+ Reply to Thread

Thread: manitowoc syo424a 110830566

Post Likes

manitowoc syo424a 110830566

sorry about the double post in another thread. Bookmarks.

Another one for ya that I have a question on. Picked up a txv and filter drier for said machine above. Dropped it off to another tech onsite. I opened the box and saw peeped the instructions while he proceeded to do what he does. He removed the old txv and proceeded to braze in the new txv (it was gooped in Hot Damn) while purgin nitro. I saw on the instructions that it said if it was for a Q model that a J tube would need to be installed. From the factory this was mounted upside down. We both peered over the instructions and came to the conclusion that since it wasn't a Q model that it should be installed the same way it came out.

He did his thing and it didn't take long at all. I left for another job. He calls and says it is showing the same symptoms. Restriction. He calls mani tech support and they have him braze on service tap on the outlet of the txv and tell him if the pressure reading is the same that it is the txv that it is restricted.

I did a quick google search and couldn't find any service bullitans regarding txv mounting on S models. Or should he/we have heeded the instructions and mounted the txv rightside up and sweated in the J tube as it instructed to for for the Q model?

Any insight would be appreciated. New valve has been ordered. As for pressure and temps I really can't help ya there. I only know what he told me.

After he weighed in charge and compressor start up, high was around 275 ish and dropped down to 150-160ish. Suction dropped the same to settle aorund 2 psi.

As for temps can't really help ya there. Wasnt onsite. Told him I peek the internet and see if anybody else has come across this and relay the information to him.

thanks again

Post Likes
    S models should have the valve installed right side up, with a J-tube if they came with it upside down

Post Likes
    I heard about this one. What Danbb said. It should be brazed in the same way as the Q model.
    The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent The Manitowoc Company's positions, strategies, or opinions.

Post Likes
    Good to know
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    thanks gents. I am a stickler for reading the paperwork but in this case there was no mention of the S models being included. We both went with the idea if it it came from the factory this way, put it back in the same way. New valve is on the way and I will relay the info. Thanks again.

Post Likes
    What temperature does the evaporator run on this type of ice machine?

Post Likes
    What's on the condensor outlet? Check valve? Anything and why would you braze a tap on the TXV outlet? Are you sure he didn't mean condensor outlet?

Post Likes
    apologies, I did that job earlier this week, the service tap that was put on by the other tech was on the liquid line going into the txv to see if the new drier was restricted.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in