP, A/cs, or cell phones. Who was here first? Do you have faith in something? I hope so. Biggest thing is this, run up on me and try to harm my child and me with a stick, I'll blow your brains to the concrete without hesitation. Leave me alone, I'll leave you alone. Just be you and let me be me. Right? Gun control, smun control. People kill people.

Always remember, those who hate you don't win, unless you hate them. And then, you destroy yourself. -Richard Nixon-

Originally posted by ralphtheplumber
    The gun culture? I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to, or why.

"The broad that I referred to is dead"? How do you figure?

co2 emissions? wtf?

and you think I live in a weird space?
    the gun culture is one that believes they have the right to own/carry guns (not hunting rifles, but guns designed to take people down), just because someone scripted-it into a constitution back in the day of cowboys-n-indians
    - you appear to be in that elite-group.

a broad get's attacked by a guy is likely dead for a number of reasons - surprise, size-differential, & possibly skill in using a weapon (do I need to spell out every point on my posts?)
    ...most woman I know can't change the oil in their cars - so, where are they going to find the strength and tactics to maneuver in a room alone with an attacker? (gun or no-gun)

did the co2 ref. set you off?
    it should, just as your rediculous point that "the type of gun" would be specified in the constitution.
    you're not really a topic-diverter, like the boot-tsie (for example), so why start here?

Originally posted by bootlen

You mean like the guy in PA?

exactly - Mr.bible-boots

that crazy-dude began to shoot the moment he saw the police breaking through the windows.
    making his cowardly-act 'easier'.

Tonys are you saying that all guns should be taken away, or just certain ones? or do you believe that people should have what they want, but learn to use discretion?

Originally posted by bdclark
    I have 6 guns. Have I killed anyone? No siree Bob. And you know I have wanted to and for many many reasons. why do you think gun control can prevent crimes? Laws say marijuana is illegal. Oh and I guess no one smokes pot either? It is illegal to drive without a license. So illegal immigrants dont drive? BS, they drive and people die because they drive irresponsibly. So when will we all get off of this just cause its a law it will stop train? Never. we are individuals. And we love that fact. You dont want guns I do. Right there you have a disagreement. Will I shoot you over your opinion? If I were crazy enough or hearltess enough. Believe in the Constitution dont amend it. Im not saying it doesnt need revised and Im not saying 225 years ago was just like today. But the principles are really good ones. It has a solid foundation, we just refuse to stand on it. We stand on marble floors with big screens and coffe makers. Take the guns away, let someone like Iraq (not that i think it could happen) invade us and what do you have? Instead of a bunch of gun-toting hip gangster wannabes you have a bunch of sissies throwing coffee mugs and the likes for protection. Oh the Government will protect us? The military will protect us? The police will protect us? Three things: 9/11, Vietnam, and Urban life in the ghettos. They cant get the job done for us. And whats that old saying? You want something right do it yourself. Also, who says we have more of a right to not get shot than those deer you killed last hunting season? You say they dont because they dont create stuff like Windows XP, A/cs, or cell phones. Who was here first? Do you have faith in something? I hope so. Biggest thing is this, run up on me and try to harm my child and me with a stick, I'll blow your brains to the concrete without hesitation. Leave me alone, I'll leave you alone. Just be you and let me be me. Right? Gun control, smun control. People kill people.
    I would like to know how pack'n heat would have protected the folks that died on 9/11?

are you suggesting passengers on an airplane should start carrying 9mm's next to their palm-pilots?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast