Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    You all speak of government power, and while I agree with some of you, Fox news made a good point last night.

The United States was the pioneer of government in which the office holders willingly hand over their power once their jobs are done.
    Of course, most of them don't willing hand over power at all. They hold onto it for as long as possible, using it to obtain obseen ammounts of wealth, then obtain more power and wealth as lobbyiest. They never really give up their power.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post

Of course, most of them don't willing hand over power at all. They hold onto it for as long as possible, using it to obtain obseen ammounts of wealth, then obtain more power and wealth as lobbyiest. They never really give up their power.
    While this is true, they are not spilling blood over it, much easier to overthrow a president than a dictator.

While this is true, they are not spilling blood over it, much easier to overthrow a president than a dictator.
    The one thing you have to be careful of though is a president becoming a dictator. The more power that is centralized the closer this danger becomes. This is why a lot of people fear the ever growing power of the federal government. This is the fear that drove the second ammendment to the constitution.

The one thing you have to be careful of though is a president becoming a dictator. The more power that is centralized the closer this danger becomes. This is why a lot of people fear the ever growing power of the federal government. This is the fear that drove the second ammendment to the constitution.
    They will never do away with the second amendment, there are too many of us that would go to war over such a thing.

Personally I don't like guns, can use them effectively just don't like them.

They will never do away with the second amendment, there are too many of us that would go to war over such a thing.

Personally I don't like guns, can use them effectively just don't like them.
    Guns are not something one is suppose to like or dislike, yes I know there are some who are a bit wacky about guns, its a tool to be used just like any other.

I dont like hammers either, but if I need a nail to be put in, I use my hammer tool.

And just like a hammer, we all should have a weapon of one sort or another, for one never knows when one needs to nail someone...grin.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post

Guns are not something one is suppose to like or dislike, yes I know there are some who are a bit wacky about guns, its a tool to be used just like any other.

I dont like hammers either, but if I need a nail to be put in, I use my hammer tool.

And just like a hammer, we all should have a weapon of one sort or another, for one never knows when one needs to nail someone...grin.

Roy
    Indeed.

To do that you would need to do something neither side wants. Competely shut down the federal government. Both sides use it for their own power and neither will give it up. Neo-cons, and progressives love it to much.
    Disagree... There are lots of things the federal govt does which are legitimate... providing a free ride for slouchers is not one of them.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Roy

THAT WAS GREAT ROY!!!! KUDOS!!
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Disagree... There are lots of things the federal govt does which are legitimate... providing a free ride for slouchers is not one of them.

And this is exactly what I mean. Neither side is willing to lessen the power of the federal government one bit because it will effect things they believe are the legitimate issues, but we have reached the point where it's so large that the only way to do something about it you would need to basicaly start over.

And this is exactly what I mean. Neither side is willing to lessen the power of the federal government one bit because it will effect things they believe are the legitimate issues, but we have reached the point where it's so large that the only way to do something about it you would need to basicaly start over.
    So how about we go back to the founding documents of the country and limit the federal govt to what the founders believed was enough? After all... the country was formed to get out from under a tyrannical rule... yet in less than 250 years we have created that same tyrannical rule. Seems we have evidence right here the founders knew something we seem to have forgotten. Maybe we should listen to them?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    So how about we go back to the founding documents of the country and limit the federal govt to what the founders believed was enough? After all... the country was formed to get out from under a tyrannical rule... yet in less than 250 years we have created that same tyrannical rule. Seems we have evidence right here the founders knew something we seem to have forgotten. Maybe we should listen to them?
    I believe it was Benjam Franklin that on being asked what form of government they had created replied, A republic, if you can keep it.

You do know that if we did that, we would have to get rid of our standing armys because the constition pretty clearly limits how long we can have one for. It's the reason they have to pass a bill for funding every year.

Roy
    What makes you think you have the right to determine what others can like or not like? I don't get the intrique that some have with guns, but I do accept that they have every right to enjoy guns, gun collecting and gun shooting. Someones likes or dislikes are not subject to critique by others. Those who pass judgement on the likes and dislikes of others have a fascist minded attitude.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Indeed.
    And another fascist minded attitude pokes its nose into the lives of others.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast