Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Results 183 to 195 of 271
  1. #183
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Paper Street Soap Company
    Posts
    2,304
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Not to trivialize it, but almost any decision a
    government does will cost a life one way or the other.
    I understand that printer but how is that relevant to fast and furious ?

    People should be accountable for their actions.

    The poster asserted foolishly that the Conservatives were behind the Cartels without posting any credible evidence.

    A mistake when I attend these forums.

  2. #184
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    I understand that printer but how is that relevant to fast and furious ?

    People should be accountable for their actions.

    The poster asserted foolishly that the Conservatives were behind the Cartels without posting any credible evidence.

    A mistake when I attend these forums.
    If the government made every decision based on not one person getting hurt they would not be able to do anything. Not saying whether fast and furious was a good idea or not or ran properly, just that to hold up one death and say 'See!' gets to me the same as all those liberal feel-gooders that say it does not matter how much it costs, if it saves one life it is worth it.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  3. #185
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    9,982
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    If the government made every decision based on not one person getting hurt they would not be able to do anything. Not saying whether fast and furious was a good idea or not or ran properly, just that to hold up one death and say 'See!' gets to me the same as all those liberal feel-gooders that say it does not matter how much it costs, if it saves one life it is worth it.
    Fast and Furious killed more than one person.

    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...urious-Weapons

    I tend to agree that one person or two might be expendable if we can track one or two guns to some cartel for some valuable information. Hundreds of guns, maybe hundreds of murders, And please tell me what valuable information did we gain?

    Fiasco.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

  4. #186
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Fast and Furious killed more than one person.

    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...urious-Weapons

    I tend to agree that one person or two might be expendable if we can track one or two guns to some cartel for some valuable information. Hundreds of guns, maybe hundreds of murders, And please tell me what valuable information did we gain?

    Fiasco.
    Not really saying one or two people are expendable but stuff happens. Sometime wrong decisions are a learning experience. In WWII the Battle of Dieppe where 6000 Canadians tried to take the port over half were killed wounded or captured. But the lessons learned were used in the planing of D-Day. Sometimes you have to take a wrong tern to realize not to go down that street again.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  5. #187
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Not really saying one or two people are expendable but stuff happens. Sometime wrong decisions are a learning experience. In WWII the Battle of Dieppe where 6000 Canadians tried to take the port over half were killed wounded or captured. But the lessons learned were used in the planing of D-Day. Sometimes you have to take a wrong tern to realize not to go down that street again.
    It would be nice if the governments of the world where compent enough to apply what we learned from prohabition to the war on drugs. It's all governments, go down the same street again and again. Maybe it's the human race that can't see to grasp the idea to leave others alone unless they are directly harming someone else.

  6. #188
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    9,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    It would be nice if the governments of the world where compent enough to apply what we learned from prohabition to the war on drugs. It's all governments, go down the same street again and again. Maybe it's the human race that can't see to grasp the idea to leave others alone unless they are directly harming someone else.

    You got that right.

    I would say if you are operating a meth lab in your garage, you are probably directly hurting others. That junk always gets sold to kids, and it harms the community in general with nutzo meth-heads capable of any crime imaginable. Same for 'bath salts' drug. AKA the 'face eating zombie drug'.

    Of course, someone smoking a joint on their porch is not really harming anyone at all. They should be left alone. The war on drugs may be valid, but the war on MJ in my opinion is an exercise in foolishness.

    FWIW I do not touch the stuff, did in high-school.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

  7. #189
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,961
    For legalization to work... the safety net for irresponsible choices and behavior has to go. If one has to pay the price of an inferior life due to blown brain-cells... they will think twice. If, OTOH, one can live on the govt dole (and better than a lot of taxpayers who are supporting the one living on the dole)... then where is the incentive to not do drugs?

    Personally, GA thinks we should legalize pot in small quantities. All hard drugs should carry a death penalty (to the seller) for sale of more than one once to anyone... NO exceptions.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  8. #190
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    You got that right.

    I would say if you are operating a meth lab in your garage, you are probably directly hurting others. That junk always gets sold to kids, and it harms the community in general with nutzo meth-heads capable of any crime imaginable. Same for 'bath salts' drug. AKA the 'face eating zombie drug'.

    Of course, someone smoking a joint on their porch is not really harming anyone at all. They should be left alone. The war on drugs may be valid, but the war on MJ in my opinion is an exercise in foolishness.

    FWIW I do not touch the stuff, did in high-school.
    Meth labs in a garage only exist because of the war on drugs. Much like alchol, when something is prohibidited people find ways to make smaller amounts of it with more kick. This can be seen during prohibition. Before prohibition most drinking was done socially, and was stuff like beer, or ale, during prohibition hard alchol, came into its own due to the greater ease of transportation, ease of concelment. We can also thank prohibition for the invention of the cocktail, to make drinking hard liquir easier.

    The problem with prohibiting any drug by the state is that it drives the profit margin through the roof, and it does not matter the consquence of the action if caught either, there is always going to be someone who thinks they can make an easy buck, and will escape detection.

    If you want to eliminate drug use for the majority of people you decriminilize it, not legalize it, and treat it the exact same way we treat alchol.

    One thing we need for people to understand, Alchol is just as bad for you as cocain, or meth. It makes you stupid and violent.

  9. #191
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    HMG! (Holder Must Go!), only in ARP, the DNC or Canada would anyone try to justify something as stupid as the Fast and Furious program by saying that people die when other government decisions are made.

    There is no justification for Fast and Furious! There is no justification for all of the people who have been murdered with guns that the U.S. government provided to the bad guys. All of those people people are dead because a bunch of leftist facists tried a really stupid thing in order to attempt to more heavily regulate guns in the U.S.

    The only thing more pathetic is for someone to claim there was justification for Fast and Furious while displaying guns that they can't even use as their avatar.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  10. #192
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    Meth labs in a garage only exist because of the war on drugs. Much like alchol, when something is prohibidited people find ways to make smaller amounts of it with more kick. This can be seen during prohibition. Before prohibition most drinking was done socially, and was stuff like beer, or ale, during prohibition hard alchol, came into its own due to the greater ease of transportation, ease of concelment. We can also thank prohibition for the invention of the cocktail, to make drinking hard liquir easier.

    The problem with prohibiting any drug by the state is that it drives the profit margin through the roof, and it does not matter the consquence of the action if caught either, there is always going to be someone who thinks they can make an easy buck, and will escape detection.

    If you want to eliminate drug use for the majority of people you decriminilize it, not legalize it, and treat it the exact same way we treat alchol.

    One thing we need for people to understand, Alchol is just as bad for you as cocain, or meth. It makes you stupid and violent.
    As much as it makes me feel dirty to do so, I have to agree with elfy on this one.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  11. #193
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    HMG! (Holder Must Go!), only in ARP, the DNC or Canada would anyone try to justify something as stupid as the Fast and Furious program by saying that people die when other government decisions are made.

    There is no justification for Fast and Furious! There is no justification for all of the people who have been murdered with guns that the U.S. government provided to the bad guys. All of those people people are dead because a bunch of leftist facists tried a really stupid thing in order to attempt to more heavily regulate guns in the U.S.

    The only thing more pathetic is for someone to claim there was justification for Fast and Furious while displaying guns that they can't even use as their avatar.
    And, this is exactly the argument I made against US foreign policy, since the 80's, because dictators and orginizations we trained and supplied are using weapons and knowlege supplied by the USA to kill our citizens and soldiers.

  12. #194
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    As much as it makes me feel dirty to do so, I have to agree with elfy on this one.
    Out of curiosity, what makes you feel dirty to be agreeing with me?

  13. #195
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    Out of curiosity, what makes you feel dirty to be agreeing with me?
    LOL! Just pulling your chain because we don't see eye to eye on a lot of things.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event