Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast
    Elf no way there would be less lives lost if all drugs were legal and BTW who's dying now ? Gang members from the cartels ? Some strung out ex-rock star ?Your willing to trade their lives for millions of innocent lives ?

Truth is if you're not strong enough in your convictions to throw that proverbial switch then why debate about it ?

I mean we're spending billions on scam greeen energy companies, printing billions to buy the product of peoples bad decisions, spending billions to prop up unions and their pensions.

Spending billions to keep as much poison out of the hands of kids doesnt sound like a bad deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    Elf no way there would be less lives lost if all drugs were legal and BTW who's dying now ? Gang members from the cartels ? Some strung out ex-rock star ?Your willing to trade their lives for millions of innocent lives ?

Truth is if you're not strong enough in your convictions to throw that proverbial switch then why debate about it ?

I mean we're spending billions on scam greeen energy companies, printing billions to buy the product of peoples bad decisions, spending billions to prop up unions and their pensions.

Spending billions to keep as much poison out of the hands of kids doesnt sound like a bad deal.
    Oh wow, you really have no clue........

I threw the switch, if a million people chose to kill themselves with drugs, so, exactly the same as I said above.

Your billions spent on the war on drugs is exactly the same as the billions spent on green energy companies.

You are not keeping any of it out of the hands of kids. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH. It is exactly the same as talking to a democrat about welfare and food stamps.

I know you will just dismiss this buy http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-500368_162-4222322.html

Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    Oh wow, you really have no clue........

I threw the switch, if a million people chose to kill themselves with drugs, so, exactly the same as I said above.

Your billions spent on the war on drugs is exactly the same as the billions spent on green energy companies.

You are not keeping any of it out of the hands of kids. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH. It is exactly the same as talking to a democrat about welfare and food stamps.

I know you will just dismiss this buy http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-500368_162-4222322.html

Classic disagreement here... will be interesting to read.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post

Classic disagreement here... will be interesting to read.
    The frustrating thing is that I can actually dig up studies showing the drug usage levels in countries like this one and ones where they treat it as a health problem and it is clear which approach works better, but know that it will be all dismissed. I mean it should be pretty easy to look at prohibition and see the parallels with the war on drugs. History, repeating over and over, and people bury their head in the sand to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    The frustrating thing is that I can actually dig up studies showing the drug usage levels in countries like this one and ones where they treat it as a health problem and it is clear which approach works better, but know that it will be all dismissed. I mean it should be pretty easy to look at prohibition and see the parallels with the war on drugs. History, repeating over and over, and people bury their head in the sand to it.
    IMO, it is something about parenting... When folks have young kids at home... for some reason they get SOOO protective they loose their rational common sense.

I agree with good parenting... however it seems sometimes they go to extremes.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

they will NEVER legalize MJ!!!!!!!

think about this!

tens of millions of Americans smoke pot!
    probably over 100 million?

if you smoke a joint and 29 days later get seriousle injured at work, workers comp does not cover you, short and long term does not cover you and your insurance legally can not cover you if it happens at work!

there are Billions$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ of workers comp claims denied due to THC!

do you honestly believe they are going to let you legalize pot?

what are you going to do with all the prisons?????

what are you going to do with all the prison gaurds??????

what are you going to do with all the unemployed prosecutors???

Judges??????

sherriffs????????

police????????

fbi????????????

dea?????????????

drug rehab clinics????????

you would bankrupt insurance companies overnight and put 50 million cops and judges out of work!

not gonna happen!!!!!!!!!!
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

Supertek, special interests/self interest is definitely an impediment.

IMO, it is something about parenting... When folks have young kids at home... for some reason they get SOOO protective they loose their rational common sense.

I agree with good parenting... however it seems sometimes they go to extremes.
    "I don't want my kids doing any of the crazy shirt I did"

Sure, it helped me learn. And I probably learned more from the mistakes than from what I'd did right, but my kids will just listen and learn from what they're told...
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

Quote Originally Posted by tedkidd View Post
    Supertek, special interests/self interest is definitely an impediment.

"I don't want my kids doing any of the crazy shirt I did"

Sure, it helped me learn. And I probably learned more from the mistakes than from what I'd did right, but my kids will just listen and learn from what they're told...
    Would you have listened and learned on the sidelines?

My almost 60 years of observation says folks who just watch... do not grow.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post

think about this!

tens of millions of Americans smoke pot!
    probably over 100 million?

if you smoke a joint and 29 days later get seriousle injured at work, workers comp does not cover you, short and long term does not cover you and your insurance legally can not cover you if it happens at work!

there are Billions$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ of workers comp claims denied due to THC!

do you honestly believe they are going to let you legalize pot?

what are you going to do with all the prisons?????

what are you going to do with all the prison gaurds??????

what are you going to do with all the unemployed prosecutors???

Judges??????

sherriffs????????

police????????

fbi????????????

dea?????????????

drug rehab clinics????????

you would bankrupt insurance companies overnight and put 50 million cops and judges out of work!

You are probably right... however it would be a public service to get all those govt employees doing something productive... <grin>
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are probably right... however it would be a public service to get all those govt employees doing something productive... <grin>
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

The THC/ Workers Comp conflict is one motivation to become self employed. ;-)

Making drugs illegal has evolved into an excuse for being irresponsible and making poor choices in life. It has become a 'disease' which therefore needs tax dollars, sympathy and empathy to treat, deal with and work around. All this rewards the offender with special treatment and special dispensations sometimes to get out of trouble simply by entering rehab, which has become the new get out of jail free card. The bottom line is, people are not held accountable for damages incurred as a direct result of their usage of controlled substances. If you want to legalize drugs, do it as Milton Friedman suggested: make it a legal commodity, tax and regulate interstate commerce just like any other commodity. Then, if someone abuses it, they pay the consequences.

I can buy corn and do with what I like, right? Can I use it to make a mash and brew moonshine? Not legally. I have a choice what to do with corn I buy. I can cook it for food, I can burn it in my pellet stove for heat, I can feed it to livestock, I can use it to media blast rusty metal and a lot of other responsible choices. However, if I make moonshine that, when consumed, results in damages to property or personl injury, I should be held responsible to the extent I was comparatively negligent. The farmer who sold the corn no longer had it under his direct control so he should not be helf liable. The guy who drank the booze should be. He did not have to drink it, he knew drinking it would impair his judgement and reflexes which could result in someone or something being damaged yet he made an educated choice to drink anyway. The problem in this country is, the drunk is not held responsible for damages he causes. I don't give a hoot if someone sits at home drinking booze, smoking pot, shooting heroin or dropping acid. I have a problem with those same people the moment they get up and enter the public or do something that injures people or property. Our society would never do it but if we legalized all drugs but enforced severe penalties, both civil and criminal for problems resulting from use, then most of the negative attributes to drugs would fade away. You'll always have a small hardcore group of lost souls who will rot their lives away but if they do it in the middle of the desert, who cares? Do it in my town and hit my daughter and you'll find out how swift vengeance is. God may judge them but I would make the arrangements for the court date.

This is a tactic of the left... to confuse the facts of what is labelled what.

Conservative is LESS government and more freedom. Now tell me how that fits with China, Hitler, or Stalin?

And NO, more control is NOT conservative... that is a lie.

Tactic of the left. Guess what genius, what you wrote is nothing but a tactic and not a very good one.
    Get real! No you lie. How's that feel. It's all about control on both sides but the cons win with their name calling and thug mentality. There is little in the conservative agenda that speaks of the freedoms liberals want only what they want. You say your involved in some religion. How free is that? If any group suffer from being control freaks it's the religious.
    Conservatives are about control and I can understand why a person like you would deny it. Just listen to the right media. There is nothing even clost to it's vomit on the left.
    Tracers work both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post

If it happens it will be because we can no longer afford to keep it illegal.
    Tracers work both ways.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast