My balancing hood is squished.

And my Appion pump and gauges, torches, scales, all kinds of tools and stuff scattered all over the highway.

Name:  CA09181221410722-L.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  94.5 KB

This ruins my day.

Name:  CA09181221412858-L.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  76.2 KB

the guy that forgot to stop, despite all the orange signs that say slow down for road work ahead.

Name:  CA09181221411785-L.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  67.8 KB
    Respect is earned, Honesty is appreciated, Trust is gained, and Loyalty is returned.

You are lucky you are still here to start this post. You must be sore? Looks like a dead on straight hit from the back!
    Always here

A little pain in the neck (literally) but he just nicked my truck, about 8-10" from the edge of the bumper. He was doing about 50mph. My employee was behind that big truck, and said it looked like my truck exploded.
    Respect is earned, Honesty is appreciated, Trust is gained, and Loyalty is returned.

You got lucky is right!
    I always stress I'm gonna get a rear end hit esp. when I have bundles of pipe of any kind stacked in the back!

Sorry to hear about the gear, but glad to hear you are ok for the most part.

OUCH!!! good to hear you're pretty much ok. that could have been MUCH worse!

Glad your ok and posting
    You think insurance will cover all of those top of the line tools?

Thanks all! Yeah we can only hope. And as much as I hate to get attorneys involved, I cant let this slide for minimum values. So we'll see. Got to meet with them today. Going in for X-rays as well.

My Advice?
    Don't settle for at least a year on the physical/medical side of things. Soft tissue damage and nerve damage are very real outcomes in a situation like this.
    If that guy hadn't turned that little bit just before he hit, you would have gone to the great recovery tank in the sky...there's probably 20 to 35 thousand pounds sitting there. And that's just counting what the guy left on the drivers seat. ;-)

Since I got rear ended in my first service van, I still watch my rear view mirrors when I come to a stop, and leave room in front of me to pull out of the way.
    Glad you're okay!

Thanks!
    Good advice, went to look at the truck today with the attorney and the shop owners at the impound yard all came out and told me how lucky I was to survive that! ? Barely felt anything, but yes, scary to thank about what it could have been. Still need to get x-rays and checked out.