+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RGF REME or APCO Air Purifier experiences

Post Likes

RGF REME or APCO Air Purifier experiences

Has anybody in here installed either the RGF REME Air Purifier of the APCO Air Purifier. We have distributors that want to sell us both of these, but we would like some real world experience in how they work, and how hard they are to install (especially the REME).
    Hi, my name is Glenn, and I'm a Toolaholic!

Post Likes
    Hi Glenn the RGF Reme is a great product however there is something else out there which is light years better. It is the Needlepoint Bi Polar Ion generator which has no maintenance or Ozone Build up. The air smells clean unlike the Reme's Ozone odor so your customers will be very happy. http://gpshvac.com/index.php?option=...d=11&Itemid=93

Post Likes
    Will wonders never cease? Lookup oxidative stress:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxidative_stress

The free-radical theory of aging:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-ra...heory_of_aging

and ask yourself if it's a good idea to breathe something as powerful as bleach all day. That's why they claim to kill viruses, bacteria and mold -- by damaging them with chemical reactions. It's tragic that people are conned into buying them without realising the risks they're taking. People involved in selling ion/hydroxyl generators should be sued out of business. You have a lot of nerve to suggest buying that in an air quality forum.

Post Likes
    Not all products are the same. These GPS Needle point Bi-Polar ionizers have been tested by the
    best 3rd party companies in laboratories and actual buildings like schools, hospitals and the Army Corp of Engineers in Washington DC. In today's world we know all the issues and the laboratories specifically look for any of those harming conditions mentioned in your article. There are none with this product and many tests have been done from 2010 to now.

Quote Originally Posted by pmeunier View Post
    Will wonders never cease? Lookup oxidative stress:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxidative_stress

The free-radical theory of aging:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-ra...heory_of_aging

and ask yourself if it's a good idea to breathe something as powerful as bleach all day. That's why they claim to kill viruses, bacteria and mold -- by damaging them with chemical reactions. It's tragic that people are conned into buying them without realising the risks they're taking. People involved in selling ion/hydroxyl generators should be sued out of business. You have a lot of nerve to suggest buying that in an air quality forum.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Aterzado View Post
    Not all products are the same. These GPS Needle point Bi-Polar ionizers have been tested by the
    best 3rd party companies in laboratories and actual buildings like schools, hospitals and the Army Corp of Engineers in Washington DC. In today's world we know all the issues and the laboratories specifically look for any of those harming conditions mentioned in your article. There are none with this product and many tests have been done from 2010 to now.
    I'm interested; I'd like to read a scientific study supporting those claims. Thanks

Post Likes
    Here are 11 Scientific reports to get you started
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/982ainguv1vrx3w/xtccSsmzZI

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Aterzado View Post
    Here are 11 Scientific reports to get you started
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/982ainguv1vrx3w/xtccSsmzZI
    Thanks. What I'm reading so far is evidence of toxicity to micro-organisms and chemical reactions powerful enough to destroy whole classes of compounds. There's also a small increase in ozone, to which sensitive individuals may react but most people might not. I don't see anything about non-toxicity to humans after breathing in these reaction chambers for years. It's logical to think that the toxicity to micro-organisms will have consequences in mammals exposed for a long time, because the chemical reactions involved are strong. I'm still afraid that the teachers in those schools, after 10 or 20 years on the job, may develop cancer or other health issues faster than their colleagues in schools without that equipment.

Post Likes
    I agree with pm. After reading these so called "scientific reports" I see nothing that indicates that this technology is safe or effective for indoor environments. Once again, what we see are carefully selected anecdotal cases or experiments done in chambers the size of a microwave (with a computer fan to simulate an HVAC system). This is marketing hype and not scientific data. Until we see third party, independent analyses of these devices, the watchwords would be "consumer beware." At the end of the day there is an overwhelming body of evidence showing that chemical reactions to eliminate the bad stuff in indoor air cannot be effective without causing unintended and potentially harmful byproducts.

Post Likes
    Ok, then let me share some more third party test results for you all. This one is by Bureau Veritas which is an authority in Indoor air investigations and certifications globally. It is for a school which by the way reduced their outside air intake by 50% and is saving a huge amount of money on electricity thanks to Global Plasma Solutions. www.GPSHVAC.com
    Please read up to the point with a written Conclusion of the attached report: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i47yvqvj0...2010Survey.pdf

Post Likes
    and here is something you haven' seen before with these type of products. It's a UL 867 Air purifier report with Ozone Chamber Test. Global Plasma Solutions www.GPSHVAC.com passed this test way below the limit allowed to pass. You will not detect any ozone in the space with this product so you can achieve a cleaner smelling indoor air. Very experienced contractors in Florida have been using them in their own home and very impressed with the IAQ. This is the best Indoor air quality product in the market today. No Ozone or maintenance with all the Bacteria, Virus kill rates of the RGF plus excellent dust and particulate reduction.

Here is the Ozone Chamber report UL Standard for Safety for Electrostatic Air Cleaners, UL 867,
    Section 37 Fourth Edition, December 21, 2007.
    for Global Plasma Solutions. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i47yvqvj0...est%20Data.pdf

Post Likes
    I have used both the RGF and the GPS products and can say first hand that both work. I had two RGF cells in my home and did notice that the kids didn't have as many doctor visits and didn't pass colds back and forth. The only complaint I had with the RGF products is the cost to keep it going because the replacement bulbs are pricey. I now have the GPS-2400 in my system and have been very surprised at its effectiveness. I recently moved and noticed a distinct musty smell downstairs. I heard about the GPS products and decided to try one. The smell was gone in about 24 hours and hasn't returned at all. Not sure about longterm health effects, but I guess I am going to go at some point in time from something.

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=Aterzado;14418311]Here are 11 Scientific reports to get you started
    [URL="https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i47yvqvj06obrwo/uE9_gK8uKe

Post Likes
    Here is the correct link to the reports https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i47yvqvj06obrwo/uE9_gK8uKe

Post Likes
    I have personally installed over 30 rgf units (phi not reme) and they work very well when they work.. The failure rate in the bulbs is in my opinion way too excessive. It is not uncommon to replace the bulb every other year which is very pricey. The reme is a different setup and I do not have a track record with it so I cannot comment. I will say one if the running jokes at work is when I get a phone call and the tech says "hey you won't believe it,, I was on a call today and I saw a rgf that was working" they have made changed to ballasts I believe which had helped. I just pass the info and experience I have along

Post Likes
    The REME and other RGF products were all about ozone production, until 2003 when EPA said ozone is bad. Then they claimed to produce hydro peroxides, which according to definition, are Organic peroxides, which are powerful bleaching agents. There has been one study done in 18 years substantiating their claims of whole house disinfection. If this product actually works, don't you think there would be more than one study? I have more customers who asked these products to be removed due to the "bleach" smell they created. They were scared they put an ozone system in their home. We had so many fail that the owner finally switched to another brand.

Post Likes
    I have seen a higher than I would like failure rate unfortunately. I have a keen sense for ozone and I cannot smell any with my vsf unit. I am a firm believer in them. Last year my wife asked if it was still working cuz the house seems to be different. Sure enough, 3 yr old
    Bulb reached its lifespan and it died. Just my .02

Post Likes
    How is the GPS different fromthe below Needle Point Ionizers on the web?

The device includes a housing containing a compact circuit that transforms direct current provided by the battery into a negative high voltage pulsating current which is connected to a sharp metal point contained within a chamber inside the hollow housing. A corona discharge forms on the sharp point, ionizing air molecules and any particulates, and generating ozone.

Here's some other information on Needle Point Ionizers...

Negative ions and ozone are natures most powerful air-cleansing agents. There is nothing in the world more effective in taking allergens and contaminates out of the air we breathe. Unfortunately, due to the tight construction of todays homes and buildings, they are unable to take effect within indoor environments. Negative ions and ozone are created by nature, and found at their most optimal levels where the air is most pure and healthy.

If you talk me into it, I'll try one. Who in San Antonio sells these?

Post Likes
    The GPS product is not a negative ionizer. It makes equal amounts of Positive and Negative ions. The negative only ionizers will create Ozone and not pass the UL ozone chamber test like the GPS does. I'm checking who has them in San Antonio and will post it as soon as I find out. I have been selling them throughout Florida and everyone loves the results. There is no need for Ozone, Peroxides, Chlorine, Mercury, Bulbs or replacement parts to have a dust free and outstanding IAQ.

Post Likes
    We supply/sell the APCO DETOX, and the Activtek Air Scrubber Plus. We installed an APCO for a customer who had a two story house, and hoarded severely. Also, 3 dogs had run of the entire downstairs which they used as a litter box for dogs. My partner threw up from the smell about 5 minutes after we showed up to clean the furnace/coil and ductwork. We installed the APCO, and ran the fan on both zones for about 20 minutes and you literally could not smell any difference from the inside vs. outside. I bought one and it is currently in my house as I type.

Post Likes
    Century AC Supply is the GPS Distributor in San Antonio.
    contact Jimmy Renteria at 713-298-4267.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in