Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I like the simple little mod we sell.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post
    I like the simple little mod we sell.

Did Twilli hear you say Coleman?
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

I hear from the gallery of close but not really. You bunch of York dorks lol
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Quote Originally Posted by twilli3967 View Post
    Did Twilli hear you say Coleman?
    How about UPG?
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Why dont you explain to me the problem you are experiencing. I'll do my best but remember there are rules within this site and my thoughts are going to be based on the information I get. Your best bet however is to tell your installing contractor that you would like him to contact the local distributor for assistance. If ultimately needed they can have a factory guy go through it. The funny thing is it's simple. Fact is I dont spend as much time surfing this site as I would like... seems my day job gets in the way

Jpb, the same holds true here, and it seems the techs in Philly dont feel like they need training on anything. Most of the dealers that bad mouth it do it because they cant sell it until they attend the training.

One day, I am going to let my 10 year old son rewire a thermostat in front of a tech and homeowner who "have tried everything" and see what their response is. My son is no electrician, but he knows that G goes to G and R to R.

Thanks for the reply Doc but I think with Baldloonies help I have the problem resolved. I after some checking and making sure of the existing wiring found that the W white wire on the heater was wired to the W2 spot on the thermostat. I out of frustration switched it myself and since then it has worked completely different. The house is warm and comfortable and not cold, the unit comes on and the EAC when the stat says system on. I think this was the problem....however I still need to find a good tech to service my unit in the future and also for any additional needs I may have but going to the rheem site is not the answer. I explained to my installer in depth about the W and W2 wire and all he says is he will stop out with the tech guy from the distributor which in over a month now he has not done nor do I think he intends to do. He thinks I am just picky and annoying him with useless details....in short this was one of the worst experiences I have ever had with a contractor.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123