Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10131415161718192021 LastLast
Results 248 to 260 of 271
  1. #248
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    5,535
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    But those who do prefer the most leftist politicians available because the leftists are the ones that push to disarm the general population, making it easier for criminals to commit crimes, and make prison life so nice for when those criminals do get caught.
    Do you always feel you just have to say something? Careful, you might become irrealevent.
    Tracers work both ways.

  2. #249
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    Conservative/liberal is not just a political persuasion, it's a mind set that dominates a person's life in almost every way. Religion, parenting, relationships and others. Conservative = rigidity, liberal = flexible. Notice some libs are in their actions, conservative and the other way around also so it's often a mix. Both traits can be faulted when held in extreams.
    An interesting aspect of parenting is a kid raised lib will often leave home ( like the prodigal son ) but will return in time. A kid raised conservative usually doesn't leave but if they do they don't come back. Go ahead and disagree but it's not my study and I'm just throwing it out there.
    Sorries but those are your definitions of the words, language is fluid and words change over time.

  3. #250
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    885
    Lets put it this way. I see the war on drugs as a liberal use of state power and resources. Then again most people are liberal about the programs they agree with and conservitive about the ones they disagree with.

  4. #251
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    5,535
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    While I realize that posting links to support commentaries made on this forum are opposed by the more leftist posters who don't like confusing what they want to believe with facts, I still think it is best if all or our commentaries are at least a little more than bile from our own imaginations spewed out onto these internet pages.

    Typical for you to miss the point. I would rather see original thought with all it's errors than a copy/paste trying to pass as anything other than a poor substitute for actual thinking. It's curious you confuse links with facts when more often they are so often just opeds who's facts are suspect. But hey, does it give you that feel good feeling that you nailed someone with someone else's ideas?
    Tracers work both ways.

  5. #252
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    Attachment 317101

    just saying
    And most of that money is going to unionized government workers who are guaranteed to vote Democrat along with having billions of that money come back to the DNC from the unions themselves. Democrats are bilking Americans out of our hard earned money and using that money to support socialist programs that buy votes and support for the DNC.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  6. #253
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    Do you always feel you just have to say something? Careful, you might become irrealevent.
    Learn how to spell before needlessly responding to others.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  7. #254
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    Typical for you to miss the point. I would rather see original thought with all it's errors than a copy/paste trying to pass as anything other than a poor substitute for actual thinking. It's curious you confuse links with facts when more often they are so often just opeds who's facts are suspect. But hey, does it give you that feel good feeling that you nailed someone with someone else's ideas?
    I didn't miss the point in the least. I do understand that you think you should be able to spew out unsupported and unsubstantiated rhetoric that oozes into the green slime that occupies the space in your skull where most of us have gray matter. I did not miss your point, I simply, vehemently disagree with it.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  8. #255
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    5,535
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I didn't miss the point in the least. I do understand that you think you should be able to spew out unsupported and unsubstantiated rhetoric that oozes into the green slime that occupies the space in your skull where most of us have gray matter. I did not miss your point, I simply, vehemently disagree with it.
    As usual, stupidity reigns supreme. To attack an argument by criticizing spelling is typical of a person who doesn't have an argument. Maybe your argument isn't valid because you look funny. Same premise. Your mistake is in thinking arguments are substantiated by what others have said. They're not. The validity of an argument doesn't depend on finding support but on it's premises and conclusion. Following your thought process, truth is in finding someone that agrees with you.
    Any logic course would fail that approach. Also failing would be your attack on my brain. Think for yourself. Naw, not Robo. He's too needy of getting his peer support. I'm reminded why I usually ignore you.
    Tracers work both ways.

  9. #256
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    As usual, stupidity reigns supreme. To attack an argument by criticizing spelling is typical of a person who doesn't have an argument. Maybe your argument isn't valid because you look funny. Same premise. Your mistake is in thinking arguments are substantiated by what others have said. They're not. The validity of an argument doesn't depend on finding support but on it's premises and conclusion. Following your thought process, truth is in finding someone that agrees with you.
    Any logic course would fail that approach. Also failing would be your attack on my brain. Think for yourself. Naw, not Robo. He's too needy of getting his peer support. I'm reminded why I usually ignore you.
    OK, Wally;
    .
    .
    .
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  10. #257
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,219
    To get back to the OP, there is absolutely no good reason to criminalize the use of drugs but there are plenty of bad reasons. Probably more lives are damaged, ruined & lost because of the illegality of drugs than due to the effects of drugs use. It also gives rise to the criminal element & power to the drug lords. All we have to do is look at what happened during prohibition in the 20's when alcohol use was criminalized. Just to mention the possibility of legalizing drugs would be political suicide for any politician. There is no telling how many young kids have died from an overdose that could have easily been saved had they been taken to the emergency room but fear of the law stopped them or their friends from doing so. No one is suggesting drugs are O.K., only that the user should not be a criminal & needs help to get their life together. Now pushers who sell drugs to children, you can hang them in the town square for all I care.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    An engineer designs what he would never work on.
    A technician works on what he would never design.

  11. #258
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    To get back to the OP, there is absolutely no good reason to criminalize the use of drugs but there are plenty of bad reasons. Probably more lives are damaged, ruined & lost because of the illegality of drugs than due to the effects of drugs use. It also gives rise to the criminal element & power to the drug lords. All we have to do is look at what happened during prohibition in the 20's when alcohol use was criminalized. Just to mention the possibility of legalizing drugs would be political suicide for any politician. There is no telling how many young kids have died from an overdose that could have easily been saved had they been taken to the emergency room but fear of the law stopped them or their friends from doing so. No one is suggesting drugs are O.K., only that the user should not be a criminal & needs help to get their life together. Now pushers who sell drugs to children, you can hang them in the town square for all I care.
    There are no probably's about it; drug laws have created way more heartaches, legal, social and medical issues for Americans than drug usage ever did.

    Drug laws do nothing to stop drug abuse, but cause a lot more Americans to become criminals. The immense cost of criminalizing drugs alone should be considered a crime.....robbery!
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  12. #259
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    There are no probably's about it; drug laws have created way more heartaches, legal, social and medical issues for Americans than drug usage ever did.

    Drug laws do nothing to stop drug abuse, but cause a lot more Americans to become criminals. The immense cost of criminalizing drugs alone should be considered a crime.....robbery!
    Agreed,

    This issue has nothing to do with being conservative or liberal. It is common logic & statistics but there is just too much money in drugs being illegal for anything to change. Therefore the brainwashing begins: "if drugs were legalized we'd be a nation of drug addicts."
    The sad thing is that most people believe it.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    An engineer designs what he would never work on.
    A technician works on what he would never design.

  13. #260
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Paper Street Soap Company
    Posts
    2,304
    Ok then, point to the non-existant "statistics" and data that shows a society flooded with drugs is safer than a society that has laws that control their distrubition.

    The argument advocating for legalization can be applied to just about any other criminal conduct.

    YES it cost money to enforce laws, so what.

    I have every right to raise my kids in a society NOt awash with drug addicts.

    And No its not already like that, not in the

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10131415161718192021 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event