Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have personally installed over 30 rgf units (phi not reme) and they work very well when they work.. The failure rate in the bulbs is in my opinion way too excessive. It is not uncommon to replace the bulb every other year which is very pricey. The reme is a different setup and I do not have a track record with it so I cannot comment. I will say one if the running jokes at work is when I get a phone call and the tech says "hey you won't believe it,, I was on a call today and I saw a rgf that was working" they have made changed to ballasts I believe which had helped. I just pass the info and experience I have along

The REME and other RGF products were all about ozone production, until 2003 when EPA said ozone is bad. Then they claimed to produce hydro peroxides, which according to definition, are Organic peroxides, which are powerful bleaching agents. There has been one study done in 18 years substantiating their claims of whole house disinfection. If this product actually works, don't you think there would be more than one study? I have more customers who asked these products to be removed due to the "bleach" smell they created. They were scared they put an ozone system in their home. We had so many fail that the owner finally switched to another brand.

I have seen a higher than I would like failure rate unfortunately. I have a keen sense for ozone and I cannot smell any with my vsf unit. I am a firm believer in them. Last year my wife asked if it was still working cuz the house seems to be different. Sure enough, 3 yr old
    Bulb reached its lifespan and it died. Just my .02

How is the GPS different fromthe below Needle Point Ionizers on the web?

The device includes a housing containing a compact circuit that transforms direct current provided by the battery into a negative high voltage pulsating current which is connected to a sharp metal point contained within a chamber inside the hollow housing. A corona discharge forms on the sharp point, ionizing air molecules and any particulates, and generating ozone.

Here's some other information on Needle Point Ionizers...

Negative ions and ozone are natures most powerful air-cleansing agents. There is nothing in the world more effective in taking allergens and contaminates out of the air we breathe. Unfortunately, due to the tight construction of todays homes and buildings, they are unable to take effect within indoor environments. Negative ions and ozone are created by nature, and found at their most optimal levels where the air is most pure and healthy.

If you talk me into it, I'll try one. Who in San Antonio sells these?

The GPS product is not a negative ionizer. It makes equal amounts of Positive and Negative ions. The negative only ionizers will create Ozone and not pass the UL ozone chamber test like the GPS does. I'm checking who has them in San Antonio and will post it as soon as I find out. I have been selling them throughout Florida and everyone loves the results. There is no need for Ozone, Peroxides, Chlorine, Mercury, Bulbs or replacement parts to have a dust free and outstanding IAQ.

We supply/sell the APCO DETOX, and the Activtek Air Scrubber Plus. We installed an APCO for a customer who had a two story house, and hoarded severely. Also, 3 dogs had run of the entire downstairs which they used as a litter box for dogs. My partner threw up from the smell about 5 minutes after we showed up to clean the furnace/coil and ductwork. We installed the APCO, and ran the fan on both zones for about 20 minutes and you literally could not smell any difference from the inside vs. outside. I bought one and it is currently in my house as I type.

Century AC Supply is the GPS Distributor in San Antonio.
    contact Jimmy Renteria at 713-298-4267.

the GPS unit will get these same IAQ benefits you mentioned without all the maintenance.

You know, aterzado, I've been reading a lot of your posts & I've come to the conclusion that they're nothing more than advertisements for GPS and their air cleaners. Just curious, do you ever get tired spouting their approved talking points and propaganda?
    WHY?

That's funny Special Ed. I don't get tired because when I am at home I have such a clean home that I Love it! And I don't have any ozone odors or maintenance or worries! I also know that many people are struggling with bulbs and odors which are totally unnecessary when you have the GPS Bipolar Ionization!

I'm excited about it. Everyone that tries it is too!

Glass Bulbs are like using pay phones and GPS Bi-polar Ionization is a 4G Cell phone! Thanks Special Ed for reading on!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12