Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111415161718192021
    Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    Ok then, point to the non-existant "statistics" and data that shows a society flooded with drugs is safer than a society that has laws that control their distrubition.

The argument advocating for legalization can be applied to just about any other criminal conduct.

YES it cost money to enforce laws, so what.

I have every right to raise my kids in a society NOt awash with drug addicts.

And No its not already like that, not in the
    Yes....it is already like that....what you're not taking into consideration are the millions of people on legal drugs prescribed by doctors. This "medicine" is just as bad for you if not worse than the crap handed out on the street corners. All you gotta do to believe that is listen to a drug commercial.

I think you are motivated by fear, fear that the boogeyman is gonna get ya....so your willing to throw unlimited amounts of tax payers dollars at the problem, all the while condemning spending tax payers dollars.

No amount of money is going to protect you from the boogeyman...if he wants you he will get you.

Huge military, huge police force, huge prisons, huge debt....all stem from fear.

Ok then, point to the non-existant "statistics" and data that shows a society flooded with drugs is safer than a society that has laws that control their distrubition.

The argument advocating for legalization can be applied to just about any other criminal conduct.

Wow, its like a rant from a democrat about their social safty nets.

Look at it the other way six. Can you point to any data what so ever that shows the war on drugs doing anything to keep society from being from being awash in drug addicts. Every peice of data I see shows us pooring massive amounts of money into a problem with no effect what so ever. It's actually having the oppisite effect because it makes dealing drugs more profitable and thus raises the eccentives into entering in the drug business.

It's the same exact problem we have with pooring money into education, welfare, healthcare, or any of the liberal safty nets. The data says they don't work, and the data says the drug war/prohibition does not work. It makes it worse.

Lets be alittle more blunt. Just like people don't have the right to other peoples property just because they feel they need it, you don't have the right to ruin peoples lifes to protect your kids. You don't actually have the right to raise your kids in a society not awash with drug addicts. You do have the right to raise them properly so they don't do drugs. It's not the governments roll to supply children with morality, its yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post

Wow, its like a rant from a democrat about their social safty nets.

Look at it the other way six. Can you point to any data what so ever that shows the war on drugs doing anything to keep society from being from being awash in drug addicts. Every peice of data I see shows us pooring massive amounts of money into a problem with no effect what so ever. It's actually having the oppisite effect because it makes dealing drugs more profitable and thus raises the eccentives into entering in the drug business.

It's the same exact problem we have with pooring money into education, welfare, healthcare, or any of the liberal safty nets. The data says they don't work, and the data says the drug war/prohibition does not work. It makes it worse.

Lets be alittle more blunt. Just like people don't have the right to other peoples property just because they feel they need it, you don't have the right to ruin peoples lifes to protect your kids. You don't actually have the right to raise your kids in a society not awash with drug addicts. You do have the right to raise them properly so they don't do drugs. It's not the governments roll to supply children with morality, its yours.
    Nice post.

There are absolutely no statistics that show decriminalizing the use of drugs creates "a society flooded with drugs" but check this out:
    http://www.time.com/time/health/arti...893946,00.html
    How can you compare a crime against ones self where there is no victim to a crime committed against another person?
    The argument is not so much about the cost to enforce drug laws as it is the failure to show that all the years of enforcement have had any positive effect at all on our society.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    An engineer designs what he would never work on.
    A technician works on what he would never design.

Society is already flooded with drugs because of how lucrative the drug industry is. Not only are drugs desired for their effect, but also for the thrill of doing something "wrong" that does not harm anyone else. Along with our being flooded with drugs, we are aiding and abetting organized crime while also causing otherwise good citizens to also be criminals.

Just compare drug usage with alcohol usage and then compare drugs being illegal to prohibition. Making alcohol illegal also aided and abetted organized crime, which thrived as long as alcohol was illegal. Prohibition also caused otherwise good Americans to be criminals....just as drugs being illegal do today.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Yes....it is already like that....what you're not taking into consideration are the millions of people on legal drugs prescribed by doctors. This "medicine" is just as bad for you if not worse than the crap handed out on the street corners. All you gotta do to believe that is listen to a drug commercial.

I think you are motivated by fear, fear that the boogeyman is gonna get ya....so your willing to throw unlimited amounts of tax payers dollars at the problem, all the while condemning spending tax payers dollars.

No amount of money is going to protect you from the boogeyman...if he wants you he will get you.

Huge military, huge police force, huge prisons, huge debt....all stem from fear.
    You are absolutely correct. Controlling the populace by keeping us in a constant state of fear is a very popular method for fascist leaders to employ. In the case of drugs, I'd have to say that both liberal and conservative leaders abuse the drug issue with laws as well as both liberal and conservative factions such as myself want to do away with such rule by fear and control of our social lives.

The other factor is, of course, money. A lot of money is made by having drug laws. The more laws that are passed, the more money the criminal organizations make. The more money organized crime makes from drugs, the more they support politicians who will continue to pass more drug laws. And so the cycle goes.

For crying out loud, we know the real reasons for some drugs being illegalized, and it has absoulutely nothing to do with public health or safety. Marijauna was made illegal because of two major proponents to do so. One was government needing to rid the U.S. of a lot of Mexicans during the depression and the other was from producers of nylon who needed to get hemp from marijauna out of production as competition for rope manufacturing.

Decriminalize marijauna and the crime rate in the U.S. will drop by 30% within a year just by replacing violent drunks with passive pot heads.

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    I detest Neil Young! I know he is considered by musicians to be some sort of musical genius, but as far as I'm concerned, we should send that sniveling, anti-American, rock & roll killiing (hey, hey, my, my, rock and roll will never die....) commie back to Canada and not let him back into the U.S.

You already live with addicts. Some probably right next to you. The number of people that choose addiction would probably remain close to the same. Like alcohol, there will always those that choose to be addicted. In some cases where drugs have been made available to addicts (The Netherlands) addiction has fallen for some. Seems when drugs are available the excitement of scoring diminishes and some level of maturity takes place over time.
    Some don't know but there is a lot of drama and excitement in the covert act of being involved in many things illeagle including drugs. Some mental professionals refer to it as "The game of cops and robbers" Take that element away and it becomes just drugs.
    If you were convinced that legalizing drugs on some level would make the world safer for your kids would you feel different? The way things are now it's hard to imagine things worse.
    The title of this is "The War On Drugs Is Working Perfectly. If that were true it seems we would have seen different results after 40 years.
    Tracers work both ways.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111415161718192021