Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hoshizaki KM800MRE, bad board?

Unit starts and operates properly, then randomly the board will cut power to the contactor, and re-apply power 1-30 seconds later. LED 1 still claims the compressor should have power. Slap the side of the unit and the compressor comes back on. I think it's just the relay on the board, but obviously i'll just replace the whole board.

What do ya'll think?

P.S. i checked output to the contactor with my volt meter, and voltage was zero.

Id make sure the on/off switch was good first.

ditto on the switch. Mani's act silly like that sometime and I believe there is a post somewhere on here about it. I read about it first and when I came upon my first machine that displayed the symptoms I knew where to look. Saved me tons of time.

Quote Originally Posted by wdshea View Post
    I think it's just the relay on the board, but obviously i'll just replace the whole board.
    I have had your symptoms with Hoshi board relays... it's pretty easy to replace a relay on the board if that is what it turns out to be.

Here is a video I did on this subject (total self-promotion ).

Experience is what you have an hour after you need it.

You still think it could be the switch even though all LED's on the board stay lit (indicating power and freeze cycle), and it will just re-energize the contactor.

board for sure

Just wanted to make sure, i know these machines pretty well, but i am by no means an expert. Thanks for the input, i'll let you know of the resolution.

Seen it probably 4-5 times in my short 3 years of this trade. Yes it needs a new board.

Bad board!

Check on/off switch first before replace , happen to me before some chef was playing with the board and left it on

Yeah and with the new boards hoshizaki suggests installing their new style of compressor contactor. I like the fact the boards are suitable for a multitude of hoshizakis cause they can be expensive. I have not had much luck in repairing control boards on all refrigeration products never mind ice machines . Replace the board and stop slapping that gorgeous stainless exterior. Lol

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

I had this happen on a brand new Hoshi on start-up. Luckily, its not so common where you'll see it a lot.
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

I would actually check the 10 wire plug in first
    Make sure pin connectors are not loose.

Check for power output there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast