Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    Oh wow, you really have no clue........

I threw the switch, if a million people chose to kill themselves with drugs, so, exactly the same as I said above.

Your billions spent on the war on drugs is exactly the same as the billions spent on green energy companies.

You are not keeping any of it out of the hands of kids. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH. It is exactly the same as talking to a democrat about welfare and food stamps.

I know you will just dismiss this buy http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-500368_162-4222322.html
    I understand what you're attempting to say. I understand you're not speaking from a point of intelligence, wisdom or knowledge.

So go ahead and dig up the nonexistent studies that show the effects of unleashing millions of metric tons of opiates, methamphetamines, phencyclidine, lysergic-acid-diethlymide and marijuana by legalizing drugs.

You want to point to some obscure small European Country as evidence that your assertions of safety with legalization are spot on.

That all we have to do as a Country of 350,000,000 is use the the last example of prohibition as a litmus of whats to come when we make drugs like heroin and cocain LEGAL....

Are you that simple minded ? That one dimensional intellectually ? That no other variables need to be taken into account before our Country is awash with poison and there are no laws to control its distrubition ?

Or are you so collared by your ego that no other alternative can exist other than your twisted point of view ? That legalizing all drugs is a level headed, thoughtful and a seemingly intelligent answer to our drug problem.

Oh but wait. Men and and women legislators for decades in multiple Countries have all come to the same conclusion that legalizing dangerous drugs is a bad idea with all of the access in the world to studies, literature, statistics and and proof that it's a hair-brained idea.

But a guy on the internet has figured it all out. Has access to " data " that shows its all a conspiracy or its a waste of money because the streets are already awash with massive amounts of drugs of drugs anyway what difference would a few hundred million more pounds of narcotics hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    I understand what you're attempting to say. I understand you're not speaking from a point of intelligence, wisdom or knowledge.

So go ahead and dig up the nonexistent studies that show the effects of unleashing millions of metric tons of opiates, methamphetamines, phencyclidine, lysergic-acid-diethlymide and marijuana by legalizing drugs.

You want to point to some obscure small European Country as evidence that your assertions of safety with legalization are spot on.

That all we have to do as a Country of 350,000,000 is use the the last example of prohibition as a litmus of whats to come when we make drugs like heroin and cocain LEGAL....

Are you that simple minded ? That one dimensional intellectually ? That no other variables need to be taken into account before our Country is awash with poison and there are no laws to control its distrubition ?

Or are you so collared by your ego that no other alternative can exist other than your twisted point of view ? That legalizing all drugs is a level headed, thoughtful and a seemingly intelligent answer to our drug problem.

Oh but wait. Men and and women legislators for decades in multiple Countries have all come to the same conclusion that legalizing dangerous drugs is a bad idea with all of the access in the world to studies, literature, statistics and and proof that it's a hair-brained idea.

But a guy on the internet has figured it all out. Has access to " data " that shows its all a conspiracy or its a waste of money because the streets are already awash with massive amounts of drugs of drugs anyway what difference would a few hundred million more pounds of narcotics hurt.
    To be fair, the legalize MJ movement is a little larger than a guy on the internet, there are some politicians to date that support it.

It's a hard choice...I don't want my kids smoking pot, but honestly, if they are going to get it...which they will if they want it, I would rather them get it from somewhere that has regulations on how much THC can be allowed, stating that it is pure...not laced with other drugs. Honestly, this war on drugs has done nothing but spend trillions of tax payers dollars, and ruined millions of lives by putting the mark of a criminal on kids who may have just been trying to make friends. I'm sorry but if my child smokes weed, sure they may be lazy slackers who have few morals, but at least they wouldn't be damned the rest of their entire lives to working mediocre jobs, and humility of being called a criminal.

What's bad is kids who can't get pot since it's illegal are turning to things they can get, like bath salts...which if you read up on it is a very bad thing. There is another thing people do to get around the law...it's called jenkums...look it up.

On the other hand, I don't want anyone on drugs, I think they are bad for you and kill your drive, at least that's what happened to me...but can I speak for everyone? Can I tell you that pot is bad for you and that you shouldn't smoke it? No I can't.

Uncle Milty has a rather unconventional approach to the drug problem but you need to watch this then reflect on what he says. He's not just talking about the war on drugs but on the effect of governmental interference in all aspects of our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    To be fair, the legalize MJ movement is a
    little larger than a guy on the internet, there are some politicians to date that support it.

It's a hard choice...I don't want my kids smoking pot, but honestly, if they are going to get it...which they will if they want it, I would rather them get it from somewhere that has regulations on how much THC can be allowed, stating that it is pure...not laced with other drugs. Honestly, this war on drugs has done nothing but spend trillions of tax payers dollars, and ruined millions of lives by putting the mark of a criminal on kids who may have just been trying to make friends. I'm sorry but if my child smokes weed, sure they may be lazy slackers who have few morals, but at least they wouldn't be damned the rest of their entire lives to working mediocre jobs, and humility of being called a criminal.

What's bad is kids who can't get pot since it's illegal are turning to things they can get, like bath salts...which if you read up on it is a very bad thing. There is another thing people do to get around the law...it's called jenkums...look it up.

On the other hand, I don't want anyone on drugs, I think they are bad for you and kill your drive, at least that's what happened to me...but can I speak for everyone? Can I tell you that pot is bad for you and that you shouldn't smoke it? No I can't.
    I CAN tell you pot is bad and any one who choses to suck into their lungs SMOKE !!!!! ( prople actually DIE from smoke inhalation ) and chemicals that pass the blood brain barrier and change the bodies countless chemical processes that regulate everything from heart rate to testosterone is basically delving into self destructive behaviour.

From a purely psuedo scientific standpoint its counter productive. If our bodies were meant to inhale smoke and dangerous chemicals there would no doubt be built into us a better filtration protection than just nose hairs and lung cilia.

So yes you CAN tell people its bad for them. Its obvious its bad for them as their bodies react to a big hit by coughing out phlegm and ash and unburned pieces of marijauna.

I CAN tell you pot is bad and any one who choses to suck into their lungs SMOKE !!!!! ( prople actually DIE from smoke inhalation ) and chemicals that pass the blood brain barrier and change the bodies countless chemical processes that regulate everything from heart rate to testosterone is basically delving into self destructive behaviour.

From a purely psuedo scientific standpoint its counter productive. If our bodies were meant to inhale smoke and dangerous chemicals there would no doubt be built into us a better filtration protection than just nose hairs and lung cilia.

So yes you CAN tell people its bad for them. Its obvious its bad for them as their bodies react to a big hit by coughing out phlegm and ash and unburned pieces of marijauna.
    Wish GA had time to get in on this... however other things call...

Us that smoked tobacco... well we did not exactly do ourselves much good... GA is almost 60, he smoked tobacco and did a little pot... GA turned out all-right...

Might listen to Milton Friedman... guy is SMART... and will stir the grey cells if one is open to thinking.

May catch up this evening.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

I like Mr Friedman but I can tell you the techs that work for us that smoke have a hell of a time keeping up with Mr Six on a hot summer day in Houston and I'm 43.

They have to take numerous "breathers" and swear their fine aftrr scaling a 40 ft access ladder and turning several shades of green.

My point being is its obviously bad for you and I can also spot the contract guys who smoke dope in a second.

Its a game I like to call "in 10 words or less"

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    but can I speak for everyone? Can I tell you that pot is bad for you and that you shouldn't smoke it? No I can't.

I will say that. Makes you lazy and it drops your IQ if you are a teenager and start smoking it. Thank you very much

"In a study of more than 1,000 adolescents in New Zealand, those who began habitually smoking marijuana before age 18 showed an eight-point drop in IQ between the ages of 13 and 38, a considerable decline.
    The average IQ is 100 points. A drop of eight points represents a fall from the 50th percentile to the 29th percentile in terms of intelligence."

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2...urt-future-iq/
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."
    Barry Goldwater

Hearthman, Great Video! But then I studied Economics in college, so it's how I'm fundamentally oriented.
    Exposes a lot of hypocrisy. I don't see how his argument can be logically defeated. Moral problem criminalized, causing an additional 10,000 deaths a year. Disgraceful to criminalize people who chose to take a personal health risk. Overeating should then be made illegal.

I don't smoke, but know a lot of people who do. I don't drink either, but I know a lot of people who do that too. I just don't get how one can be legal and the other not.

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post

Uncle Milty has a rather unconventional approach to the drug problem but you need to watch this then reflect on what he says. He's not just talking about the war on drugs but on the effect of governmental interference in all aspects of our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    I will say that. Makes you lazy and it drops your IQ if you are a teenager and start smoking it. Thank you very much

"In a study of more than 1,000 adolescents in New Zealand, those who began habitually smoking marijuana before age 18 showed an eight-point drop in IQ between the ages of 13 and 38, a considerable decline.
    The average IQ is 100 points. A drop of eight points represents a fall from the 50th percentile to the 29th percentile in terms of intelligence."

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2...urt-future-iq/
    Glennac, It's raining outside.

Not sure what either of these facts have to do with the war on drugs, or marijuana legalization...
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

I like Mr Friedman but I can tell you the techs that work for us that smoke have a hell of a time keeping up with Mr Six on a hot summer day in Houston and I'm 43.

They have to take numerous "breathers" and swear their fine aftrr scaling a 40 ft access ladder and turning several shades of green.

My point being is its obviously bad for you and I can also spot the contract guys who smoke dope in a second.

Its a game I like to call "in 10 words or less"

They should be fired. I'm have no problem what so ever with employers discriminating based on drug use. It's their choice to do drugs, it's their responsibility to deal with the consequences. Very basic conservative principle. I know, I know, its one dimentianal.

You know what, it comes down to one thing. People have the right consume what they want, as long as it is not harming others. You do not have a say in a business transaction between two adults.

Quote Originally Posted by tedkidd View Post
    Hearthman, Great Video! But then I studied Economics in college, so it's how I'm fundamentally oriented.
    Exposes a lot of hypocrisy. I don't see how his argument can be logically defeated. Moral problem criminalized, causing an additional 10,000 deaths a year. Disgraceful to criminalize people who chose to take a personal health risk. Overeating should then be made illegal.

I don't smoke, but know a lot of people who do. I don't drink either, but I know a lot of people who do that too. I just don't get how one can be legal and the other not.

Glennac, It's raining outside.

Not sure what either of these facts have to do with the war on drugs, or marijuana legalization...
    Very funny teddy, I guess the loss of an average of 8 IQ points by teenagers who smoke pot means nothing to you and should not be brought up in the debate on legalizing pot.

Perhaps we should only bring up your "points" promoting pot use? That is the question.

The study also showed that if you never smoked pot your IQ actually raised one point. That would be me thank you. Sorry I can't agree with you here. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."
    Barry Goldwater

Hypocrisy, a person on the internet who regularly screams about Men and women legislators, in multiple countries, who decide whats best for their citizens, including healthcare, food stamps, and welfare, using those same people as a defense of his support of the drug war.

Those people support the war on drugs for the same reason they support all the other centralized movements, because it increases their own power and wealth. Do you have any idea how much money the local, state, and federal government rakes in due to asset forfeiture actions. No these people are just acting for everyones best interests, just like Barack Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Very funny teddy, I guess the loss of an average of 8 IQ points by teenagers who smoke pot means nothing to you and should not be brought up in the debate on legalizing pot.

Perhaps we should only bring up your "points" promoting pot use? That is the question.

The study also showed that if you never smoked pot your IQ actually raised one point. That would be me thank you. Sorry I can't agree with you here. Thank you very much
    It happens whether or not the drugs are legal Glen. If the war on drugs had any evidence to support its continued existence I would not be supportive getting rid of it, but it's exactly like other social programs, such as food stamps, medicaid, and welfare. It just teaches people to be dependent on the government for their ideas of right and wrong. I thought parents where supposed to teach their children stuff like that not the government. I don't think anyone is suggesting that its not bad for you.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...f-in-portugal/

It's a good read, I know it will be dismissed because its a small nation but it is a good read.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast