+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CPC

Post Likes

Confused CPC

I understand the network etc. My question is from one controler to the next is comB ?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by frigeguy View Post
    My question is from one controler to the next is comB ?
    Correct, COM "B" in CPC REFLECS is a daisy chain from each controller (RMCC, BEC).

However, CPC REFLECS is unable to transfer "global" data between the controllers.

Com "B" is connected to a remote 485 Alarm Panel which allows each connected controller to send alarms to the 485 panel and alert store personnel, the 485 alarm panel is usually mounted at the front of the store, or in the managers office.

Com "B" is the same communication protocol as Com "A" as in, it's a 3 wire RS485 network. The same communication voltages apply, the communication chip is the same, & the rules of termination are the same.

Except Com "B" cannot accept I/O boards, it only connects each controller to the alarm panel.

I/O boards connect to either Com "A" or "D".

Com "C" is your modem connection that allows remote communication and alarm dial out.

Post Likes
    Does anyone know the part# for the ribbon cable that connects the PIB Board to the main processor board?. Can't find # anywhere online.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pounds View Post
    Does anyone know the part# for the ribbon cable that connects the PIB Board to the main processor board?. Can't find # anywhere online.
    i use the cpc-637-4801 noise abatement kit
    Mastic its whats for dinner!

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=Pounds;15435531]Does anyone know the part# for the ribbon cable that connects the PIB Board to the main processor board?. Can't find # anywhere online.[/QUOTh
    That's for an E2 is that what you were looking for? Or an RMCC
    Mastic its whats for dinner!

Post Likes

Cool Pib to Processor Board

[QUOTE=gatorfan9606;15435661]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pounds View Post
    Does anyone know the part# for the ribbon cable that connects the PIB Board to the main processor board?. Can't find # anywhere online.[/QUOTh
    That's for an E2 is that what you were looking for? Or an RMCC
    RMCC. My parts guy ordered and he ended up with the E2 cables. I need the one that connects the 3211 pib to the Rmcc processor. Thanks

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase Loss View Post
    Correct, COM "B" in CPC REFLECS is a daisy chain from each controller (RMCC, BEC).

However, CPC REFLECS is unable to transfer "global" data between the controllers.

Com "B" is connected to a remote 485 Alarm Panel which allows each connected controller to send alarms to the 485 panel and alert store personnel, the 485 alarm panel is usually mounted at the front of the store, or in the managers office.

Com "B" is the same communication protocol as Com "A" as in, it's a 3 wire RS485 network. The same communication voltages apply, the communication chip is the same, & the rules of termination are the same.

Except Com "B" cannot accept I/O boards, it only connects each controller to the alarm panel.

Com "C" is your modem connection that allows remote communication and alarm dial out.
    Geezus, man - I'm not sure it would be possible to make that response any more complicated.
    "The problem is the average person isn’t tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and it’s not in the movies they watch, and it’s not in the few books that they buy, they don’t get it" - Jack Canfield

Post Likes
    Yesterday, I took a good look at the ribbon cable from 3211 Pib Board to the processor board while I was changing the main board due to it constantly resetting itself(Got lucky as all the chips matched up). No CPC like part#'s on it. #'s on the ribbon cable were:HCM 23100 AWM Style 2651 28 AWG

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase Loss View Post

Oh God. Thanks for memory lane. And the refresher. I have quite a bit of work ahead of me cutting over these guys. Quite a few.

It's the plugging the existing database to the new I am not looking forward to. BORING.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dowadudda View Post
    Oh God. Thanks for memory lane. And the refresher. I have quite a bit of work ahead of me cutting over these guys. Quite a few.

It's the plugging the existing database to the new I am not looking forward to. BORING.

I enjoy that kind of work.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crackertech View Post
    I enjoy that kind of work.
    I have a ton to do. It's the database swap over, where you have to suck the old database, and key in by hand over to the new platform, after you do a few, it just gets very old very quick. It becomes very boring. You have to remember I have ADD.

Post Likes
    Just make sure you have plenty of beer

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in