The war on drugs is working perfectly! - Page 8
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast
Results 92 to 104 of 271
  1. #92
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Down by the river
    Posts
    1,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    You are Irish and you hate booze??
    No,no lets not get off track. I love it, but do to family I have learned to respect it.

  2. #93
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    It happens whether or not the drugs are legal Glen. If the war on drugs had any evidence to support its continued existence I would not be supportive getting rid of it, but it's exactly like other social programs, such as food stamps, medicaid, and welfare. It just teaches people to be dependent on the government for their ideas of right and wrong. I thought parents where supposed to teach their children stuff like that not the government. I don't think anyone is suggesting that its not bad for you.
    In my opinion, this is the key!

    Each of us at ARP is quite opinionated as to what we think is right and wrong. Ever wonder if one should look beyond that?

    OK, I know that is a different and potentially confusing statement... so lets examine it a bit deeper:

    On the church front:
    The Baptist Deacons in Tennessee just cannot wait for the preacher to finish so they can hustle outside and light up a smoke (they are tobacco farmers)... and you KNOW smoking and tobacco is NOT mentioned to be sin... However: They would SCREAM BLOODY MURDER if teens of opposite sexes were allowed to swim in bathing suits in the same pool (they used to call this mixed bathing). Yes, this was actually true after WW2.

    Now the Baptist Deacons in Florida will rail on and on and on about how SINFUL smoking is... yet their kids swim together in scantily clad bodies.

    Anyone see the hypocrisy here?

    It is referred to in the Bible as; 'The knowledge of good and evil' It was what God told Adam and Eve to LEAVE ALONE in the garden. Yes, to disobey God (to eat the apple) was sin... however why did God tell them to leave it alone? Was God an oger that did not want them to have any fun? No more than a healthy parent would be... remember, He is God the Father...
    Simple: God knew we were not equipped to handle that knowledge of good and evil without HIS divine guidance.

    But NOOOOOOOOOO, as usual, mankind was smarter (read that would not listen) to God... So now the human race is cursed with this attitude that causes wars, conflicts, etc.

    BS you say...

    Think with me for a minute (or longer) what the world would be like if folks did not get aggressive,combative, self-righteous, or even violent about their beliefs of right and wrong. Yeah, think about that (requires thinking outside the box).

    See what I mean?

    Now is GA saying there should be NO rules... ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!

    However the rules need to be established by a higher power than mankind. This eliminates the disagreements on what is right and wrong... and frees our minds to function... whoops, there is that freedom thingy again.

    One might note the writers of the founding documents (in this case the Declaration of Independence) said our inalienable rights were from the 'Creator' (note the capital C)... Seems to me the writers understood the same God who wrote the Bible.

    This should be fun... I have opened up a bunch of kegs of powder... <grin>
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  3. #94
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...f-in-portugal/

    It's a good read, I know it will be dismissed because its a small nation but it is a good read.
    I have a Washington (1$ bill) that says they will not listen... see my previous post...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  4. #95
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    The overwhelming support for turning a once great nation into a banana republic pseudo-socialist nightmare is absolutely indicative of the younger generations self obsession.

    Obama had mass support from College aged kids. I was surprised that anyone let alone those supposedly seeking higher education and the so called intelligencia of the Universities could be so easilly led astray by media hype.

    His election was bad in itself but what struck me was the number of people who chose to leave their brains at home and actually pulled the lever for a "community activist " with numerous links to some pretty nefarious characters including a racist anti semite preacher who he sat in front of for twenty years.

    Yes your generation is complicit and to make matters worse so completely lacking of humility that it can't own up to its own mistakes.

    A generation of people that sees no value in character, integrity, self control and who live minute by minute with only the quest of instant gratification to motivate them further.

    Sure there are exceptions but when the overwhelming response to a thread on legalization is the absolute dumbest idea predicated on some goofy conspiracy theories and profit I'm left shaking my head.

    This is how a nation dies. From the inside out.
    Ahh now I see. If everything that is wrong comes from obama, Your not at fault. Now I understand why older people are so intent on blaming everything on him when his actions are just the contiuniation of every administration since FDR.

    Obama is not the problem. People who are obsessed with football style politics are the problem. People whom think that voting for evil is ok because it's the "lesser" evil. If you voted for Bush, or Kerry, your part of the problem. Clinton, Bush, Regan, Carter, Nixon, and on and on. Not a single one of them shrunk the government. They all expanded it, and thats the problem. 100 years of expansion. With you cheering for this one and them cheering for that one. I don't want food stamps but I like the growing police state. I don't want to control drug use or social behavior but I want to save the world.

    Your generations, are the reason my generation is the way it is.

  5. #96
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    In my opinion, this is the key!

    Each of us at ARP is quite opinionated as to what we think is right and wrong. Ever wonder if one should look beyond that?

    OK, I know that is a different and potentially confusing statement... so lets examine it a bit deeper:

    On the church front:
    The Baptist Deacons in Tennessee just cannot wait for the preacher to finish so they can hustle outside and light up a smoke (they are tobacco farmers)... and you KNOW smoking and tobacco is NOT mentioned to be sin... However: They would SCREAM BLOODY MURDER if teens of opposite sexes were allowed to swim in bathing suits in the same pool (they used to call this mixed bathing). Yes, this was actually true after WW2.

    Now the Baptist Deacons in Florida will rail on and on and on about how SINFUL smoking is... yet their kids swim together in scantily clad bodies.

    Anyone see the hypocrisy here?

    It is referred to in the Bible as; 'The knowledge of good and evil' It was what God told Adam and Eve to LEAVE ALONE in the garden. Yes, to disobey God (to eat the apple) was sin... however why did God tell them to leave it alone? Was God an oger that did not want them to have any fun? No more than a healthy parent would be... remember, He is God the Father...
    Simple: God knew we were not equipped to handle that knowledge of good and evil without HIS divine guidance.

    But NOOOOOOOOOO, as usual, mankind was smarter (read that would not listen) to God... So now the human race is cursed with this attitude that causes wars, conflicts, etc.

    BS you say...

    Think with me for a minute (or longer) what the world would be like if folks did not get aggressive,combative, self-righteous, or even violent about their beliefs of right and wrong. Yeah, think about that (requires thinking outside the box).

    See what I mean?

    Now is GA saying there should be NO rules... ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!

    However the rules need to be established by a higher power than mankind. This eliminates the disagreements on what is right and wrong... and frees our minds to function... whoops, there is that freedom thingy again.

    One might note the writers of the founding documents (in this case the Declaration of Independence) said our inalienable rights were from the 'Creator' (note the capital C)... Seems to me the writers understood the same God who wrote the Bible.

    This should be fun... I have opened up a bunch of kegs of powder... <grin>
    I'm not sure if I belief that the rules need to come from a higher power, but I do think the getting your moral form people who are mostly concerned with there own personal power is pretty bad idea. I will give you this. Its a shame that people are switching their higher power from a creator type to the government.

  6. #97
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,253
    Relying on the Creator, any creator, for guidance (other than personal) and expecting anyone else to follow the same creator and interpret the bible/koran/etc the way you do is a foolhardy exercise. Anyone who does this is delusional and anyone who judges another for their belief system is a bigot AND, anyone who imposes their belief system on another person creates the mess we are in right now. We are all opinionated SOBs and that will never change so we are all doomed to argue till the cows come home.

    Those of you who think parents are the right ones to teach right and wrong to their kids ignore the simple fact that most parents are not fit to parent till long after they had the kids anyway so when it comes to drugs, sex or anything else we haven't the tools to do it properly.

    Kids start to smoke drugs because their friends do. A 13 year old couldn't care less about the law so accept the fact that it will happen, tax it, treat it the same as booze and the $1.5 trillion that went into a black hole somewhere can then go to more productive things.

  7. #98
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    S.E. Pa
    Posts
    6,128
    I am a little fatalistic in my outlook for the country and world--I think we're headed toward the end times soon. Too much strife btw Islam and the rest of the world. Too much hatred and selfishness ingrained with blacks that will ultimately lead to some level of black on white violence. All these Progressive policies have the effect of little computer viruses. They have infected every aspect of life to the point there is no way of eradicating them. Any "corrections" by the Right are mere speed bumps in that fast road to hell.

    If you want to talk about blame and the root of how the Left won the war of the minds of the ignorant masses, you need look no further than the media and press. The Left took a lesson from our founding playbook. We won the Revolutionary War because of information and communication btw the various colonies and our allies. If there were so Committees of Correspondence and Cmtes of Safety to pass word around on news, ideas, and events, we would still be British subjects. Same thing happened in 1917 when the Bolsheviks took over Russia and so on. We see it every night: the news is all about the latest incarceration of Lindsay Lohan, who wowed the audience on a talent show, and similar mindless drivel, all designed to keep the masses from the facts. Every single day there has been something controversial with this administration but I would guess 5% of it is leaked out to the public. We were shielded from vetting Obama as we still are. They are running interference for him while not asking him hard questions like the hispanic TV station did. He has not had one single old style press briefing where reporters could bust his balls and put him on the spot as was the tradition with previous administration in the last 50 yrs. Give any one of the conservatives a "Joe the Plumber" one on one with Obama and we could tear him apart. Why didn't Joe come out and exclaim, "so what you're telling us is you're a socialist!"? That wasn't the media's fault--that was Joe's fault for blinking and cowing to this unseen, unwritten special dispensation this president and all Progressives are given.

    As Ga is talking about, we've turned our backs on God and now should expect his wrath just as what happened to the Jews when Babylon enslaved them.

  8. #99
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarMike View Post
    Relying on the Creator, any creator, for guidance (other than personal) and expecting anyone else to follow the same creator and interpret the bible/koran/etc the way you do is a foolhardy exercise. Anyone who does this is delusional and anyone who judges another for their belief system is a bigot AND, anyone who imposes their belief system on another person creates the mess we are in right now. We are all opinionated SOBs and that will never change so we are all doomed to argue till the cows come home.

    Those of you who think parents are the right ones to teach right and wrong to their kids ignore the simple fact that most parents are not fit to parent till long after they had the kids anyway so when it comes to drugs, sex or anything else we haven't the tools to do it properly.

    Kids start to smoke drugs because their friends do. A 13 year old couldn't care less about the law so accept the fact that it will happen, tax it, treat it the same as booze and the $1.5 trillion that went into a black hole somewhere can then go to more productive things.

    The problem you have here though is that your now leaning on government of your sense of right and wrong. These are the same people that your saying are not fit to be parents, plus they want power, and are willing to do/say anything to get it.

    I have no idea where we should be getting our sense of right and wrong, but the government is not it, the majority is not it, I'm just cynical that way I guess. Personally I think it's up to individuals to decide on whats right and wrong. I do not need a higher power to tell me that being dependent on chemicals is wrong. People will not be right all the time, but at least your not being manipulated for someone else gain, and to be honest this is how I view government and religious organizations. I see no difference between relying on Religion or Government for your morals.

    I do agree with making it the same as alcohol, but I do think we need to ease down on the restrictions on that as well. Nations with less restrictions seem to have less problem with these substances and this applies to alcohol as well.

  9. #100
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Didn't bother reading any of this, we have been here before and not much will change. But for us that grew up in Canada in the 60's and 70's, Hinterland Who is Who resides in a soft spot in our hearts.

    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  10. #101
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    9,926
    LOL Printer, that was FUNNY.

    Yesterday I saw a biker with a leather jacket and all, nickname boldly emblazoned on it "Pincushion". Idiot. Nice looking guy in his twenties aside from the long hair-earrings-beard, riding with some fat chick on her own bike. Match made in heaven. I feel sorry for them. But I would not give either one of them a job.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

  11. #102
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    LOL Printer, that was FUNNY.

    Yesterday I saw a biker with a leather jacket and all, nickname boldly emblazoned on it "Pincushion". Idiot. Nice looking guy in his twenties aside from the long hair-earrings-beard, riding with some fat chick on her own bike. Match made in heaven. I feel sorry for them. But I would not give either one of them a job.
    Years ago the government used to do these little commercials on the CBC about some of the wildlife in Canada and . They would show clips of a Loon or something and a guy would narrate about the traits of the animal in the same vocal style as the person in this video. Seen it a number of times and still have a hard time keeping a straight face.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  12. #103
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    The problem you have here though is that your now leaning on government of your sense of right and wrong. These are the same people that your saying are not fit to be parents, plus they want power, and are willing to do/say anything to get it.

    I have no idea where we should be getting our sense of right and wrong, but the government is not it, the majority is not it, I'm just cynical that way I guess. Personally I think it's up to individuals to decide on whats right and wrong. I do not need a higher power to tell me that being dependent on chemicals is wrong. People will not be right all the time, but at least your not being manipulated for someone else gain, and to be honest this is how I view government and religious organizations. I see no difference between relying on Religion or Government for your morals.

    I do agree with making it the same as alcohol, but I do think we need to ease down on the restrictions on that as well. Nations with less restrictions seem to have less problem with these substances and this applies to alcohol as well.
    I definitely don't get MY sense of right or wrong from any government but they are supposed to get it from me (us, all of us). This is what they are supposed to be......a mirror of who we are. When you start to let a corporation have the same rights as a person, which we have done, and allow the money to talk, you get a tug of war between the corporations and the groups of people with enough sense to push for a middle road approach. Right now the corps are winning because they have the money to persuade us, whether we know it or not.

    Other than a job, the only thing a politician can look forward to, if they didn't cater to business interests, is a pension. Therefore, if they want more, some of them WILL cater to the business elite. When have you ever heard a politician push a major policy because ONE citizen came in and asked him to.......never.

    If there are big bucks to be made by private and public law enforcement types, and many others, you will not see a liberalizing of drug laws. Too much big money to be made and they listen to the big bucks. I am quite cynical about the fate of the human race right now if we cannot see right from wrong on this issue and the first thing to do is follow the money because that is where all the decisions are made.

  13. #104
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarMike View Post
    I definitely don't get MY sense of right or wrong from any government but they are supposed to get it from me (us, all of us). This is what they are supposed to be......a mirror of who we are. When you start to let a corporation have the same rights as a person, which we have done, and allow the money to talk, you get a tug of war between the corporations and the groups of people with enough sense to push for a middle road approach. Right now the corps are winning because they have the money to persuade us, whether we know it or not.

    Other than a job, the only thing a politician can look forward to, if they didn't cater to business interests, is a pension. Therefore, if they want more, some of them WILL cater to the business elite. When have you ever heard a politician push a major policy because ONE citizen came in and asked him to.......never.

    If there are big bucks to be made by private and public law enforcement types, and many others, you will not see a liberalizing of drug laws. Too much big money to be made and they listen to the big bucks. I am quite cynical about the fate of the human race right now if we cannot see right from wrong on this issue and the first thing to do is follow the money because that is where all the decisions are made.

    The problem with this outlook is that one, it requires morality from the majority, and evidence points the idea that people in groups tend to think down not up. That's a bad way to put it but I'm trying to avoid just calling it mob mentality cause that's not it either. History tends to support the idea that majority will suppress minorities simply because they can. This leads to the idea that government is always going to behave exactly as the majority does, and this is what we actually see.

    I agree with most of what you said btw, I just disagree that government will be anything more then the worst of power hungry sociopaths willing to do anything to further their own wealth and power.

    By the way, try to remember that corporate entities are actually a product of the government, and should be eliminated. They eliminate risk from the actions of the people that own, and manage business. These people should be exposed to the consequences of their actions.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event