Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    THAT WAS GREAT ROY!!!! KUDOS!!
    Wow! I did not expect you to be someone who feels you have the right to decide what others have a right to like or not like.

What do you like? Do you collect anything? What if I were to post that you have no right to like what you like? What would you think of me?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post

And another fascist minded attitude pokes its nose into the lives of others.
    Huh?

Wow! I did not expect you to be someone who feels you have the right to decide what others have a right to like or not like.

What do you like? Do you collect anything? What if I were to post that you have no right to like what you like? What would you think of me?
    No offense intended Robo. If someone likes collecting guns as an art or whatever I am okay with that. Me and Roy just had a connection because we see guns as a tool. Just another tool. I like all tools. Chainsaws are the only tool that I am afraid of. I like them too, but they do scare me a little.

You can collect guns as an art form, or a personal arsenal, I am okay with either and it is none of my business. For me, a gun is simply a tool.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Huh?
    Robo has developed automated rapid-fire posting comments. If you say "indeed", nine times out of ten you are a fascists of some sort so you become downwind of such comments. I got hit too, we are all in this together.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

No offense intended Robo. If someone likes collecting guns as an art or whatever I am okay with that. Me and Roy just had a connection because we see guns as a tool. Just another tool. I like all tools. Chainsaws are the only tool that I am afraid of. I like them too, but they do scare me a little.

You can collect guns as an art form, or a personal arsenal, I am okay with either and it is none of my business. For me, a gun is simply a tool.
    I figured that would be more your attitude. I also consider guns mainly as tools, but as tools for not only defense but also for entertainment. I like target shooting.

I agree with you on chain saws. I use one regularly, and I am very respectful of it.

OK, I can see your point on my rapid fire responses. I'm also just as quick to say I misunderstood though. In A-student's case though, he is so much of a leftist, I can more easily believe he is like other leftists who think they have some sort of right to tell others how we can live.

OK, I can see your point on my rapid fire responses. I'm also just as quick to say I misunderstood though. In A-student's case though, he is so much of a leftist, I can more easily believe he is like other leftists who think they have some sort of right to tell others how we can live.
    I think Astudent is a younger fellow, he is not hangin' wit da boyz, he is here talking with us men. I don't think he is so much a leftist, as he is just kicking around ideas. Devil's advocate sometimes to see where it leads maybe. I am willing to cut him some slack based on his youth and his willingness to come here and post candidly as he does, fully knowing he is going to get his head slapped from time to time. That takes courage. If he is a leftist, we cannot do anything for him anyway. But if he is or becomes a rightist, he might become one of our best and brightest some day.

Apologies A if I mis-represented you.

I think Astudent is a younger fellow, he is not hangin' wit da boyz, he is here talking with us men. I don't think he is so much a leftist, as he is just kicking around ideas. Devil's advocate sometimes to see where it leads maybe. I am willing to cut him some slack based on his youth and his willingness to come here and post candidly as he does, fully knowing he is going to get his head slapped from time to time. That takes courage. If he is a leftist, we cannot do anything for him anyway. But if he is or becomes a rightist, he might become one of our best and brightest some day.

I can't disagree with your assessment. As you know, I wouldn't bother ragging on Astud if I didn't think he had potential. And when I spew out the leftist slurs, ya'll need to keep in mind that I was quite the righteous, long haired, commune dwelling hippie back in my youth.

I can't disagree with your assessment. As you know, I wouldn't bother ragging on Astud if I didn't think he had potential. And when I spew out the leftist slurs, ya'll need to keep in mind that I was quite the righteous, long haired, commune dwelling hippie back in my youth.
    Churchill said it in modern history, I am sure (like all other polecats) he stole this from someone else:

If you are not a liberal when you are young, you have no heart... however: If you do not grow to become a conservative, you have no brains.

Now we all have seen many an example (in lots of different aged bodies) of that lack of growth... ... MeThinks A-student will grow in his time. Meanwhile, a guiding hand, along with the appropriate amount of manly ragging, should cause the process to happen as it should... <grin>
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Yes A's got potential. Its up to the right thinking posters here to plant seeds of logic and truth and get him to pick a side.The right side.

I get the impression he's center left and will eventually mature into a good Conservative one day.

Conservatives are made not born as humans predisposition to agree with liberal concepts fall by the way side with the addition of knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    Yes A's got potential. Its up to the right thinking posters here to plant seeds of logic and truth and get him to pick a side.The right side.

I get the impression he's center left and will eventually mature into a good Conservative one day.

Conservatives are made not born as humans predisposition to agree with liberal concepts fall by the way side with the addition of knowledge.
    In GA's maybe and sometimes not soo humble attitude... the process is called maturing. One can see it happening as the lad quits chasing teenage and college things... and starts thinking. Another thing is the lack of reactionary responses... rather thoughtful responses.

Life experience tends to teach lessons we really cannot learn from anywhere else.

Just a thought: The more each of us befriends A... nurturing the process of understanding... the better A will be equipped to live life. This is what a community of MEN give to the youth growing up.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Run! AStudent, RUN!!
    Tracers work both ways.

OK everybody,
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast