Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast
    It used to be that a business owner, before corporations, had personal control and responsibility over his business. A corporation allows shareholders and directors, who often couldn't care less about the ethics of the business as long as it makes money, to hide behind the limited liability and do things that PEOPLE would not do on their own. I don't think this is right. Look at the penalties for most offenses a corporation can get convicted under (environmental for example), the fines levied are tax deductible.....what kind of deterrent is that.

I didn't say that ALL politicians are in the pocket of business but those that are seem to get on the big committees and make a lot of decisions the favour the companies. The honest ones that are quite happy with a pension at the end of the day do good work but we never hear from them.

Corporate entities are a product of the govt because people lobbied the govt to create them. I wonder if those people ever expected for the corp to be used the way it is today. Just to point out....I am not against the corporation (I am a director of 2 of them) but it certainly is a big tree to hide behind.

These threads always seem to trend toward conspiracies and massive nameless evil entities that exert control over the hapless minions.

I wish we could stay at least in our dimension and stick to practical conversation but then again, it's the internet.

Critiquing Corporations is a bit off topic but since a poster brought it up Ill add my two cents.
    Last edited by Six; 09-23-2012 at 10:36 PM.

It's a narrative created by the left to create and then perpetuate class warfare and empower the unions.

That the Unions for decades should be allowed to donate billions to political campaigns and then cry foul along with so many Americans that Corporations Contributions somehow signaled the end of our Republic.

Corporations employ Americans. They are comprised of people who pay their taxes, buy homes and goods and keep whats left of our economy running.

They hire vendors and contractors to manage everything from their profit margins to their landscaping.

When they fail communities fail. A good example is the town of Webster Texas. "Houston we have a problem"

Yep Hohnson Space Center. Lockheed Martin won a Contract for the manned space flight missions until the Obama administration cut the program. The layoffs dont just stop at NASA and Lockheed. Its sent economic shockwaves throughout the city of Webster and Houston as their Contractors and Vendors lost their customers. A BIG customer.

The lefts demonization of the coporations only works if the public is naive enough to buy into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    It's a narrative created by the left to create and then perpetuate class warfare and empower the unions.

That the Unions for decades should be allowed to donate billions to political campaigns and then cry foul along with so many Americans that Corporations Contributions somehow signaled the end of our Republic.

Corporations employ Americans. They are comprised of people who pay their taxes, buy homes and goods and keep whats left of our economy running.

They hire vendors and contractors to manage everything from their profit margins to their landscaping.

When they fail communities fail. A good example is the town of Webster Texas. "Houston we have a problem"

Yep Hohnson Space Center. Lockheed Martin won a Contract for the manned space flight missions until the Obama administration cut the program. The layoffs dont just stop at NASA and Lockheed. Its sent economic shockwaves throughout the city of Webster and Houston as their Contractors and Vendors lost their customers. A BIG customer.

The lefts demonization of the coporations only works if the public is naive enough to buy into it.
    Business do this. Far and away small business.

I think your naive to trust any large organization whose leaders will not bear the responsible for the actions of the whole. In the end a large corporations is no different then a government. Please try to remember that it is possible to allow anything to grow to large, which is the case with modern corporations.

The left does not need to demonize corporations, they do just fine with that on their own. There is a reason corporations entered this discussion btw, there are several corporations running prisons in this country, and they demand such things as 90% occupancy rate.

Those corporations who run those programs are not funded by private money, they are funded by us, the tax payer, and they produce no profits. I realize there are spin offs that produce future technologies from such ventures, but we never seem to be the patent owners of such future technology, even though we paid for them.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    Those corporations who run those programs are not funded by private money,

they are funded by us, the tax payer, and they produce no profits. I realize there are spin offs that produce future technologies from such ventures, but we never seem to be the patent owners of such future technology, even though we paid for them.

Roy
    Do a quick nexus or google search to get an idea of all the tech we've apparently taken for granted from NASAs ventures. Now think about antogonistic Countries parking Geo-Synchronous Satelites or low orbit weapon systems over our Country because we were to near sighted to be pioneers in the last frontier.

Now think of the things they've developed that are classified.

Its worth every penny if you ask me.

Do a quick nexus or google search to get an idea of all the tech we've apparently taken for granted from NASAs ventures. Now think about antogonistic Countries parking Geo-Synchronous Satelites or low orbit weapon systems over our Country because we were to near sighted to be pioneers in the last frontier.

I wasnt asking...I was telling

Apparantly you dont read and comprehend too well.

Btw I'm very familiar with most all technologies, including some who may be classified

We taxpayers fund research in technology, and then they get patented so we can pay through the nose again. If we pay for the research, the technology should be open, so we the taxpayers benefit from our funded research.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

I wasnt
    asking...I was telling

Apparantly you dont read and comprehend too well.

Btw I'm very familiar with most all technologies, including some who may be classified

We taxpayers fund research in technology, and then they get patented so we can pay through the nose again. If we pay for the research, the technology should be open, so we the taxpayers benefit from our funded research.

Roy
    I have exceptional reading comprehension skills and I was under the impression you were coming from a position of competence and intelligence.

But alas I've overestimated someone on the internet....again.

Its just hard to accept the conclusion that someone who is supposedly well aware of the tech and military advanatages we've come to take for granted could be so one dimensional in their thinking.

That their justification for government research starts and stops with the caveat of who's going to profit off of this one day ?

That there are no other benefits of NASAs existence to justify their funding. You would think that those benefits would be obvious ( and they are ) . That someone such as your self with access to "classified" material would be able to make a better argument than basically ( Whaaaaa...its not fair ! ) to counter our need for a space agency.

Try again Roy.

This Conspiracy nonsense and "F" the corporations rhetoric is just you being intellectually lazy.

AKA your big government is crap, but my big government is just find and makes the world go round. And this is why government never shrinks.

I have exceptional reading comprehension skills and I was under the impression you were coming from a position of competence and intelligence.

But alas I've overestimated someone on the internet....again.

Its just hard to accept the conclusion that someone who is supposedly well aware of the tech and military advanatages we've come to take for granted could be so one dimensional in their thinking.

That their justification for government research starts and stops with the caveat of who's going to profit off of this one day ?

That there are no other benefits of NASAs existence to justify their funding. You would think that those benefits would be obvious ( and they are ) . That someone such as your self with access to "classified" material would be able to make a better argument than basically ( Whaaaaa...its not fair ! ) to counter our need for a space agency.

Try again Roy.

This Conspiracy nonsense and "F" the corporations rhetoric is just you being intellectually
    lazy.
    Yes your right, I'm incompetent and stupid to believe I can contribute to this conversation, I guess my 65 years on this planet has been a waste, I just shouldnt advice anyone as bright and rightous as one like you.

So let me just put you on ignore, so I will never insult you with my poor knowledge.

Sincerly

Roy

Yes your right, I'm incompetent and stupid to believe I can contribute to this conversation, I guess my 65 years on this planet has been a waste, I just shouldnt advice anyone as bright and rightous as one like you.

So let me just put you on ignore, so I will never insult you with my poor knowledge.

Sincerly

Roy
    Age is not indicative of intelligence and don't dish it out if you cant take it. If you wan't to dole out little jabs at fellow posters than don't be surprised if your challenged.

Especially if you start something with me. I have been posting on debate sites for years and even on political sites heavily weighted with liberals. I have no problem dealing with them or anybody else who chooses to insult rather than carry on a intelligent conversation.

Something tells me I'll survive being put on ignore by you and it's your loss anyway. If you would calm down you might learn something.

Ever heard of Hanlon’s (or Heinlein’s) Razor: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.” ?

Until I'm insulted I will do my best to inform the un-informable. Truth is a lot of those "inventions" that you take for granted came from NASA contractors who risked capital to research and build their prototypes.

Sometimes they lose sometimes they win. And yes sometimes those concepts evolve into marketable devices. But because tax payer money payed them for a version of the widgit that maybe wen't into space lets make sure they never patent it or a subsection of it and make a profit.

It's ridiculous and such a superficial way of looking at the many advances that came out of the space agency.

So many are kept ignorant by their ideology, "Conservatives" that agree with the occupy crowd when it comes to Corporations, people making broad brush statements and claiming to have god like knowledge but are too lazy or do not posses the character to REALLY research what their talking about.

Take me off ignore and I'll keep you honest. Otherwise chicken out and run away.

Age is not indicative of intelligence and don't dish it out if you cant take it. If you wan't to dole out little jabs at fellow posters than don't be surprised if your challenged.

Especially if you start something with me. I have been posting on debate sites for years and even on political sites heavily weighted with liberals. I have no problem dealing with them or anybody else who chooses to insult rather than carry on a intelligent conversation.

Something tells me I'll survive being put on ignore by you and it's your loss anyway. If you would calm down you might learn something.

Ever heard of Hanlon’s (or Heinlein’s) Razor: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.” ?

Until I'm insulted I will do my best to inform the un-informable. Truth is a lot of those "inventions" that you take for granted came from NASA contractors who risked capital to research and build their prototypes.

Sometimes they lose sometimes they win. And yes sometimes those concepts evolve into marketable devices. But because tax payer money payed them for a version of the widgit that maybe wen't into space lets make sure they never patent it or a subsection of it and make a profit.

It's ridiculous and such a superficial way of looking at the many advances that came out of the space agency.

So many are kept ignorant by their ideology, "Conservatives" that agree with the occupy crowd when it comes to Corporations, people making broad brush statements and claiming to have god like knowledge but are too lazy or do not posses the character to REALLY research what their talking about.

Take me off ignore and I'll keep you honest. Otherwise chicken out and run away.

Arrogance, thy name be six.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    Arrogance, thy name be six.
    You got me there.

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast