I have just installed a Goodman 115K high efficiency furnace. I have 3" PVC pipes for the air-intake and flue. I followed the rule of a 1/4 inch upwards slope per foot of flue pipe run from the furnace. I also have a Trane Bayvent200B to terminate the 3 inch pipes on the outside wall. Because I would like to mount the bayvent vertically, I will not be able to have a 1/4 inch upward slope for fresh air-intake from the furnace. Does the fresh air-intake need a 1/4 inch upward slope for direct vent installations?

[Edited by nikk on 10-02-2006 at 08:59 PM]

no DiY
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Darn!!! ... I did not read the rules... sorry!

yep, if you don't want it to fill with water.

terminating 3 inch pipes... are you sure you read your instalation manual????

I really had my tail between my legs when I incorrectly posted in this forum and I was hoping I would not generate responses that high-lighted my ignorance. But one thing is guaranteed, I read and I read a lot. I have checked many sources before posting here and one thing is clear, there is no mention or fresh air slope to and from the furnace.
    And a little clarity with my use of the word terminate straight from the BAYVENT200B manual "..... This vent kit may be used on 2, 2-1/2, or 3 inch vent systems. The vent kit must terminate outside the structure and may be installed with the pipes side by side ... " and to conclude, my 3 inch pipes terminate on the bayvent on one end and on the furnace on the other end. I guess the use of the word terminate may have been incorrect, but my lack of experience in HVAC talk is apparent... Again I apologize for using the incorrect forum.

[Edited by nikk on 10-02-2006 at 09:14 PM]