+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good salary for HVAC apprentice?

Post Likes
    My bosses kid was telling me he would be running the company in 10 years and so far all he is good at is calling in sick and picking up after me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sto2299001 View Post
    Lets see. This particular photo was taken while running a third party call. As per their contract request any time a service tech uses more than 1lb of r-22 they demand the use of seal leak. The seal leak which runs for $48 is a far better option than replacing the outdoor condensing unit or A coil. Just happens this fixed the problem. Leak seal is great!! And they swear by it. If I can run a call and be done in 15 minutes then I much rather do that then use my leak detector and go into an attic, or having to use nitrogen or leak spray..etc. And as I mentioned this particular "third party" company demands the use of it...

As for my arm dangling over the unit, way to be a smart ass..not like I was putting weight on it..

I know you dig my safety glasses, looking good on the job ...PRICELESS!
    Just to let you know I would hire you in a minute because you are very hungry. You appear to be very sharp and even arrogant which is all okay just remember the bigger they are the harder they fall. Unfortunatly not everything goes by the book, that's what makes this buisiness so special, Keep up the good post they are entertaining.

Post Likes
    classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joehvac25 View Post
    My bosses kid was telling me he would be running the company in 10 years and so far all he is good at is calling in sick and picking up after me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Typical

Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    classic.

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=HVAC-matt;14277801][QUOTE=sto2299001;14267331]Lets see. This particular photo was taken while running a third party call. As per their contract request any time a service tech uses more than 1lb of r-22 they demand the use of seal leak. The seal leak which runs for $48 is a far better option than replacing the outdoor condensing unit or A coil. Just happens this fixed the problem. Leak seal is great!!QUOTE]

I was taught that the only thing that should be in a system is refrigerant and oil. I understand that is what the contract says but have you seen any units a few years after you use it? I wouldnt swear by that crap, not trying to bust balls but just saying the best way to fix a leak is to repair it the right way. Finding it with Nitrogen and bubbles and repairing it with braze.[/QUOtrue

true.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    Just to let you know I would hire you in a minute because you are very hungry. You appear to be very sharp and even arrogant which is all okay just remember the bigger they are the harder they fall. Unfortunatly not everything goes by the book, that's what makes this buisiness so special, Keep up the good post they are entertaining.
    Thank you. Glad I can entertain everyone, yea I wish I got into this field a long time ago.

Post Likes
    Entertaining is not necessarily a bad thing?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    Entertaining is not necessarily a bad thing?
    Yea, I took it as a complement.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in