Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Candidates talk about science and related issues

Romney and Obama talk about some of "the most important science policy questions facing the United States," and how to fund their support:

http://www.sciencedebate.org/debate12/
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Candidates will blow ANY smoke they can to get elected (yeah, I am cynical this time around). Note I did not separate the two parties here.

What we need is to get the govt OUT of the way of business, lower govt spending, and let the economy grow.

IMO any other stuff needs to get in line with getting our priorities in line concerning business and debt.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Democrats typically dont fund science initiatives rather than gutting programs and agencies like NASA to distribute money to their base and pay back donors and supporters.

Obamas green initiative was never about alternative energy. It was about setting up numerous donors and supporters with billions in tax payer dollars through now bankrupt green energy companies.

NASAs manned splace fight program was scrapped ( Constellation ) and Contrctors got nailed. Too bad the UAW doesn't cover Aero space industry workers.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    What we need is to get the govt OUT of the way of business, lower govt spending, and let the economy grow.

IMO any other stuff needs to get in line with getting our priorities in line concerning business and debt.
    Looks to me like Romney agrees with you. But his proposals are a little more specific than yours.
    Vacuum Technology:

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    Looks to me like Romney agrees with you. But his proposals are a little more specific than yours.
    IMO the principles of freedom and free enterprise do not change much.. just the understanding (or lack thereof) of them.

I just hope enough folks see what you see.

Heard a short interview with Herman Cain this morning... He is going around the country doing short seminars (breakfast, lunch, afternoon meetings) to teach folks what is REALLY going on. Herman says the folks he talks to DO get it.

Heard a black preacher say: Do not vote. His rational was: BHO supports Gays, and I cannot vote for a Mormon. Well... maybe BHO will not have the black vote in his pocket as the polls seem to think...

Polls... not always correct.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

The problem is most people don't pay any closer attention to the news than jusst as far as it affects them, failing to look at the bigger picture to start to tie things together to see how all the other stuff does actually affect them. They don't look past the end of their nose either because they are too self centered or because they don't understand that yes things that happen outside our borders, state or national, do affect our lives.

I can believe that those Herman Caine talks to understand the problem, but it's no different than many on this forum. You can see which ones look at the news for what's in it for them and those that look beyond the surface glits and see the substance or lack there of. They are the ones more concerned about what happens years down the road as well as today, and not just today.

Quote Originally Posted by kls-ccc View Post
    The problem is most people don't pay any closer attention to the news than jusst as far as it affects them, failing to look at the bigger picture to start to tie things together to see how all the other stuff does actually affect them. They don't look past the end of their nose either because they are too self centered or because they don't understand that yes things that happen outside our borders, state or national, do affect our lives.

I can believe that those Herman Caine talks to understand the problem, but it's no different than many on this forum. You can see which ones look at the news for what's in it for them and those that look beyond the surface glits and see the substance or lack there of. They are the ones more concerned about what happens years down the road as well as today, and not just today.
    At coffee today, three middle aged guys have not even heard that your embassies are being attacked and your ambassador killed. They sure do know which team won (football, hockey, basketball, soccer), who is in what position in NASCAR, what movies are hot. Of course I am the opposite.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Its important to have a good sense of perspective if your the type of guy who is interested in politics and world events.

That much negativity CAN have a effect on your general outlook and if not taken in moderation and with enough exposure can cause mild to moderate depression.

I try to remind my self that blood sells. That the bits and pieces of bad news generated instantly via sattelite do not represent the majority of the Earths population.

My sister in law likes to te me this is the worst the worlds ever been to which I respond " no stupid", it just seems like it because we have instant access to " the horror ".

That if we had this kind of technology around during the 14th cemtury the perception would have been that the world was ending due to the black plague.

BTW, for those who have not clicked on the link in the OP because you thought it was a video, it's not. It's a side-by-side comparison of statements made by the two candidates.

Here's the link: http://www.sciencedebate.org/debate12/
    Vacuum Technology:

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    BTW, for those who have not clicked on the link in the OP because you thought it was a video, it's not. It's a side-by-side comparison of statements made by the two candidates.

Here's the link: http://www.sciencedebate.org/debate12/
    Yeah, I kinda skimmed through it.

Would be nice if polecats understood (or even cared) about science... However IMO it is more a matter of 'How can I USE this to my advantage'... polecats are mostly users.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    Its important to have a good sense of perspective if your the type of guy who is interested in politics and world events.

That much negativity CAN have a effect on your general outlook and if not taken in moderation and with enough exposure can cause mild to moderate depression.

I try to remind my self that blood sells. That the bits and pieces of bad news generated instantly via sattelite do not represent the majority of the Earths population.

My sister in law likes to te me this is the worst the worlds ever been to which I respond " no stupid", it just seems like it because we have instant access to " the horror ".

That if we had this kind of technology around during the 14th cemtury the perception would have been that the world was ending due to the black plague.
    That is why when my mother tell me about stupid people that end up on daytime TV I really do not care. I know there are a lot of stupid people out there, not like I need to be reminded.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Vacuum Technology:

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

The only position they should have on science, is lower restrictions and getting the hell out of private industries way. Government does nothing efficiently. Without government involvement many industries would have been in much better shape. Just think what internet and communications would have been like without government setting up ma bell as a monopoly and limiting who could run lines. Where would energy be at if government had not kill thorium/salt reactors, so that they could have uranium boiling water reactors simply so that they could use them to make weapons. The list is endless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast