+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Transit Connect

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Transit Connect

Lets see some pictures of how you guys have them setup inside. I do about 90% controls work and 10% mechanical service and will be picking up my Ford Transit Connect tomorrow, coming out of an Express.

Post Likes
    I'd like to see this also, as the owner of our company is wanting to do the same thing. I drive an express also that is loaded to the max and I would like to see how one of those looks fully loaded.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by xarralu View Post
    I'd like to see this also, as the owner of our company is wanting to do the same thing. I drive an express also that is loaded to the max and I would like to see how one of those looks fully loaded.
    The shoe horn is an option when you purchase the vehicle.

Post Likes
    If they would bring over the turbo-diesel and a standard tranny (like 95% of them in Europe), I would be interested but with the current setup

Post Likes
    I had a Transit Connect at my last job. I do not recommend them. We had several in the company and about 30% had transmission problems at 20,000 miles. Probably because they had more weight than what was recommended, which wasn't that much. In addition, we had one involved in a fender bender. The damage did not look all that bad but it had to be totaled! Unless you don't carry a lot of wieght and live in the city( because these things get blown around on the highway) don't get one. Of course that is just MHO
    You can easily judge the character of a man
    by how he treats those who can do nothing for him
    -James D. Miles

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug-e-fresh View Post
    I had a Transit Connect at my last job. I do not recommend them. We had several in the company and about 30% had transmission problems at 20,000 miles. Probably because they had more weight than what was recommended, which wasn't that much. In addition, we had one involved in a fender bender. The damage did not look all that bad but it had to be totaled! Unless you don't carry a lot of wieght and live in the city( because these things get blown around on the highway) don't get one. Of course that is just MHO

You couldn't have said it better. We have about a dozen of them. The fuel tanks are tiny and if you are in an express you may as well figure out what you really don't need cause it ain't gonna fit. I road with one of our commercial guys and that was the worst ride of my life. I could not move the seat back any further on the passenger side and my knees where hitting the dash. The tranny issues are real. Not to mention that they have no power to go up a hill. Around town the may be OK, but I aggree with Doug-e-fresh!

Post Likes
    Not meant for HEAVY loads / work.

Only people I have heard are happy with them were service tech for OTIS ELEVATOR , carried tool box , spare controller boards , laptop , some relays and a shgop vac in it.

One of the manufacturers need to bring back a GMC SAFARI sized mini van for the guys who do not need a 5 TON truck

Post Likes

Transit Connect

Quote Originally Posted by chadtech View Post
    Lets see some pictures of how you guys have them setup inside. I do about 90% controls work and 10% mechanical service and will be picking up my Ford Transit Connect tomorrow, coming out of an Express.
    I have a Transit Connect with about 40,000 miles on it. I love working out of it because I can reach everything from the back without climbing inside. I also have an extra set of shelves that are in front of one of the side doors which is nice. I will say that interstate driving is not as great. The engine is very weak on take off and is noisy. And it is true that the wind will push you all over the road. Check out the commercial Ford website. They have a picture of the new 2014 Transit and Transit Connect to be released next fall. It looks totally different from the current model. Maybe it will have a larger engine.

Post Likes
    Yes its going to be bigger with more Engine Power " When Ford’s all-new Transit commercial van debuts in North America in 2013, it will come equipped with the company’s award-winning, fuel-efficient 3.5-liter EcoBoost® V6 engine to better meet the needs of commercial truck customers "

Looks like the European model in use now http://www.ford.com/commercial-truck...ransitconnect/

Post Likes
    Well, after 4 days in it I have to say i'm liking it! Like NC Trend said, I can reach and access everything without climbing inside it, power locks with keyless entry, windows, mirrors, cruise control, CD / MP3, 24.5 MPG!! Yes its small, it doesn't have a lot of power but, I'm not in a hurry and if you drive it reasonably the engine power is fine. I mean it is a 2.0L, what did you expect? I imagine the ones that are having reliability/drive-ability issues are ones that are overloaded, and driven like its stolen, also turning the O/D off in hilly or when heavy loaded is recommended. I think Ford has seen the need and interest in these vehicles, i've been told that they have been outselling the F150 lately, so i'm sure they are listening to our needs of a little more power, and a little more space. Anyhow i'd rather push a Ford than be driving a Chevy!! LOL

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in